Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
A And my 930 is still stock'ish. Though I did wish at the time that I had even more poop, just because I miss it.

One thing's for sure, and I know you are thinking this in a big way, Mark, is that even a stock 930 is better than no 930 (even though I bang on the stockers all the time)!

Old 10-19-2016, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
It would be very foolish to modify a stock 930 when you can buy already modded ones for a fraction of the price of a stock car, cash in on the stock 930 and buy the modded 930 you want.
Pocket the deference or spend the extra $$$ on hookers and blow if your like Ronnie. Or maybe modify the already modded car to your taste with the extra money.

I do not really consider a few bolt on parts (muffler, wheels, air filter, etc.) modifying a car because of the easily reversibility of it.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficke View Post
. . . or spend the extra $$$ on hookers and blow if your like Ronnie.
And a/c components and tools, too, IckyFicke!

Speaking of which, would the purist consider a highly modified a/c system to be a negative worth a price reduction (even though none of the components are immediately visible)? Would that type person say "the air conditioning works too well, therefore, I will offer you $10K less, since I will not get swamp ass while driving to cars and coffee twice yearly"?!?!?
Old 10-19-2016, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
ficke, Good point. This car immediately came to mind. I wish it was for sale when I purchased mine.

1979 Porsche Turbo 930
Old 10-19-2016, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
aka 'vageen'

Garage
I have a stock Turbo Carrera and a Hot Rod 86 930S... best of both worlds... oh and a 77 911 track rat so I have that world covered too...
Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 10-19-2016, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
And a/c components and tools, too, IckyFicke!

Speaking of which, would the purist consider a highly modified a/c system to be a negative worth a price reduction (even though none of the components are immediately visible)? Would that type person say "the air conditioning works too well, therefore, I will offer you $10K less, since I will not get swamp ass while driving to cars and coffee twice yearly"?!?!?
I wonder what purist might think of working ( which would be obviously modified) A/C in a 930? interesting question.
I had a 1970 B.B. 4-speed Corvette I did the body on years a go and showed it (I do not show cars anymore), besides the annoying "I had one just like it" comments from people who had S.B. autos Corvettes and the unasked for advice from random strangers on what was 'wrong' with my car, when it was judged I was docked points for having to straight/nice door gapes!!
So yes, maybe a purists would knock your car for having working A/C.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979-930 View Post
ficke, Good point. This car immediately came to mind. I wish it was for sale when I purchased mine.

1979 Porsche Turbo 930
Interesting, If your car is well sorted by now and you like it, it would be hard to part with.
But if yours is fairly stock and you really wanted a modded car you could sell yours for a healthy gain over the price of that car, buy this one or one like it and use the extra $ some where else.
Although modded cars tend to need more $ to keep running and most of them need sorting to make drivers out of them.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

MODIFY your 930 or NOT

Mods that are period correct, Andail,Ruf,Kremer.

I have recently purchased Automotion catalogs that span from 1981 to 1990.

They depict many period correct mods of the 1980s. I would be happy to scan these for the benefit of those wanting period mods.

I have a NOS Blaupunkt 3000H with Amp still in the boxes. I am temped to install this really cool 1980s stereo to my 79 930.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93097004xx View Post
Mods that are period correct, Andail,Ruf,Kremer.

I have recently purchased Automotion catalogs that span from 1981 to 1990.

They depict many period correct mods of the 1980s. I would be happy to scan these for the benefit of those wanting period mods.
Electronic fuel injection was in use by Porsche, and many other auto manufactures, during that time frame, so even EFI is a period correct mod.

Ficke - that aspect of the car show world has always made me point-n-laugh; no wonder you don't do them any longer!

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 10-20-2016 at 07:19 AM..
Old 10-20-2016, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

MODIFY your 930 or NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
Electronic fuel injection was in use by Porsche, and many other auto manufactures, during that time frame, so even EFI is a period correct mod.

Ficke - that aspect of the car show world has always made me point-n-laugh; no wonder you don't do them any longer!

I have never seen EFI on any 930 of the 1980s. Maybe Andail and Kremer could have pulled this off.

I'm going to say that EFI is not a period correct mod as you just never saw 930s back in the 80s running EFI.

Hey if you want to run EFI cool. It's your car. It will affect resale value greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

So "correct" is what you say it is, based on magazine articles from back in the day, and not what was actually period available? Weird!

The funny thing about this thread is it is simply the OP (JerryS/Mark) up to his old tricks again; "drive by" thread start, which he will not participate in again (unless he does now, in retort), of a topic that will stir people up, in order to hopefully get more hits on his youtube page.

Last edited by Rawknees'Turbo; 10-20-2016 at 07:33 AM..
Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Pretty silly question given the crowd. Although Ronnie dreams of someday bringing his back to stock, none of the regular posters here (at least that I can think of) have bone stock cars. Mark's may be the closest but, somehow I get the feeling that wont last long
My car was far from stock when I bought it, twist wheels, ridiculously heavy seats, after market steering wheel, headers, bumper, stereo etc, etc. The only thing I kept was the B&B headers. Not long after I bought it I started sourcing the missing stock parts, most of which are mothballed. I continue to do so. However, I draw the line at the emissions crap. I cant bring myself to spend my hard $ on that junk. I cant ever see selling my car, but if I do I have most of the parts needed to bring it back to stock. Problem is, I've taken so much crap off the car I'm running out of storage space.
I bought my car to have fun with it , and modding it is fun for me. I decided along time ago that I'm not going to let dollar signs get in the way of that. I suspect that's the way most here feel.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Stock or not? I wish I had a dollar for every time that is asked. With that said, it's your car and your hobby. If your hobby is polishing your shift knob() and leaving well enough alone that is you prerogative ...for the rest of us, we enjoy making our vision of what a 930 means to us come true. Some mods may be better than others but in the end...it's your car..do with it as you see fit.

From my personal experience I've not only enjoyed making my vision come true but have met so many great people in the process. Had my car been stock, I doubt I would have met (and learned) so much.....I mean, how many conversations can one have about wax?
Old 10-20-2016, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
. . . I mean, how many conversations can one have about wax?
That's depends on what yer "waxing", Rey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkabush View Post
PAlthough Ronnie dreams of someday bringing his back to stock . . .
Only when I'm not dreaming of you, Bro!
Old 10-20-2016, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkabush View Post
Although Ronnie dreams of someday bringing his back to stock.
Hey PK, watch who you're calling "Ronnie"!!! That stupid son of a b**** got 86'd from this forum for behavior, unbecoming! Our Rawknee's is an angel by any comparison...

Last edited by icemann427; 10-20-2016 at 06:20 PM..
Old 10-20-2016, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

IcyHotness, I'm doing my best to live DOWN to the low bar that dude established - gimmie some time!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Registered

^^^

Last edited by icemann427; 10-20-2016 at 06:38 PM..
Old 10-20-2016, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

I'm in love (aka - I'd hit dat')!!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
^^^

Wow, that car is tight as a drum. Notice no oil stains on her pointy-parts.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
.....I mean, how many conversations can one have about wax?
Good point! It's like "hey man, I love your 930. Mine's just like it...wanna race?" Individuality doesn't shine there.
Doesn't Porsche make a special 930 go-fast wax? Or would that be considered a mod?

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: