Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Modifying 930 to the c2 BOV setup small problem...

Need some help chaps, working on converting my 930 to use the C2 bypass elbow with a BOV to delete the awful emission system unit from the original setup.

Problem is, I need a connector that is NOT the LUDICROUSLY priced (and ricer red) 350 dollar Fabspeed piece.

I am modifying this to work with my short-neck Garretson intercooler, which I love.

Here is the space I gotta bridge....

In addition, the modified short neck adapter I have was threaded for something I am not aware of. I need a smaller alternative to the factory boost gauge sender. Any ideas??

Last edited by Groovie Ghoulie; 10-26-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Old 10-26-2017, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
If I remember correctly, the turbo inlet pipe is 2.75" and the silicone elbow is 3"? If so, I would use a 2.75" to 3" silicone coupler, and then a 3" intake pipe. Both available cheap online. I used to have a similar setup, except a filter instead of the elbow since mine is efi.
Ducati 748R
Old 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

I imagine that one of those threaded bosses was meant for the overboost switch and the other for the boost gauge sending unit, and if the fittings are not the right size, you might be able to find adapters that will work at Ace hardware (the one by me has an incredible selection of such things) or at a local hydraulic shop.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

I went to a local machinist who made that needed connector out of aluminum for me. It was fluted so each end was the exact dimension that was needed. It cost me $50 many years ago. Maybe you could find somebody to do it for something reasonable, now, if you don't like the option offered above.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Having a bit machined in aluminum was something I was considering actually. as far as an adapter for the boost sender, good idea. I was just wondering if there were commercially available options that were not priced like solid platinum before I started shopping that route.

I will update with how my search tomorrow goes.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Think I have the pc you need, I'll send info tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
I went to a local machinist who made that needed connector out of aluminum for me. It was fluted so each end was the exact dimension that was needed. It cost me $50 many years ago. Maybe you could find somebody to do it for something reasonable, now, if you don't like the option offered above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovie Ghoulie View Post
Having a bit machined in aluminum was something I was considering actually. as far as an adapter for the boost sender, good idea. I was just wondering if there were commercially available options that were not priced like solid platinum before I started shopping that route.

I will update with how my search tomorrow goes.
The intake bypass tube -- we make those, used in our Longneck Intercooler packages. Fits the C2T BOV elbow hose, and at the other end you reuse the factory 2.75" hose. Aluminum, with a bead roll at each end. $85 + shipping.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 10-26-2017, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Chris: I will be in touch via email. that sounds very reasonable.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovie Ghoulie View Post
.... converting my 930 to use the C2 bypass elbow with a BOV to delete the awful emission system unit from the original setup.
If I could tap into this thread of knowledge -- could you explain the advantages of using the C2 bypass with BOV? It sounds like this is a common-enough modification and must be for good reason.
Thanks.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Steve, if you cut up your OEM BOV then you still have the part that bridges the gap. I modified that part as well and used it. There is a boss that mounts the intercooler on that part which is very handy.

The 965BOV mod cleans up the engine bay nicely and is much smaller and simpler than the big ol' clunky 930 unit. Also allows you to put in whatever type BOV you want with different spring rates if desired.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Steve, if you cut up your OEM BOV then you still have the part that bridges the gap. I modified that part as well and used it. There is a boss that mounts the intercooler on that part which is very handy.

The 965BOV mod cleans up the engine bay nicely and is much smaller and simpler than the big ol' clunky 930 unit. Also allows you to put in whatever type BOV you want with different spring rates if desired.
Thx.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post

How did you seal off the open portion? I understand that is magnesium, and I have a hard enough time finding an aluminum welder around here, much less magnesium.

Plus the intercooler mount when the piece is cut away from the body, is no longer mounted securely, and the intake pipe now holds the intercooler. I have a different way to support the intercooler already.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: