Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Peeing further counts most.

Just haveing sensors dosen't make them WORK properly. There are a lot of fine points when it comes to sensors. Two systems, using exactly the same sensors, can work entirely differen't. Details count, a lot. As far as a good component, vs a bad one, you cannot tell by looking, they could even be the exact same component. If used properly they will work indefinately, if used improperly, they burn up overnight. It only makes sense if you KNOW what you are looking at. A 13 inch set of brembo brakes looks impressive, is impressive. If you use it on a 1900lb Honda, killer performance, on a 4500lb BMW, sucky performance. But they still look impressive.

Just like a good SPS rod bolt, vs an ARP rod bolt. You can't tell by looking that the SPS bolt is 40 percent stronger, and by the hype, you would think the ARP one would be better. A $25 bolt vs a $5 bolt. A real good $600 dollar forged piston looks exactly like a $5 cast piston.

An engine good for racing cost $30k up, an engine that looks exactly like it $500 for street use.

Your get what you pay for. That simple. Prices are NOT linear.

Last edited by snowman; 04-10-2006 at 08:33 PM..
Old 04-10-2006, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #321 (permalink)

farther not further.

Peeing farther counts.

Sorry, my wife was an English major which makes her ultimately more qualified to attest to the intracacies of electronic fuel injection computers. While she agrees that MS is a gamble on the owner's abilities to assemble and manage the system, she also notes that some get it to work. Work well?! Who knows. Certainly there are more than a few that have cars running with MS. Is it as easy as slapping on an electromotive kit - no. Is it as reliable - maybe yes or no. Although the threads on the Tec3R are less than gratifying over the last year. The dudes running MS are grinning wide that it cost next to nothing when compared to Motec, but they don't have motec performance either.

Lets all be kind and end this so I stop getting emails about a recent update to this thread that really is just a few people that are too stuborn to recognize the valid points of others. We only seem to be recognizing the completely invalid points of others. That kind of action is what starts Jihads.

Snowman, 1fastredsc, do you guys want to start a Jihad?

I thought not because in America, we solve Jihad problems with Tritonal.

1980 911SC Targa - Sold
1972 914 - Sold
Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #322 (permalink)
Banned

So dO I get the last word?? If not, forget it. He who dies with the last word wins.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #323 (permalink)

Jihad it is then.

1980 911SC Targa - Sold
1972 914 - Sold
Old 04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #324 (permalink)

I don't want everyone else to start the "yes i can.. no you can't" stuff up again so i'll say this very quietly...
hey 350hp930... whats going on with the car?? any updates / pics?
'10 Forester X Special Edition
Old 08-17-2006, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #325 (permalink)

Looking good my man,
Old 08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #326 (permalink)

Hey,
Any updates for the end of the year?
'10 Forester X Special Edition
Old 12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #327 (permalink)
never ending projects

M.I.A.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #328 (permalink)
Registered

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
what ever happened to this project ?
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #329 (permalink)

Garage
Woman and new career........
Old 03-22-2008, 10:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #330 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
And who in the commercial world has ever done a FEMA analysis? I will give you a clue it means Failure Effects and Modes Analysis.
Ahem...Snowman, it's FMEA, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 03-24-2008, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #331 (permalink)
Banned

Only if you call it FMEA and not FEMA.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #332 (permalink)

Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
Ahem...Snowman, it's FMEA, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
Quote:
Only if you call it FMEA and not FEMA.
Quote:
Peeing further counts most........

Your get what you pay for. That simple. Prices are NOT linear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother View Post
farther not further.

Peeing farther counts...........

I thought not because in America, we solve Jihad problems with Tritonal.
Quote:
So dO I get the last word?? If not, forget it. He who dies with the last word wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother View Post
Jihad it is then.

Let's vote on this one.....Lethal Injection for this thread.
Let's end its suffering and misery.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #333 (permalink)

Red face I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
Hey,
Any updates for the end of the year?
Well sort of, lol. Certainly had a few interesting distractions as of late as the languishing project kinda gives away.

Some of the better distractions are well documented on my myspace page, lol . .

http://myspace.com/tonyrawson

I was actually getting ready to get back into my project a few months ago since my life has finally stabilized, I've got some $$$ to burn in the bank and I was jonesing for some extreme acceleration.

Fate can be fickle though. Right as I'm starting to prepare all my porsche goodies for reassembly my daily driver, a Volvo 740 wagon, bites the dust on me so it was time to use some of that project money to get a replacement. Thats where my other distraction kicked in, my new S60R. Not bad for a family wagon I must admit. 300 horses, all wheel drive, active suspension, big brembos all the way around, lol.

Rather peppy I must admit but in a the next few months once I save up some more moola I will certainly be restarting my project. I'm also glad my daughter is now old enough to help me out so it will be a good bonding activity for us and she can also start learning some advance wrench turning skills, lol.

Sorry to leave you all hanging for so long but as you can see I've had a lot of distractions and live changes to deal with but I'm happy to say that life has certainly been treating me damn well lately.

Currently on the fence about the EFI solution and who to go to to get the head and cylinders fly cut and possibly even ringed so let the debate re-begin, lol.

Holy ****, I see this is still the most popular thread on the engine forum ever, lol. The suspense must have been killing everyone.

Last edited by 350HP930; 06-19-2008 at 01:37 PM..
Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #334 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: