Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by snowman

LIFE IS JUST TO SHORT TO DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF!!!
Obie-Juan,
Chill out! It's called a hobby! Let us enjoy the fruits of our labor because we did it and did it well! We took the road less traveled because we chose to.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-16-2005, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by snowman
Well the latest 2 were Electromotive systems. They work well. Others I have long forgotten but there were several and they were very unreliable.
Mmmmkaaay...you installed two Electromotive systems and several unreliable others you don't remember?

It would be very interesting to hear which "others" you installed and what problems you run into.

And yes please, do get technical. I developed analog electronics for living a while ago so I hope I should be able to understand what you talk about...

Which software did you use, how did you map your Electromotive systems, what happened with "unreliable" ones...I'm eager to know.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #282 (permalink)
Banned

Even If I dig out the bloddy details you won't be satisfied, another thing I have learned along the way, so I am officially "forgetting it", say what you will. Those who have been there and done that understand. Those that haven't may, someday. Electromotive and other advanced systems have easy to use "mapping" software. No need to learn C, C++, basic, Unix, fortran, cobol or some real computer language. The less than desirable ones leave you to machine code your way thu specific processors, using no known "real" programming tools. Hit and miss , fill in the matrix code. Then theres the mismatched parts problem, with drivers, driving parts that they cannot drive, at least and live long,in other words interface hell. Then theres the working environment, near mil spec, -55C to +125C or more, humidity, vibration, sand and dust, and on and on. Most of these so called systems cannot work outside the lab. And reliability, whats that?? FEMA whats that?? All real considerations for any real automotive app. Say it dosen't apply? Say again after you are stranded by your auto electronics. The unreliable ones are in the JUNK pile. Why have I fogot them? No need to remember them.

Last edited by snowman; 08-16-2005 at 06:19 PM..
Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Whew! Are you dating yourself!
I'm an automotive embedded software development engineer and I believe the term you're looking for is "extreme temp" processors. I have looked at a lot of literature on the EFI modules coming out and none of them require any programming knowledge. The parts have been out there for years for the automotive environment and the costs have dropped accordingly. I think if you also read some of the backgrounds on the designers of these systems, you'll find they are Automotive engineers with extensive background experience on the systems they've designed.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #284 (permalink)

Garage
Jack, you are embarrassing yourself. It's obvious that you have no clue. Check your calender, it's 2005 not 1985.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #285 (permalink)
Banned

Exactly how am I dating myself?? Mentioning ancient systems of programming, but also mentioning newer ones, ie "easy to use" mapping software, ie no brains required software for auto buffs, or in my opinion user friendly software for non geeks to get what you want without learning greek. 1985 is pushing it back a couple of years, C is good for at least 1988. And the current systems still using machine code date back to what?? 1972?? Or for non micros, late 1940's.

Last edited by snowman; 08-18-2005 at 06:31 PM..
Old 08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)

Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Your ignorance on the subject is beyond comprehension. Go back to your carbs and points ignition and leave the software to people who know what they're talking about.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #287 (permalink)

Knock this crap off!

Don't ruin one of the better threads on this board with this tirade.

1980 911SC Targa - Sold
1972 914 - Sold
Old 08-18-2005, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #288 (permalink)

Garage
Amen.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #289 (permalink)

Bump.
Hey 350hp930, any news or updates?
Hows the job going?
'10 Forester X Special Edition
Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #290 (permalink)

man this thread is old I hope rebuilding my 930 doesnt take this long
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 01-09-2006, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #291 (permalink)
Banned

Me too. The crap is about "ignorance on the subject is beyond comprehension" Like explain it to me as I am very very dumb.
I have grown up with the earliest IBM machines and know how to program the latest micros, exactly where am I getting off this bandwagon??? Give me a fkin break.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #292 (permalink)

lol, I really need to update this thread. Sorry for laying low for so long guys, but to sum it up I have been focussing on a new career and women for the past few months.

Some of you guys can know how distracting that can be, but trust me, I have not given up on my ongoing project, just pushed it to the back burner for the meantime, that's all.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #293 (permalink)

Snowman, cool it. This stuff is old.

Back on track, eh (hopefully)? I'd be interested to read more too.

ianc

"I will tell you there is a big difference between driving money and driving blood, sweat and tears." - PorscheGuy79
Old 01-09-2006, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)

Garage
mmmm.....women......got any pics of her barrels?!!

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )
Old 01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry guys, I just get irritated when people are just discovering what the Military world and I have been doing for over 30 years, on a routine basis. Extended range processors? not if you have been in the "real" world its ALWAYS been -55C to +125C OPERATING. Many are discovering the "real" world as automotive apps drive the demand for cheap civilian electronics. Reliability is also being "rediscovered" here along with the routine derating requirements, and stress analysis, and rel calculations that go with it. The latest buzz words if extended range , blah blah are for the people who have not had to live with reality for a very long time, for the Mil spec crowd its whats required by mother nature and hasn't changed for a very long time.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #296 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry guys
You were good right up to here.

Now can we get on with the show please?

ianc

"I will tell you there is a big difference between driving money and driving blood, sweat and tears." - PorscheGuy79
Old 01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #297 (permalink)

Garage
what engine management you EFI guys using out there?
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Elecromotive TEC3r with their XDI ignition
Old 01-19-2006, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #299 (permalink)

Garage
hope to use SDS with ign control www.sdsefi.com

for flat sixes with twin spark its the EM4-6F model.

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )
Old 01-19-2006, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #300 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: