Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to jgarcia Send a message via Yahoo to jgarcia
Left Window won't go down at all

1st Post!!

Anyway, over the past couple of weeks, the driver's side window has stopped going down at times, whether trying to use the switch, or when the door is opened. Tonight, it stopped working all togehter, stuck in the fully closed position...so now when opening, closing the door it runs against the convertible top. When I try to use the switch, I can hear a clicking coming from the door.

So I've read some of the posts relating to window problems, and I've heard about the regulator and/or motor. Could this be the issue, or since it was a bit intermittent before, could it be a loose connection of some sort? And if so, do the instructions on taking the door panel for the 911SC (found one of the Pelican Technical Articles) apply for the Boxster? It's a 99 model, with door panel airbags.

Any insight would definitely be appreciated...

Cheers!

--Jairo
Old 03-30-2006, 06:07 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Welcome to the BBS,

Unfortuantely, it is usually not a loose connection. Your window regulator is most likely shot.

step 1: DISCONNECT BATTERY

Removing the door panel is nothing like a SC. In the long run, it is actually easier. If memory serves there are 4 screws and a few clips to undo to remove the panel.

Screws are located:

under the "airbag" logo
under the plastic cover for the inner door handle
under the small trim piece on the door pull handle
one in the door pocket

After those are removed, you will need to remove the light in the door and the power mirror controls

Then gently pry on the bottom of the door panel, the clips should release and the panel should lift off - BE CAREFUL there are wires and cables connected to the panel, You need to disconnect them after the panel is free

The airbag is held in my 4 M6 bolts - make sure the battery is disconnected. Do not, under ANY circumstances tamper with the airbag when the power is connected. Further, do not reconnect battery power with an airbag disconnected.

After that, removing the window regulator is pretty straight forward.

AFJ

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jgarcia Send a message via Yahoo to jgarcia
That did it! Just replaced the window regulator and it's working again...

Thank you!!

--Jairo
Old 04-01-2006, 02:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Old 04-01-2006, 02:36 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: