Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Debunk this... Cmdr. David Fravor

This is interesting...

Old 10-05-2019, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Watched the first half hour...like you said, interesting.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Can't debunk it..

Kind of makes all the problems this world has seem kind of puny. What ever it is has the power to turn off our power grid instanously. Literally be able to throw mankind back into the dark ages.

Thinking about UFOs and little Grey's has a kind of over there some where else surreal quality that seems unreal. That is until you come face to face with it being real. Then it becomes a reality that is full of unknown qualities which can cause a lot of fear and anxiety
Old 10-06-2019, 02:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Neat stuff. I'll have to listen to the Bob Lazar session too.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 10-06-2019, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Finally went back to watch the entire thing. I will say that I believe Cmdr. Fravor to be an entirely credible witness.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Lot's of discussion of the incident in question, as well as several other highly curious observations covered in the recent series, "Contact" on the Discovery channel. Should still be available on your provider of choice.

I find it a near certainty that we are not alone, but the physics of time and distance make me question why anything out there would expend the effort to visit a single blue dot in the corner of a very ordinary galaxy.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Brakr View Post
Lot's of discussion of the incident in question, as well as several other highly curious observations covered in the recent series, "Contact" on the Discovery channel. Should still be available on your provider of choice.

I find it a near certainty that we are not alone, but the physics of time and distance make me question why anything out there would expend the effort to visit a single blue dot in the corner of a very ordinary galaxy.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
That tic tac can scoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Neat stuff. I'll have to listen to the Bob Lazar session too.
I like Lazar. Comes off as very credible even with his sullied past. He simply does not embellish - same as Fravor.

From Wiki:
Lazar took electronics courses in the late 1970s at Pierce Junior College in Los Angeles. He also claims he earned a master's degree in physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and a master's degree in electronic technology from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech); however, there are no records of Lazar attending either MIT or Caltech. Furthermore, Lazar was not a member of any professional body. Lazar claims that his academic records were erased by authorities in an effort to discredit him.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

The ones I saw when I was flying for the Navy were different in terms of shape, but their performance was the same.

This was in 1987 before FLIR and other sensors. My crew and I told no one.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I can't debunk it, but I can't bunk it either. But there seem to be a lot of guys like Seahawk out there that I would totally trust as credible witnesses.

If they are watching us, I would have to assume they are looking for evidence of intelligent life.

Last edited by DanielDudley; 10-06-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

I watched the whole thing over several hours. Very interesting. I've always been open minded, but so many of the folks that report things come off as not being terribly credible. This guy came off as very credible.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 10-06-2019, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielDudley View Post
If they are watching us, I would have to assume they are looking for evidence of intelligent life.
Which is probably why they left me alone
Old 10-06-2019, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

The DOD admits that they have contact with UAP's. They have been the bastion of denial since 48. So if they are not credible then WHO IS credible?

This then leads one to believe that some of the other phenomena are true as well. For instance the Red Lights in the forest at the USAF base in the UK in the 80's, and the shut down of SAC ICBM missile silo in ND when a UAP hovered overhead in the late 60's.

Presidents Ford, Carter and Reagan all saw UFO's. Reagan even made a statement at a news conference, "That how puny would our problems be if we were being invaded from (Pointing upwards).

Then there is the "Interrupted Journey" chronicling the Betty and Barney Hill lost time abduction case in 1962. Before that nobody was claiming alien abduction.

Or the AZ Logger who was abducted for a week in the late 80's.

The truth is out there..

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 10-06-2019, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

In case anyone was curious about the Bob Lazar talk (I haven't watched any of this one, and have no idea how it comes across)

Old 10-06-2019, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I've also seen the Bob Lazar one... Again very compelling.

(Jeremy Corbell is a show boat.)
Old 10-06-2019, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
The ones I saw when I was flying for the Navy were different in terms of shape, but their performance was the same.

This was in 1987 before FLIR and other sensors. My crew and I told no one.
That's fantastic and I understand why you didn't tell anyone... How often did you see them?
Old 10-06-2019, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
That's fantastic and I understand why you didn't tell anyone... How often did you see them?
Just the one time. Do a search and you can find the two posts I wrote about the experience.

We all felt that trying to explain the fairly long experience sans evidence would have been deleterious to our keeping our flight quals
Old 10-06-2019, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
(Jeremy Corbell is a show boat.)
He pulls it off, but the hipster look did bug me a little. It's a tiny bit harder to take him seriously. Then some of the stuff that he was saying bugged me a little so I fast-forwarded through some of his stuff in the original video. Some of the stuff that he presented that got presented as hard facts bugged me. He comes across as someone who does a bunch of Internet research and then presents everything that they found as fact regardless of where it came from or how ridiculous it is. I remain "open minded (hopeful even) but skeptical" and when folks start presenting things as fact for things that we don't yet know or understand, my BS meter pegs.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

What if you had a crashed alien craft hidden in a barn?
What would the US government pay to take it off your hands?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
What if you had a crashed alien craft hidden in a barn?
What would the US government pay to take it off your hands?
Jody said you could have if for 18m.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: