Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

^^^^good one.

Yep, get rest, plenty of fluids, the routine...and kick the virus in the ass!

Old 11-12-2020, 11:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Member Insulter

The fever broke last night and is running at my normal 97.7. Still a very mild head congestion but nothing significant in my chest. The cough is 99.9% gone and still no body aches to speak of. The slight mental fog is still there which I liken the same feeling as a head cold.

Again, I understand I've been one of the covid fortunates so far. The only reason I started this thread is to give you guys a day by day report of my experience. IMO, masks are a personal choice, but I always opt wear one when around others because I'm not a rocket surgeon and have no idea what works and what doesn't. It's a courteous thing to do plus I can pretend to be a bandit...

Today looks like a good day to mow the yard/leaves and start a new knife project. This one will be really different!
Old 11-13-2020, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Information Junky

Great to hear. Thanks for the updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche930dude View Post
I guess you dont wear a mask around people then
methinks that you don't understand the mask psychosis ... er, I mean mask story. It goes like this: I wear a mask to protect YOU. This has been the narrative for months. - this idea being that others wear masks so as to not spittle in someone else's eye.

Of course the reality is that this virus spreads even in OCD masked populations.

Seems that the only guard we've had against this virus is our long-evolving immune systems.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief... porsche930dud's attempt to mask-shame a fellow Pelican for getting the China virus. ..

This virus is tiny. It aerosolizes. It lives for days, if not weeks, on surfaces. No matter how much you visualize your leaky mask saving you, it won't.

porsche930dud, you should thank expat for self quarantining. You should thank him for giving us updates. Keep your insufficient OCD mask psychosis to yourself.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by island911 View Post
I'm still shaking my head in disbelief... porsche930dud's attempt to mask-shame a fellow Pelican for getting the China virus. ..

This virus is tiny. It aerosolizes. It lives for days, if not weeks, on surfaces. No matter how much you visualize your leaky mask saving you, it won't.

porsche930dud, you should thank expat for self quarantining. You should thank him for giving us updates. Keep your insufficient OCD mask psychosis to yourself.
Im finding reading the OPs report of his situation helpful, you jumping in with your comments , not !
Old 11-13-2020, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Dr. Island disagrees with Dr. Fauci, I see.

Thanks, Expat, for the reports. Very glad your experience was merciful. Love the knives!
Old 11-13-2020, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Unregistered

Fauci is a biased clown and a political pawn.
Bought and paid for.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Old 11-13-2020, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Registered

Not so lucky on round 2.
https://theknow.**********.com/2020/11/13/john-elliott-death-covid19-streets-denver/248786/
Old 11-13-2020, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Unregistered

Nice link.

BTW, John Elliott was suffering from pancreatic cancer, more often than not a terminal illness.
But, ACCORDING TO HIS FRIENDS, it was the wuhan flu and NOT the terminal illness that killed him.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Dad View Post
Im finding reading the OPs report of his situation helpful, you jumping in with your comments , not !
and how would you assess your contribution to this thread?

Take your time. Think about what you feel makes comments worthless.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 5 evening update - Fever went up to 99.2 once early afternoon but dropped back into mid 98's a short time later. It's been stable since. Head congestion is slightly worse but nothing to report with lungs of chest. I took a nasal decongestant and that helped.

Got the yard mowed, trimmed and blown this morning with no issues. My energy level may be slightly lower than normal but certainly not enough to get in front of the physical activities I want to do.

Tomorrow is either clean garage, patch/paint prep walls inside house or dig out/chop out a stump in back yard. I love a really sharp axe!
Old 11-13-2020, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Registered

Are you checking your pulse ox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriot98 View Post
Day 5 evening update - Fever went up to 99.2 once early afternoon but dropped back into mid 98's a short time later. It's been stable since. Head congestion is slightly worse but nothing to report with lungs of chest. I took a nasal decongestant and that helped.

Got the yard mowed, trimmed and blown this morning with no issues. My energy level may be slightly lower than normal but certainly not enough to get in front of the physical activities I want to do.

Tomorrow is either clean garage, patch/paint prep walls inside house or dig out/chop out a stump in back yard. I love a really sharp axe!
Old 11-13-2020, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by group911@aol.co View Post
Are you checking your pulse ox?
No - don't have the equipment.

edit - they're $20 on Amazon. ordered. Thanks

Last edited by expatriot98; 11-13-2020 at 06:01 PM..
Old 11-13-2020, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Registered

Beg borrow or steal a simple little pulse oximeter. One of the most important things you can watch really.
Quote:

Old 11-13-2020, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Registered

If it turns out they are out of them- as they were for quite a while- let me know and I can overnight one.
Quote:

Old 11-13-2020, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by group911@aol.co View Post
If it turns out they are out of them- as they were for quite a while- let me know and I can overnight one.
Thank you - they seem to have a good stock. It's supposed to ship overnight and be here early morning. Thanks for the suggestion and massive thank you for the offer.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Registered

When you take your readings, leave it on your finger for a minute or two to get the most accurate one. The initial one always seems to be high on me then settles down to reality.
They told me to start being concerned when you get below 90.
You'll get through it.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Member Insulter

O2 level @ 96% 7:00 AM day 6 per new pulse ox reader. Temperature is normal with no new or change in symptoms.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Glad you seem to be doing well. Weird the way it seems to affect people so differently even when age and health records are the same. Good that you are keeping busy but be careful not to over exert yourself the body needs rest to recover. On a side note my trusty cocobolo nightstick was always my favorite tool to carry when on my foot post. You gave me a great idea on re purposing it.

Old 11-14-2020, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: