Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Don't forget to rest.

The knives are looking great. Love the styling.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Glad you are on the mend.

Covid, we are learning, is a weird disease. The obvious risk factors like age and certain underlying conditions were figured out pretty quickly, but those don’t seem to explain why two people, seemingly similarly situated, can have very different outcomes. The initial “dose” is believed to be factor. Researchers are also starting to find genetic characteristics (of the infected person) that seem to make a big difference. But I don’t think those are understood yet nor is the typical doctor’s office is able to screen for them.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 4 - a little more congestion and fever came up a little. It's currently 99.5. Otherwise, no body aches or shortness of breath. I'm reading that day 5 sometimes is a turning point to go south. So far though, it's been a non event. More later.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

fingers crossed for you here...
Old 11-12-2020, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Thanks for the update. Keep ‘me coming.
We’re pulling for you!

Friggin’ sweet knives. Did I miss a thread about you making knives?
Old 11-12-2020, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriot98 View Post
Day 3 the cough mostly gone and replaced by minor congestion and runny nose. Seems to be a very slight fog like a cold or flu but no fever.
You do more while sick than many do while feeling healthy.

Kudos to you.
George, Architect
Old 11-12-2020, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
i know a healthy bad mofo..el paso policeman.

he got and felt like a bad flu was about to run him over..then it wasnt at all like a bad flu and he woke up in the ER with oxygen being pumped into him. i think he is okay, last i checked..but he cant even do normal exertion without needing a nap.

i want to go down with this with the lucky ones. to the powers that be..i promise not to diminish the fact that the virus kicks the ass of some people.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDavis View Post
Thanks for the update. Keep ‘me coming.
We’re pulling for you!

Friggin’ sweet knives. Did I miss a thread about you making knives?
Thanks Don - knives are a new/old hobby. I recently left the food service business and semi retired. I was always intrigued by sharpening methods. Decided to try my hand at adding/shaping scales to premade, pre heat-treated blanks and have discovered it's very enjoyable.

I want to get some steel bar and a couple more pieces of equipment to try my hand at making the blades.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
i know a healthy bad mofo..el paso policeman.

he got and felt like a bad flu was about to run him over..then it wasnt at all like a bad flu and he woke up in the ER with oxygen being pumped into him. i think he is okay, last i checked..but he cant even do normal exertion without needing a nap.

i want to go down with this with the lucky ones. to the powers that be..i promise not to diminish the fact that the virus kicks the ass of some people.
I've certainly been lucky so far but the potential for this to go south hasn't escaped me. Not knowing is scary but there's nothing else I can do except take the vitamins and pray.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
You do more while sick than many do while feeling healthy.

Kudos to you.
Thanks man!
Old 11-12-2020, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

In the meanwhile...here's some really pretty cocobolo eye candy...can't buy it here in Oregon...

https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/new-pfd-wrapless-full-splice-john-davis-long-splice.522241/
Old 11-12-2020, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
So how did you get it?
Old 11-12-2020, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche930dude View Post
So how did you get it?
I'm not aware of anyone I've been around that came up positive but that doesn't mean anything. Had I not had a temperature on Monday morning, I may have dismissed this was as fall allergies. I suspect there are a lot of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic carriers who are contagious.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Information Junky

Did ya order a Juice Loosener from China?

Old 11-12-2020, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
I'm not aware of anyone I've been around that came up positive but that doesn't mean anything. Had I not had a temperature on Monday morning, I may have dismissed this was as fall allergies. I suspect there are a lot of asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic carriers who are contagious.
I guess you dont wear a mask around people then
Old 11-12-2020, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Masks help reduce spread but certainly not fail safe.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:

Your assumption is incorrect.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Masks help reduce spread but certainly not fail safe.
This virus laughs at your puny masks.

This State (WA) has been beyond OCD on mask wearing.

And... the virus doesn't care. - it's coming back strong.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
So far though, it's been a non event. More later.
Glad to hear it bud. Get better. Nice stabby-thing handles BTW.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
I think your avatar needs updating to something more appropriate:

Carry on.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: