Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Information Junky

Fantastic news, expat.

And now you have immunity, and won't need to make any decisions about getting the Trump Warp-speed vaccine.

Old 11-14-2020, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by group911@aol.co View Post
They told me to start being concerned when you get below 90.
You'll get through it.
@below 90..
someone had better be on the phone..
the other will feel like a fish out of water..

Rika
Old 11-14-2020, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by island911 View Post
Fantastic news, expat.

And now you have immunity, and won't need to make any decisions about getting the Trump Warp-speed vaccine.
Just keeping fingers crossed the trend continues! thx
Old 11-14-2020, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 6 evening update - temp up and down. Max was 99.5 but generally hanging in mid 98's. I may have overdone physical work today - was up and down a ladder for a couple hours and worked up a good sweat. I'll go slower tomorrow. O2 Sat level 95 - 99% range.

Other symptoms about the same except... sense of smell and taste. I thought i noticed yesterday that some things were bland tasting but it didn't register. Most of my meals are from the meal prep biz I used to develop recipes for. The one I ate tonight was one of the last recipes I did so I'm very familiar with the flavors and it was really bland. I love food and trying new healthy things so I hope this dissipates quickly!
Old 11-14-2020, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriot98 View Post
O2 level @ 96% 7:00 AM day 6 per new pulse ox reader. Temperature is normal with no new or change in symptoms.
Thankyou for detailing your symptoms & observations.

I am finding this very informative.

Hope you get over it soon
Old 11-14-2020, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Banned

Becareful with the inexpensive oximeters (ie made in China), they can read incorrectly. ... The problem with CV19 is that it likes to keep coming back at you. People will start to feel good one day, then hit the wall the next, then feel good again. Symptoms cycle. "Normally", the second week is the rough one for people having a difficult time. Week three the virus burns out. But again, everyone is different ...

Lee
Old 11-14-2020, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Nice guy eddie

Garage
As much as you might be anxious to get things done around the house, you need to really rest and let your body fight the virus. I've had colds and other coronaviruses that hung on like crazy...kept coming back for weeks...but they were not as potentially dangerous as this one.

My sister had it earlier this year in Italy, where she lives. It hung on for a couple weeks but luckily never got real bad. Cousins had it worse and also hung on for weeks with ups and downs. It's a nasty one but try to remember that the vast majority of people recover, you don't want to be part of the other percentage. Rest and drink lots of liquids, even if you feel sort of OK.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 7 AM - fever stayed in normal range over night and this morning. O2 still @ 97/98% and head congestion seems to be clearing and loss fog.

Lee - I realize the pulse oximeter I got may not be as accurate as higher quality units. I'm using it to look for changes. I hope it's accurate enough for that.

Denis - I'm glad your sister came through it - how is the covid thing in Italy now? I think I did overdo yesterday, Taking a quiet day today. thx
Old 11-15-2020, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Oh yeah - the loss of taste really, really sucks!!!
Old 11-15-2020, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 8 AM - All normal save for slight head congestion and sense of taste and smell although I'm tasting salty flavors a bit more.

Wednesday will be the 10th day and guidelines say if no fever for the 24 hours of and no other symptoms, I can get out again!
Old 11-16-2020, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Registered

Following the updates...may your tastebuds return to normal. Otherwise, I'll consider it good news.

Oregon Governor seems to now prefer the term "freeze" over "shutdown". Gotta love politicians...anyway, following her California and Washington buddies.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
i am absolutely THANKFUL i am shutting in for turkey day. no annual family meltdown this year!!!

"i'd love to see you mom, but Covid just makes it impossible....yada yada yada..hell, i am not even sure i can CALL you on thanksgiving mom. i'll be drunk from happi..eerrr..sadness of not seeing you"

feel better OP. loss of taste and smell would suck.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Information Junky

Yeah... I expect that this will be the last that my family has a particular mother/sister/grand mother. - Cancer that doesn't care about wishes of politicians, neither do I.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Great updates and thanks as well.

Hang in there and keep moving.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 9 AM - No acetaminophen for 26 hours and temperature is stable in mid 98's. Still have some head congestion but it's not bad. Sense of taste and smell still haven't returned yet.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Day 10 - Last day to quarantine! The only remaining symptoms are the senses of taste and smell. And I can live with that. Tomorrow is back to normal!!!

As I wrote before, with so much suffering and loss from this virus, I've been very fortunate. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones or have long(er) term health issues from this. Thanks again for the well wishes expressed here. I heard them all.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
UnRegistered User

Garage
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Thanks for reporting your experience.
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Used User

Here's hoping that you taste and smell get back to normal or close to normal function. I don't mean a pun here but life would be bland w/o T & S. Glad you're OK otherwise!
Old 11-18-2020, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Great news!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
aka 'vageen'

Garage
Great news!

Yoosta have: 90 C4 Targa, 87 944, 73 911 ChumpCar endurance racer - featured in May-June & July-Aug 2016 Classic Porsche
Old 11-18-2020, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: