Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Member Insulter

Days one and two of Corona bug

Woke up early yesterday morning (Monday) and felt slightly feverish - it was 100.1. I'd had a slight cough for a few days but had seen doc earlier last week and he thought it was allergies. Got the rapid test at noon and came back positive - damn. Doc said quarantine for 10 days but call them if it started changing. Fever normal all day yesterday. Slight cough last night.

I was able to slept well. This morning (Tues) no fever or symptoms other than minor cough hanging on. Started taking zinc, C, D3 and NAC today.

Spent the day in the shop finishing one knife project and starting the next.

No fever this afternoon/evening, not much of a cough, very minor runny nose. Updates tomorrow. Food tastes normal and my dog needs a bath.

Old 11-10-2020, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Your age? Doesn't sound as serious (so far) as the press wpuld like us to believe.
Thanks for keeping us updated, and may the symptoms remain minor until the virus leaves you.

(edit) Beautiful knife work!
Old 11-10-2020, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Thanks Paul - 64 years young
Old 11-10-2020, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
drunk and stupid

In may, my mother started having symptoms and tested positive. Her doc urged me to get tested as well. I tested positive and never noticed symptoms (other than the stir crazy and financial drain of not leaving home for 2 weeks).
She recovered without a problem....until August. She started having weird symptoms and ended up in a cardiac care unit for 2 weeks, testing positive and negative intermittently. Still not out of the woods, but a lot better.

Its weird how some people can be basically asymptomatic while others get hammered. I credit the absolutely absurd amounts of nicotine and caffeine I out in my body.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
weekend wOrrier

Sorry to hear...hope all goes relatively smooth.

not to derail- is that bocote wood on the (new) handle? looks lovely!

Last edited by LEAKYSEALS951; 11-10-2020 at 04:26 PM..
Old 11-10-2020, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAKYSEALS951 View Post
Sorry to hear...hope all goes relatively smooth.

not to derail- is that bocote wood on the handle? looks lovely!
Good eye - Bocote on the first and cocobolo on the second. Thanks
Old 11-10-2020, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

weekend wOrrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriot98 View Post
Good eye - Bocote on the first and cocobolo on the second. Thanks
LOL- I got them reversed! Love Cocobolo as well! Hell, the cocobolo dust probably has you coughing~ ! get well soon!
Old 11-10-2020, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Information Junky

"...and my dog needs a bath." you nose it. - that's a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Your age? Doesn't sound as serious (so far) as the press wpuld like us to believe.
Thanks for keeping us updated, and may the symptoms remain minor until the virus leaves you.

mega dittos
Old 11-10-2020, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Bacote and cocobolo..both woods used by cue makers. I have a cocobolo "merry widow"
(no inlay work on the butt or forearm, just the well finished wood. Linen wrap.) made by Jacoby cues.

Often find myself just staring at the beautiful color and grain...
Old 11-10-2020, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Sub’d
Nice knives.
Get well, keep us updated.
Godspeed, my friend.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Take care of yourself and stay well. I've been under the weather the last couple days, feels like the plain old allergies/cold/flu but I might get tested tomorrow. Covid is extremely rampant in the U.S. right now, in cities and rural areas alike.

Hopefully it is losing strength as time goes by, like most viruses behave. Get better soon.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Went through it a couple weeks ago. Ugly cold. But not the end of the world.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post

Paul, from the beginning, it has really varied widely in terms of how sick people get, (or if they even get sick at all). Seems to really depend on how big of a dose you get which is why so many health care workers got seriously ill and/or died.

I have 3 cousins, an aunt and a sister who all got it earlier in the year and got pretty sick for quite a while. Other people barely get sick at all. Let's hope that expat is one of the later.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

First of all I was going to say "Put the knife away, it's not the answer."

Cool knife build. Beauty and functionality.

Wow, good health and/or genetics. And good luck with the rest of the recovery.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Hope you are better soon. My Wife's family had a death recently. Cousin's husband, only 50 years old.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Glad you’re in the mend!

What are symptoms of COVID? Seems like a lot of people are coming down with coughs, runny nose, headache, sore throat, etc. Myself included.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Take care of yourself & hope you don't end up with complications down the line. The longer this stuff hangs around, the more concerned (sort of) I become. I'm also wishing the rest of you the best of luck with respect to this virus.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Swift recovery!

Carrera '85
Old 11-10-2020, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Hope it stays mild for you. I had a fever for two days, got up to 102.5 for a bit. Dad was in the hospital for four days. Friend of the family lost his wife to it. Some people have issues for months and others don't notice a thing.

Joe, hope your mom comes out of it in good shape too.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Member Insulter

Thanks for the kind words!

Day 3 the cough mostly gone and replaced by minor congestion and runny nose. Seems to be a very slight fog like a cold or flu but no fever.

The good news - my brother brought by cookies, soup and ice cream!

7 more days of quarantine unless something goes off track.

I finished a second knife project this morning. Need to get some more blanks. Maybe a Damascus hunter or skinner will be next.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: