Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 3.69 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl View Post
Tell me more about the lobster sauce!
PM sent!

Old 01-02-2011, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Homemade clam chowder a couple nights ago while on vacation on the Mendocino coast.

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 01-02-2011, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Micro Prime Rib
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Just had this - steamed Tilapia with spring onions, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce. Snow pea ends and marinated pork. My wife only buys live fish.

And my wife also picked up a snack for herself. I'm not a fan.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
i give, what did she get for herselF
2010 Toyota Prius Black for sale
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Chicken parts.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatelab View Post
tell me whats on those artichokes
Chris, they're stuffed with:

2 cups Italian bread crumbs (I use Pastene).
3/4 cup grated parmesan-romano
4 cloves of garlic minced
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil

cut off the stems to make a base, pull off outer leaves, cut top quarter off. spread leaves, drizzle a little EVOO in, mix all other ingredients, pack them into the leaves. drizzle with EVOO now and again. Bake at 350 for 90 minutes in 1/2 water, foiled, basting every 20 minutes.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Pulled pork loin 12 hours in the crock pot with black beans, onions, bacon, garlic, cumin and cinnamon. Ripe avocado and fresh salsa bread pudding.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
This:

Done like this:

Sandhill Crane breasts
1 Can of ring pineapple
1 bottle of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Bell Pepper
1 Onion
1 Pack of whole mushrooms
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
Salt, pepper & Tony Chachere’s seasonings

First, breast out the bird from the breast bone and thoroughly clean accordingly. Once washed, slice the breasts in 1″, or slightly larger, pieces so that they will fit on a skewer. Place them in a container (that can be sealed). Open can of pineapple and pour the juice over the breast pieces. Save the pineapple rings in the refrigerator for grilling. In an approximately equal amount to the pineapple juice, pour in the Worcestershire Sauce. Add garlic (if desired). Place the sealed container in the refrigerator and let marinate for 12 or more hours.

When ready to grill, cut up vegetables and skewer them k-bob style. I alternate each piece of breast meat with a different vegetable or pineapple piece. Grill until fully cooked with a warm red center. Sprinkle some cajun spice over em and chow down.
"If its worth doing...it's worth doing to excess"
Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
My uncle's Name Day lunch. 18kg Lamb on a spit. It's a Greek thing...

Shot on film... Leica M3, Leica DR Summicron... Kodak Pro BW400cn.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Been trying to learn basic bread. Big step for me as I don't bake.

First try. All purpose flour, 65% hydration, 450F on a stone.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Second try. Same flour, 68% hydration, 450F w/ stone and steam.

I'm trying to get bigger holes and a thin, crackly crust. Next try will be 75% hydration, more kneading, softer touch when shaping, shorter baking time.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Upside down BBQ chicken. Washed the chicken and put inside a polybag, half a bottle of Bulls Eye (no corn syrup) Hickory Smoke flavor. Coat and seal in fridge for the day, cook at 350 for 20-baste brush-20-baste brush-10-baste brush-30 minutes. last 30 sprinkled with raw sugar.

Notes:
Smoke flavor penetrated deep into the meat where no sauce came close.

Nearly fall off the bone for the dark meat. I think I'll go down to 300 and cook 20 minutes longer next time.

Upside down means the breast was crazy moist and super tasty. and the thighs got a lot of sauce.

BUT, you lose the breast skin. Back skin was excellent!

just ate half a 4 pound chicken and a baked potato. I'm stuffed!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
These aren't the luscious slow-cooked sort of ribs, but they were good and only took 45 min start to finish.

Pork ribs. Cut into four rib sections; heat oil in pressure cooker; brown ribs in oil; discard oil; add sake, rice vinegar, hoisin or soy sauce, star anise, garlic, pepper, onion; cover pressure cooker; bring to high pressure and cook for 15 min; release pressure, remove ribs; boil the liquid in the pressure cooker to reduce, for 15 minutes, then stir in some cornstarch; meanwhile, broil ribs in toaster oven, 5 min per side; assemble and serve to kids as evening snack.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Old 02-02-2011, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Lobster Bisque

3 lobster carcasses
1 bottle of Sauternes
4 shallots
3 stalks of celery
2 carrots
1 leek
1 bouquet garni
4 oz tomato paste
heavy cream
peanut oil

move the broken up lobster carcasses around over high heat to bring out flavor. watch the bottom of the pot, deglaze with water as needed. Add the rough chop of shallots, celery, carrots and leak. Keep over high heat deglazing with the wine as needed, the lower the heat and sweat the vegetables. Add in the wine, water to more than cover, bouquet garni and tomato paste.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
You don't add lobster meat? I've only made this once, I added the meat, and plenty of cream.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

you can use a claw as garnish but you don't need the meat for flavor. To my taste, the meat breaks up the velvety goodness of the bisque. I'll post the process tomorrow of getting it to the next level. just on simmer now.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Cool, looking forward to reading the rest. You're eating high on the hog for sure!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

and gaining tons of weight! can't keep up even with lifting and erging.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Vinyl pimp

Garage
When living in Hermosa Beach I used to buy catches off the boats. Can't get it much fresher.

Thresher Shark was common in those days before it got popular and the water temps changed and they moved away. The sauce I used was a modification of a recipe that was used at Tony's on the Redondo Beach Pier.

Equal parts mayo and either Dijon or Gulden's mustard. Mix them together, add garlic, raw onion and the special ingredient, cinnamon.

While grilling the Thresher steaks, have a foil full of the sauce on the side of the grill cooking along with the meat. Don't worry if the sauce gets a bit smokey and gets some crunchies.....when the steaks are about 90% done.....ad them in with the sauce. The final, late marinade gives it a nice flavor. Or just use it as a dip.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: