Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 3.69 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ribeye, broiled in preheated cast iron pan to 115F. Slice, truffle salt, melted butter.

Hey, great burgers! I want a burger now. Need to go have this post-steak heart attack first, be right back.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Seem to be out of capers. may make a pan reduction with some white wine and stock.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
needs more garlic
Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

while scrounging through the bin, old Chinese lady at the market today: "Food without garlic is nothing."

Some of that will be ground with white beans, basil, oo. most will just be eaten like candy.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Are you still beating your GF up w/ roast chicken recipes? Are you collecting a harem?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
some details on that chicken recipe, looks top notch
2010 Toyota Prius Black for sale
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl View Post
Are you still beating your GF up w/ roast chicken recipes? Are you collecting a harem?
We were kidding around the other day and the throwdown is back on. Since she loves lemons so much, I decided to taunt her last night. The best part of this dish is the drippings. tons of lemon and garlic flavor in the bottom of the dish. In the future, I'll add the wine to it while roasting, capers in the last 15 minutes. 1 hour 15 minutes at 400 seems to be perfect for a 4 lb chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatelab View Post
some details on that chicken recipe, looks top notch
Thanks, not much of a recipe, just one chicken stuffed with rough chop sweet onion and lemons, season chicken with S&P, lay on the lemon slices and surround with lemon, garlic heads and potatoes. Drizzle garlic heads with olive oil. add 1/4 inch of water and roast. As noted above, I'd add 2 cups of sweet white wine in the future. Great chicken flavor with Whole Foods chickens, super moist at 400 for 1.25 hours. note that the inside of the thighs may be a little pink which is fine by me.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 84 Targa View Post
sweet white wine
May I recommend a dry one, instead?

Try it with one onion, one lemon, no garlic, half a cup of white wine, the giblets in the pan and some fresh herbs/butter under the skin.

Less can be more...

JR
Old 02-25-2011, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Most dry wines work better, I agree. For this dish though, I was thinking a full, buttery chardonnay would work well as a counter. but I would definitely leave the (under) skin alone. if anything, I'd tuck some oiled basil leaves into the garlic heads 30 minutes before done, or thyme, or a caper paste smushed in.

I should have added how to eat this. Best done with fingers, tear off some thigh meat, squeeze out a garlic clove, a little lemon chunk and eat. Spoon up some of the sauce and it's heavenly. This could be top 3 chicken dishes I've ever made. The lemon and garlic are perfect.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
BTW folks - I made up an excess of garam* masala a couple of weeks ago, so if you are looking to propogate some (meaty) recipes... then in the immortal word of George W. Bush "bring 'em on"

* not to be confused with garum
Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

I'm going to India the first week of April. if anyone wants me to bring back spices and such, LMK.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Bacon Mushroom Cheeze Burger

Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
thats a big burger, 1.5 slices of american and cant even cover it-holy cow
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Ratatouille, pic during layering. Deviated from Julia's recipe, added top layer of cheese and breadcrumbs then broiled to brown.

Photobucket
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
I had trout tonight. Filleted, salted, fried skin down in butter and herbes de provence, medium heat, until the skin was brown. Then pour in a bit of sake, cover to steam. I wanted something sweet, so roasted some grapes for 5 minutes, pulsed in the food processor, and piled it on the fish. Looked kinda gruesome but turns out the tastes of trout, butter, sake, and sweet grapes go well together.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Problem is, I'm still hungry.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Garage
well some times ya gotta just starve

good lookin trout

we are having some sort of mardi gra party this weekend my wife just informed me

anybody have any boil recipes?
2016 BMW 328D wagon
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
You mean, recipes that involve boiling food? That's pretty broad . . . Narrow it down a bit maybe . . . Or you mean "boil" like "a lobster boil"?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Shrimp boil...
Crawfish boil..

You know, Cajun food...

JR
Old 03-04-2011, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Filet Mignon stuffed with Lobster wrapped in bacon. YUMMMMMM! The sides were, asparagus, twice baked potato, small salad... This was actually last Sunday's dinner I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
Used Up User

Garage
Last night: Sticky Chicken. Fall apart tender & great flavor (esp the skin).

Ian

----- “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein -----
Old 03-04-2011, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: