Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
The DOG thread

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912

Last edited by bugstrider; 02-24-2019 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-24-2019, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4701 (permalink)

Tired mutt...

Old 02-24-2019, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4702 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
GREAT story!

Estonians rescue wild wolf from ice thinking it was a dog

Kind-hearted Estonian workers rushed to rescue a dog in distress from a freezing river on Wednesday - unaware of the fact they were actually about to bundle a wild wolf into their car.

The men were working on the Sindi dam on the Parnu river when they spotted the animal trapped in the icy water.

After clearing a path through the ice, they took the frozen canine to a clinic for medical care.

Only then was it revealed they had been carrying a wolf.

The wolf recovered from its brush with death within the day and, after being fitted with a GPS collar by researchers from the national environmental agency, was released back into the wild.

"We are so happy for the outcome of the story, and wish to thank all the participants – especially these men who rescued the wolf and the doctors of the clinic who were not afraid to treat and nurture the wild animal," EUPA said.

Estonia is home to hundreds of wolves, only a handful of which have been collared in recent years. As a species, they usually avoid humans.

It was picked as Estonia's national animal last year by a group of nature organisations.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4703 (permalink)
Zink Racer

Snowball fight loser!

Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4704 (permalink)
Administrator

My good friends finally got their new puppy, Tacoma, last Friday! Went over Saturday morning to see him. He kept following me around and is the perfect lapdog.... so adorable. I want to keep him myself!!

Too many Miata's to count.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4705 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4706 (permalink)

I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
My first Golden, Penny, lived 17-1/2 years. She went everywhere with me. And I mean everywhere. Treated her like she was my guide dog. Nobody minded because she was trained as well as any guide dog. She even ignore everyone else and wouldn't even take treats from them unless I said, Okay. Used to fly R/C planes and she was the only dog the guys would let come to the flying field. She would lay a foot behind me while I was flying my plane. They said it was because of her invisible leash, but I think it was because she would fetch beers out of the ice chests in the back of their trucks when asked. She even knew whose truck was whose.

Was really broken up when had to put her to sleep, old age internal organ failures. But did not want her to go thru pain, surgeries, etc just to keep her with me a couple more months. Basically cried anytime I thought about her for the next couple of days. Even today it still gets to me.

After 3 months without Penny could not handle it any more so got another Golden. This one, Camber was not as smart as Penny. She did mind well. But, also had my Mom living with me and she quickly became her dog instead of mine. Slept in Mom's room, asked Mom to go in and out, etc. Couldn't take her places like Penny because she just didn't mind as well. At 13 had to put her, Camber not my Mom down because of cancer on her spine.

Mom was going thru the later stages of dementia. When Camber passed Mom immediately got super withdrawn, went to bed and refused to get up or communicate. So, the very next day found another Golden puppy. Made Mom get up, go with me, and pick out the puppy. Rode back home with the puppy in Mom' lap. The same as we had done with Camber.

Having the 6 week old puppy had a absolutely amazing effect on Mom. She remembered how to and did things she hadn't done in 5 years. She got up in the mornings and started fixing her own meals again (mainly so she could feed the puppy from her plate). She even remembered what days her hair appointment was and got up and got ready. Before the puppy I had to struggle to get her up and ready in time to go and then she would ask where we were going 4 times in the 5 miles to the beauty shop.

Sadly a year after getting the Camber Mom passed. It was early morning and I was asleep, Camber woke me up and led me to her laying on the floor and licked her face. Sadly it was too late for cpr to do any good.

That is the Golden, Pepper I have now.
That is an amazing story, thank you for sharing it.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 02-26-2019, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4707 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage

The picture above is the dog of my kid's childhood. She lived to be 14. Unfortunately I had to put her down on her birthday, by myself, as my family was all out of town.
When my daughter returned from her summer job, she got this guy, a Cattle Dog mix. What a lover boy!
Airedales tend to be rather aloof. Heelers are completely opposite; they get velcro'd to you.

Dogs make the best companions.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb

Last edited by 911nut; 02-27-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old 02-27-2019, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4708 (permalink)

Garage
Axel enjoying the snow

Old 02-27-2019, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4709 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Old 03-02-2019, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4710 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

2-1/2 LBS of adorableness

Newest family member Shih Tzu / Bichon Frise mix. His name is Ricky.

The most worrisome thing was if my current queen bee would accept him, but Lucie did, in fact, adopt him as her own.

Yeah, yeah Ricky & Lucie - you old farts remember them - don't you?
Old 03-06-2019, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4711 (permalink)

Old 03-06-2019, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4712 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/b0ex4k/this_dog_has_a_digestive_issue_so_his_family_made/?st=JT6UM2RD&sh=8b825fdd
This may have been posted before but it’s still awesome what folks due for their pets.

1978 911SC Targa
Old 03-12-2019, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4713 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsinrugs View Post

Almost looks like a lead into a joke...

“A dog walks into a bar........wearing a banana on its head”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 03-13-2019 at 08:53 PM..
Old 03-12-2019, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4714 (permalink)

Garage
Axel doing down dog stretching his muscles getting ready to run
Old 03-14-2019, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4715 (permalink)

Mama, why are we at the vet today?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4716 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysa View Post
Mama, why are we at the vet today?

Going to get tutored?
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4717 (permalink)

Quote:
Going to get tutored?
lol, no at 10 yrs old just getting some lumps and bumps checked out
Old 03-21-2019, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4718 (permalink)

Where's waldo?

Looked all over the house and finally found the little miscreant

Old 03-21-2019, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4719 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybek View Post
Going to get tutored?
My favorite Far Side!

The search is over....no pics, but my new GSD pup is gonna look like a female chocolate lab...it happens

Ordered Dog Logic too Ricky....gonna be a long two weeeeeeeks

I found an awesome pup...great breeder too
Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4720 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: