Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Gotta say, she brings conversation & attention to the sport. Good driver, no. Good person, maybe. Hottie, yes!
1970 Honda CB350 mint!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I don't hate Danica. I despise the hypocrisy that surrounds her. She's at best as average driver buy gets all the press, all the hype, all the lucrative endorsement contracts, all the best cars, just because of what she has (or doesn't have) between her legs.

Without looking, can you tell me who came in 11th place in that race? No? But you sure can tell us who came in 12th. that's a good example of what i mean.
It's BS and I refuse to be one of the mindless brainwashed lemmings who fall for the publicity buzz.

Last edited by sammyg2; 06-24-2012 at 07:10 AM..
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Vinyl Pimp

I don't hate Danica. I despise the hypocrisy that surrounds he. She's at beat as average driver buy gets all the press, all the hype, all the lucrative endorsement contracts, just because of what she has (or doesn't have) between her legs.

Without looking, can you tell me who came in 11th place in that race? No? But you sure can tel us who came in 11th. that's a good example of what i mean.
It's BS and I refuse to be one of the mindless brainwashed lemmings who fall for the publicity buzz.

Oi....don' ya mean 12th?

BTW, you go to RA website and it's all Go Daddy propaganda. Sponsor money.....it makes the world go 'round.
www.nbdgraphics.com ** also on FaceBook, there are NO BAD DAYS!
WORLDWIDE SHIPPING AVAILABLE!!!!!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
12 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Girls aren't supposed to race cars!
www.ford.com
Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
I don't hate Danica. I despise the hypocrisy that surrounds he. She's at beat as average driver buy gets all the press, all the hype, all the lucrative endorsement contracts, just because of what she has (or doesn't have) between her legs.

Without looking, can you tell me who came in 11th place in that race? No? But you sure can tel us who came in 11th. that's a good example of what i mean.

Oi....don' ya mean 12th?

BTW, you go to RA website and it's all Go Daddy propaganda. Sponsor money.....it makes the world go 'round.
Yup, changed it. Don't know what the RA website is.....

Point is most men can't differentiate between real race car driving and a playboy magazine.
But the way Danica is built (12 year old boy) ...maybe that should be playgirl magazine?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URY914 View Post
Well said.
Yeah, but I guess I forgot that sponsors aren't in it to win, necessarily. Exposure is all they want sometimes. As if I'd buy any product just because some driver carries their sticker on the side of a race car...

I guess I'm just not dumb enough to be in their demographic. It's going to be hot in Tulsa today. Maybe I should hang out in my pool with a supply of something that will quench my thirst and kill a few brain cells in the process. I wonder what Danica would drink?

JR
Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
Vinyl Pimp

Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

well i respect her as a driver but i am a jimmie johnson fan, with jr in second for choices for me.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azasadny View Post
Girls aren't supposed to race cars!
nuthin wrong with girls (driving) race cars, but what about equality and all that stuff? They should have to compete an win to get the spoils.
America used to be about celebrating success, not about celebrating "special" people who can't compete at the same level but get rewarded for finishing in the top 20. What message are we sending, that women can drive race cars but aren't capable of doing as well as men, so we give them a special trophy for PARTICIPATING?

Case in point: NHRA coverage gives close to 50% of all the stories and interview time to force's daughter and that girl who drives that tequila funny car.
They make headlines if they qualify, and if they actually win a round it's the story of the week. They do the same thing for minority drivers. Special treatment , special coverage, no matter how poorly they do.

ESPN coverage of crashcar goes like this: danica wrecks and doesn't finish the race and some other guys were out there too and one of em actually won the race, but now back to Danica to see what she has to say ..........
How about we talk about WINNERS like we used to?

BTW, way to go Alonzo, coming from 11th to win the race while your has-been teammate in the exact same car worked his way down to finish next to last, again.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:54 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

I was actually surprised Papis did not slag JV this time as it was he who JV took out of the same race the year prior.

Max was there, side by side, so he must have understood as good as anyone that he wasnt going to stop without hitting the car in front if given not enough room on the track to brake.

Yeah I am a JV fan. He himself was not dissing anyone after being spun around earlier. Had he not been given the punt prior the event people are talking about never would have happened. It's racing, that's all.
2007 CRV
Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Vinyl Pimp

JV came into that corner too hot. He had wheel hop while trying to slow. He used DP's ass end as a speed brake. He had another ride to his right and with his incoming unbraked momentum would not have been able to avoid by going left.

Bumping and rubbing is NASCAR racing. Is it legal? Who knows...they change the rules every race.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Run smooth, run fast

Quote:
JV came into that corner too hot. He had wheel hop while trying to slow. He used DP's ass end as a speed brake.
Yeah, that's exactly what happened. He overcooked it and another driver (Patrick) suffered for his lack of care in that corner. On the last lap. He was a douche no matter who he took out.

Patrick drove really well yesterday. I don't have drivers that I pull for in NASCAR, but I enjoy watching when they're on a road course.

And the announcers would've gone to whoever got punted for comment. They didn't go to her any quicker than they would have gone to anyone else.

She had every right to say a few choice words. Can you imagine what Stewart, Johnson, Earnhardt, or any of the others would have said? C'mon... some of you seem to be riding her awfully hard.

Sure she's had her b!tchy moments in the past. Most others have, too.

I'm not cynical enough to say it's all for the hype and the sponsors... she's a better driver than that... and she showed it yesterday.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

JV got punted ealier in the race and should have ***** slapped McDowell for the cruddy move. Everyone watches the highlight but but not how it got there!! JV really stormed back from 15th to get to 5th and was likely on hot brakes and then shoved off the track by MadMax (which i do not think was intentional) and then got wheel hop and tapped Danica.

If anyone watched the race; they would have seen JV got "HIT" and DP got "TAPPED".

Come to think of it...I would "TAP" DP!!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Vinyl Pimp

How you 'get/got' wheel hopped?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
How you 'get/got' wheel hopped?
That is a downhill braking zone and it is a bit bumpy. They have straight axles and will start to hop in these conditiones unlike an independent rear end car. The only way to make it stop is to come out of the brakes for a second.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Vinyl Pimp

That's my point...the action of another driver didn't 'get' him to wheel hop, he and the road conditions did it. Not like he hadn't hit that patch of road before.

As to spinning, DP spun a few times that day as did others. It's a road course, not a roundy round....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

I am with you. Many of us have been off track at a DE and know how much grip is lost with grass on your tires. JV had this at 150 MPH + downhill + braking zone + 3000 lb car + hot brakes.

This was a racing incident.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Don't hate her but I also don't understand the fascination with her. Every race I've ever seen her in she's complaining about the car, hits the wall or another car. What are her qualifications to race in the league she's in?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
That's my point...the action of another driver didn't 'get' him to wheel hop, he and the road conditions did it. Not like he hadn't hit that patch of road before. .
Not necessarily. He got pushed out into the grass by another driver and was stating that he was late getting onto the brakes as a result. Probably didn't have clean, sticky rubber on the left side, either. That part of the track is pretty fast and the braking zone is pretty long, as it's downhill and less than smooth.

It also looked like Danica checked up a little too much right before he hit her, judging from the change in closing rates just before the impact.

JR
Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
It could be argued that JR is be the biggest waste of idolatry and endorsements. Where would he be without his father's fame and fandom? At least Danica rides noone's coat tails.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: