Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.71 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
tim is the warranty.:d
lol :d
Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #261 (permalink)
FBHO & FHRC

Smashed headlight and broken air lines from hitting a deer? Am thinking a quick trip to a Napa or TSC store for some bolt on fog lights and some airline and fittings.... A couple hours later, I am motoring on with my vacation.

Warranty? In all of my 52 yrs, I have only owned one vehicle that had a warranty and it needed it... POS 1998 Dodge Dakota (NEVER again).

Men do not quit playing because they get old.... They get old because they quit playing.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #262 (permalink)
Detached Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevake View Post
Looked like a nice trip Hugh, did you and the Mrs enjoy the new rig?

Nice pics from along the way, thanks.

Cheers Richard
Wonderful time, not one “oh,schit” moment where some dumbass cut me off badly. Dumbasses going around you on the left to quickly cut you off as they take the next exit are normal. Gawd forbid I take five seconds out of his day.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Hancock View Post
Smashed headlight and broken air lines from hitting a deer? Am thinking a quick trip to a Napa or TSC store for some bolt on fog lights and some airline and fittings.... A couple hours later, I am motoring on with my vacation.
I don't think he wanted to risk it, kind of need brakes in the mountains. He is the type that wouldn't trust a patch job.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #264 (permalink)

We were in our big ass TT (luckily in our own backyard) this weekend, and started smelling a burning plastic smell when the A/C blower was activated. I climbed the ladder onto the roof, and started dis-assembleing the A/A unit in 95* direct sun. We got real lucky that it was only the 120V power supply, and not the whole control board. A couple of cuts, some wire skinning, and 3 wire nuts (to match the factory prep), and we had A/C again, and gained our low fan speed back again...it hadn't been working all year.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #265 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

H have you ever bin through RV heaven Dumpwater, Tx where the town motto is "Come to Dumpwater to dump your stinkwater." Just tell em Elmo sent you to get a 10% discount. And be sure to take a tour of the Alpine Springs Water bottling plant on the outskirts of town...its located right down the dirt road next to the........

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM

Last edited by tabs; 08-10-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Old 08-10-2019, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #266 (permalink)

Never left, but not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Wonderful time, not one “oh,schit” moment where some dumbass cut me off badly. Dumbasses going around you on the left to quickly cut you off as they take the next exit are normal. Gawd forbid I take five seconds out of his day.
You need a big ass air horn, preferably from a tug boat.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)
Detached Member

Zeke, believe me, its something I'm looking at, around 150 dB ought to do the trick.

Tabs, I'll put it on the list, Alpine Springs Water, that's funny, but probably true.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #268 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
You need a big ass air horn, preferably from a tug boat.
or a train

You have room to mount it on top, just sayin'

People just do not have a proper appreciation of basic physics. What does that bus weigh, 25, maybe 30 thousand pounds, how far does it take that thing to go from 60 mph to stopped, probably 600 feet, more than that maybe, not a real sporty handling thing either.

I always figure it is better to have a rig like that in front of me

Mark Twain
Old 08-11-2019, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)
Detached Member

Coming home from three days at Carpenteria State Beach, stopped at a place for lunch this idiot tried to squeeze into a spot between me and another vehicle.

Scratched all the way along the side of my new RV and smashed the mirror.

At least he worked for a company that appears to have insurance.

Newer and better picture below. I think they are going to have to pay to repaint the entire left slide out (like 20' long), its all paint, not decals.

Last edited by Hugh R; 08-23-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Old 08-23-2019, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #270 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Goodlord, you have problems. WTF is wrong with people?
Old 08-23-2019, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #271 (permalink)
Detached Member

Better picture,

Toby, its heavy, but ONLY 20,000 lbs. or so. Still takes distance to haul it down. I leave LOTS of space between me and them..
Old 08-23-2019, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #272 (permalink)

So sorry to see that happen to your new coach Hugh.

What a stupid move trying to squeeze in there. Hope their insurance covers it for you.

Afterburn, is that scenic cruiser yours now? Sure been looking for long enough now. I hope you found the one you've been searching for.

Cheers Richard
Old 08-23-2019, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #273 (permalink)
Detached Member

AB, if that is yours its mega cool.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #274 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Good Lord......we are going backwards......

Sorry to hear, Hugh.

Geez.......
Old 08-23-2019, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #275 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Only 10 tons, that is like five 914's, you could almost auto cross that thing.

That vintage one is cool, it would be totally boss if you did the whole thing in polished aluminum

Mark Twain
Old 08-23-2019, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #276 (permalink)

Allright Afterburn, whats the details. Is it converted to a RV interior?

Did you find it close to home? It does look alive, as in not just pulled out of the weeds and a long slumber.

Standing by for any pics and details you care to share.

Cheers Richard
Old 08-23-2019, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #277 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: