Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Knockout

Have you guys seen this... Makes me sad for our future and angry beyond words....

Hot New Game Called "Knockout" | Java Joel
2006 V70R 6sp/Brembo brakes/lots of goodies
2011 Mini Cooper S
Old 11-20-2013, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
All the spoons in the world won't protect you from that.
Various VWs
Old 11-20-2013, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I remember seeing a report about this on the news a long, long time ago. Was happening in NYC, iirc. Like 10+ years ago.
Makes me physically ill. And mad.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

One thing that keeps coming to mind is: would this be as likely if the public wasn't so afraid to step in. I mean that in a global sense. If folks felt the urge and acted to disrupt such acts we might have less of things like this. We don't act for fear of injury and liability, just to name a couple reasons.

Of course there are other factors that are more direct to the kids and criminals, but add it all up and we are a civilization headed in the wrong direction.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

The last couple of summers kids in Chicago regularly got together and went "wolf packing" targeting folks on the streets of highly populated areas. They beat and robbed folks as a pack and got away with it. Folks standing around watching...as long as it wasn't them.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Eva

Garage
Play "knockout" with SauCy...he'll have his Glock out

"The car has been the cave wall on which Industrial Man has painted his longings and desires." -Eddie Alterman-
Old 11-20-2013, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Formerly bb80sc

And people wonder why stereotypes exist. Wonder what Jesse and Al would say....
2017 Mazda CX5
Old 11-20-2013, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipergrün View Post
And people wonder why stereotypes exist. Wonder what Jesse and Al would say....
+1. When one of these black kids gets shot by a white guy there will be hell to pay.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by widebody911 View Post
No, but paying attention to your surroundings at all times certainly would. I can't count the number of people I see every day walking through a busy parking lot while staring at their phones the entire time, sometimes not even looking up to cross aisles, assuming no car would ever not stop for them. I notice everything and everyone within 300' of me at all times and only stare at my phone while seated or standing still away from any vehicles.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
No, but paying attention to your surroundings at all times certainly would. I can't count the number of people I see every day walking through a busy parking lot while staring at their phones the entire time, sometimes not even looking up to cross aisles, assuming no car would ever not stop for them. I notice everything and everyone within 300' of me at all times and only stare at my phone while seated or standing still away from any vehicles.
+1 on this. I don't ever let anybody get that close. Knockouts like that can give serious brain concussions.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled sixtie View Post
+1 on this. I don't ever let anybody get that close. Knockouts like that can give serious brain concussions.
I think a few people have been killed.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
It's a matter of time before one of the idiots punches the wrong guy (who is packing) and they get shot.

I can't wait!
1986 911 Targa We affirm that the world’s magnificence has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing car whose hood is adorned with great pipes, like serpents of explosive breath - a roaring car that seems to ride on grapeshot....
Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I just wish the public would jump in and really kick some ass, but I know that would never happen. Just think, if that was posted on the net that the public would fight back and actually kick some asses and not get crap for it. I think they would think twice about hitting random people again.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
drunk and stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911SauCy View Post
Play "knockout" with SauCy...he'll have his Glock out
Psssh, did you see the build of most of those little punks.......go ahead, make my day. Punch me and see if you can knock me out....

I don't punch back, what's more likely is a swift kick to the nuts followed by a sharp knee to the face while you're doubling over.

No Glock needed, just a few years of MACP and Krav Maga
Old 11-20-2013, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
If Obama had a son he'd be playin' this game.....

Off to PARF this goes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
what? me worry?

They are calling it "Polar bear " since they are looking for big white guys to try to put to sleep...

That's what the local news said tonight....Anyway..

This story is a few years old though? or maybe it did not make national news the first time...The teacher in Pittsburgh shocking, but as callous as it sounds its not recent news..

More recently, a miscreant cold cocked a 78 year old woman, I'm well aware she did not fit the Polar Bear profile...
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno

Last edited by TimT; 11-20-2013 at 06:07 PM..
Old 11-20-2013, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Kid shot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzptOuQ0M9U#t=143
Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebody911 View Post
WRONG!!!
Another trayvon goes down..

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 11-20-2013, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

"Could be anyone, a mother and her children"

Kill them all and their parents
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdup View Post

Not killed? Total bummer.
1986 911 Targa We affirm that the world’s magnificence has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed. A racing car whose hood is adorned with great pipes, like serpents of explosive breath - a roaring car that seems to ride on grapeshot....
Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: