Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Did you get the memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSteve View Post
There is some talk that it's being under reported. I'm not sure how you can say its "isolated" if it's happening in many cities. Of course, folks have websites to share things they like, just we do we here.

I've been sucker punched but not under these conditions.
That's my big issue. Teenagers of all colors do some dumb ass stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised to see white teens do the exact same game. But rest assured that if it were white teens targeting blacks, it would be the leading story on the national news. I think equality cuts both ways, and that we shouldn't even consider race. That is true equality. I've had the same conversation with my brother in law who is black, he always says that he just wants to be treated the same as anybody else.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

I'm betting the common denominator isn't "race" for these type of incidents, but young males being brought up by single moms, coupled with a "pack mentality"....young and dumb and "runnin' the streets". With a proper father figure in their life (like my black friends provide to theirs)....this doesn't happen imo. Don't know if MMarsh or Scoe have boys, but I guarantee you wouldn't have to cross the street out of fear of passing 'em either. Situational awareness....Oh heck yeah, but that doesn't always work either. If any youngin' (Zimmerman anyone?) closed distance on me, I'd be "alert", but virtually anyone can be blindsided and knocked out cold with one punch.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Parrothead member

Kids of ALL RACES are effed up nowadays.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
No parental involvement? Breakdown of the nuclear family unit and popularization / proliferation of "no fault" divorce? Culture of no accountability? Glorification of violence and gang culture on TV? Lack of quality role models? Migratory nature of families (i.e. no community, nobody knows their neighbors or stays in one place more than 5 years anymore), etc.

Yep, all of the above are risk factors.

Black Cars Matter
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
UFLYICU

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOA NOM
My mother and I argued about this. I said that we, as a society are allowing this to happen by our reluctance to squash it, violently if necessary. When bystanders see it happen and do nothing, these thugs have no reason to slow down. They feel like there will be no consequences. She insisted that a bystander should avoid confrontation and try to get help for the victim. By then, the deed is done and the bad guys are long gone.

What would you do if you witnessed this crime?
Racer Rix Spec911 #5

prc-racing.com
Old 11-23-2013, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
"O"man(are we in trouble)

It appears to be mostly a group behavior so confronting if you are alone is probably not the best option. Helping the victim is the most logical thing and calling 911 for medical assistance. Taking a picture with a phone could be helpful in ID'ing the *******s but may get your ass kicked as well.

I have no patience for this kind of behavior. I think just getting a mental picture of the thugs and calling the law so they can be apprehended and ID'd and hopefully prosecuted.

It's disgusting behavior and we should do everything in our power to stop it. It's interesting that they are even targeting women so they have no guts whatsoever, just very cowardly behavior.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Part of the solution

NYC man charged with hate crime in 'knockout' game attack | The Journal News | lohud.com | lohud.com
Old 11-24-2013, 03:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikao4 View Post
no fun in that..
as most can't swim..
blub blub it's over..

tie him out at low tide..
sit back and listen to him babble on..
' he was only playin around..'
as it rolls back in..
let him hear..
so am I..

Rika
Ha ha......Rika has it.

Or as Dad would say...keelhaul 'em.....
Old 11-24-2013, 03:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
UFLYICU

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ZOA NOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by widgeon13 View Post
It appears to be mostly a group behavior so confronting if you are alone is probably not the best option. Helping the victim is the most logical thing and calling 911 for medical assistance. Taking a picture with a phone could be helpful in ID'ing the *******s but may get your ass kicked as well.

I have no patience for this kind of behavior. I think just getting a mental picture of the thugs and calling the law so they can be apprehended and ID'd and hopefully prosecuted.

It's disgusting behavior and we should do everything in our power to stop it. It's interesting that they are even targeting women so they have no guts whatsoever, just very cowardly behavior.

Surely prudent advice, but man, I just don't know if I could avoid trouble. I think about how hot I get just watching the videos, and it makes me wanna troll for these idiots wearing a steel skullcap under a hoodie, with a ball-peen hammer in my pocket...
Racer Rix Spec911 #5

prc-racing.com
Old 11-24-2013, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Garage
60 yr old woman shoots and kills 2

Knockout Game Turns Deadly: 60 Year Old Woman Shoots and Kills 2 Teens After Being Punched | News
Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Well there you go!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Garage
That story nearly brought tears of joy to my eyes. Some people just need killin'.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
That story nearly brought tears of joy to my eyes. Some people just need killin'.
It could be a hoax but I do like the idea.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
That certainly puts some sport in the game.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOA NOM View Post
My mother and I argued about this. I said that we, as a society are allowing this to happen by our reluctance to squash it, violently if necessary. When bystanders see it happen and do nothing, these thugs have no reason to slow down. They feel like there will be no consequences. She insisted that a bystander should avoid confrontation and try to get help for the victim. By then, the deed is done and the bad guys are long gone.

What would you do if you witnessed this crime?
Shoot the punks in the head..

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 11-24-2013, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
OK, I went and read this and it's certainly not a news story. It's not even a cut/paste of a news story. The Onion reads more real than that.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: