Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I did it two years ago best thing you will ever do for the pool my dogs now play all day in the pool just like little kids does not hurt they sees and they coats are much softer and do not smell and turn yellow!!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

No one has made mention, but i use a Paramount ozone system. I am on my third pool, by far the best system I have used. Water stays crystal clear, use a chlorinator on the back side return, just enough to get a reading. Granted, last two pools had a sand filter, using a jandy cartridge filter with this pool. No more weekends at Leslies buying chemicals. Did quiet a bit of research on them, not typical here in the states, but big in Europe. Mine is 3 years old, paid around $300.00, think they are closer to 4 now. Have to replace a bulb about every 2 to 2.5 years, $90.00.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
. I want to get one of these:

Izzat a filter cleaner? Cool.
I have the big filter that looks like a K&N on steroids and it's heavy but i only hafta clean it bout 4 times a year and all that takes is 10 minutes with a garden hoze and nooooozle.
But to have a fancy cleaner that I don't need would be cool! Doan know why I think that way but I do.

BTW a new bad boy element is $275!!!!!! I was gonna but a spare to swap it out so I could clean it at my leisure, but was cost-pro-hibitive.

after 6 years it still looks new but I hope it doan rip or wear out.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I have a spare set. I swap in the clean ones then clean the used ones. One of my buddies uses a big garbage can with some sort of special cleaner. He just "dunks" the old ones for a few weeks, rinses them then stores them to the next swap.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet83 View Post
No one has made mention, but i use a Paramount ozone system. I am on my third pool, by far the best system I have used. Water stays crystal clear, use a chlorinator on the back side return, just enough to get a reading. Granted, last two pools had a sand filter, using a jandy cartridge filter with this pool. No more weekends at Leslies buying chemicals. Did quiet a bit of research on them, not typical here in the states, but big in Europe. Mine is 3 years old, paid around $300.00, think they are closer to 4 now. Have to replace a bulb about every 2 to 2.5 years, $90.00.
My system has an ozone generator, a mineralizer, 2 different ways to do continuous chlorine injection. With the "mineral" a silver salt, plus ozone, I can keep the Chlorine level in the 1-2 ppm as long as the phosphates are under control.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: