Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"O"man(are we in trouble)

Cannibis oil

Anyone have any experience they care to share on canniibis oil for treating certain ailments, anxiety, stress, sleep problems and pain from arthritis?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My wife swears by Hemp oil with no THC. It helps her with cronic pain from FibroMyalgia. She also uses pure essential oils, and is functional when she would have been bed ridden before.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Saved my sisters life (at least prolonged it) as she suffers from cancer.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 05-22-2018, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Home of the Whopper

Garage
I always sleep pretty well after a couple of bong hits.
Stress is way down too.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
My wife swears by Hemp oil with no THC. It helps her with cronic pain from FibroMyalgia. She also uses pure essential oils, and is functional when she would have been bed ridden before.
A friend has an old dog who she gives the stuff to and it picks the dog right up,

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 05-22-2018, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Binge User

A little dab will do ya.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
My dad is 86 and has arthritus in his spine. I recently got him some CBD Oil and he says it is helping a lot. He is now adding DMSO on top of it which helps the CBD to absorb better. DMSO must only be used on clean skin as it will cause anything to get into your blood stream.
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 05-22-2018, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Drops under the tongue for sleep.

Creams for arthritis.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
"O"man(are we in trouble)

Thanks all for the info.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Did not work for me. Dmso does.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
I see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis in se pa View Post
Did not work for me. Dmso does.
straight DMSO?

Old bikers don't get old by accident
equito ergo sum
Old 05-23-2018, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
I have gotten a lot of reports of relief from arthritis using salves made from it. I think it has practically none of the psychoactive elements, and the rest of it is sort of concentrated.

Careful with that DMSO, extremely potent carrier. If you have anything on your skin, DMSO will make you absorb it like magic.

I wonder what would happen if you combined the two...
Old 05-23-2018, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbutt View Post
straight DMSO?
I believe it is a 70% solution but I will have to check on that.

It's 99%
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R

Last edited by Tidybuoy; 05-23-2018 at 02:32 PM..
Old 05-23-2018, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Thanks for the info so far.

I was at a flower nursery this morning and a couple of the gals mentioned the power of CBD oil. They said they stuff was amazing.

I'm assuming health food stores would carry this but have not checked yet.

Before I do....does anyone have a recommended online source?

TIA!
Old 05-23-2018, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

^^^
I am also interested. I have so many ailments it's unreal.
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 05-23-2018, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I just saw an hour long special on "Dateline" about CBD oils that I taped for my wife. I think most people are for re"scheduling" this as a non-harmful/addictive medical revalation. It is currently lisrted as a schedule 1 substance, which will remain illegal as long as it is. I imagine big pharma will be pulling out ALL of the stops to keep as a schedule 1 drug....they can't have people making their own, how would they profit from that ?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
CBD oil from Hemp is legal in all 50 states.

https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/cbd-hemp-oil-vs-cbd-medical-marijuana/
Old 05-23-2018, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

CBD is the 'beneficial' medical ingredient.
THC is the trippy high.

There are many other strains and sub-ingredients involved. That is the extent of my knowledge. YMMV
Old 05-23-2018, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

A lot of claims are made for the medical use of CBD oils from various strains of da herb.

From treating seizures in children, to slowing or even curing cancer.

My own experence is that it can very helpful in reducing pain in my worn out shoulders and neck. I use infused coconut oil topically and get great pain relief and relaxation of the muscles that tighten up to protect the sore areas. This relieves headache that the tight muscles cause, really helpful.

If you look up Rick Simpson oil you can find out about the very concentrated extract that is taken internally for the treatment of more systematic ailments.
I can't comment on it from personal experence. But many folks report significant benefits.

Changing the classification by the government could open the opportunity for much more research into the possible benefits and uses for this natural and ancient herbal medicine.

I think we are moving slowly beyond the Reefer Madness propaganda era. But Big Pharma may not be happy to see the classification changed to allow the madicinal qualities to become better known.

Cheers Richard
Old 05-23-2018, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
An arthritis doc I went to see for my disintegrating joints told me that 90% of his patients use cannabis. He also told me it was illegal (wink wink) for him to tell me that it worked. But, a whole lotta his patients sure used it (wink wink). But it's still a Schedule 1 drug, he reminded me.

We sure are a backward country.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1022378-yes-its-another-white-911-build.html
Old 05-23-2018, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: