Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pot in any form is illegal in Georgia. My wife had two hip replacements within the last year not because she is a marathon runner, but because genetics has played hell on her cartilage. The surgeon prescribed of course pain killing opioids, but I mentioned that I have a source (her dad who lives in a state that has legal medical weed) for strong medical marijuana for pain relief. He simply said, "I recommend it, if you have access to it". I have no reluctance to ask any physician if taking marijuana for pain is okay and the answer is always the same....YES. I am not only talking about the oil but THC as well provided through a vapor pen.

The national popularity wave is increasing on legalizing both medical and recreational pot. I predict that within 5 years every state will have jumped on the band wagon.

Marijuana is excellent for pain and the brain!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcorgi View Post
An arthritis doc I went to see for my disintegrating joints told me that 90% of his patients use cannabis. He also told me it was illegal (wink wink) for him to tell me that it worked. But, a whole lotta his patients sure used it (wink wink). But it's still a Schedule 1 drug, he reminded me.
Are you referring to the non-THC oils?

I cannot use anything with THC because of my active security clearances.

I'd like to try the non-THC oil to see if they will work for me.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Everything I have heard has been positive for pain relief through use of the oil, ointments, topical applications and the like. Right now, I am suffering from sciatica and it feels like an ice-pick is stuck in the side of my buttocks!!! I asked the Chiropractor the other day about marijuana for pain relief, although I already know what it can and cannot do. It was a test question, since I expected him to say, "I did not tell you this, but......" Without hesitation he said, "use it"! So, from my experience thus far in the deep south, when asking a Doctor about the benefits of marijuana for pain, they do not hide behind the law, but all have advocated its use because its not addicting and effective.

This is an indicator of what is about to come. Marijuana in all its forms is ideal for pain.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Hey Sunroof, I feel you on that sciatica pain. It's tough to live with.
Have you tried this stretch to address it?
Worked wonders for me, still use it when I feel tension build in the lower back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bLdUHiJhvGM.

After many months of dealing with sciatica pain I had a shot to relieve the swelling. It eased the pain right away. Then the stretch eliminated it and kept it away.

A few days of the infused oil might also aid the muscle relaxation to turn it around.

All the best in getting thru it.

Cheers Richard
Old 05-24-2018, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Thanks sooo much Richard. I will try and practice this stretch as all the exercises I have been given do not show this level of stretch. The chiropractor said, "text book sciatica down in L4 from lifting". All five muscle layers shot for now!! How can one not use marijuana for the pain?! At this point, I do not care if I rub it or smoke it........it helps.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I agree with your statement that marijuana is good for pain and brain. I had some bad pains actually that I cured with MK Ultra. So I truly believe in its positive influence.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Are you referring to the non-THC oils?

I cannot use anything with THC because of my active security clearances.

I'd like to try the non-THC oil to see if they will work for me.
That is a tough place to be with security clearance.

My L spine back is a train wreck and I am allergic to the steroid injection to the point where the doc said that if I liked breathing that they would not be using it in my back. So about the only thing I can use is prescription meds of the narcotic kind. That really sucks because it is a never ending PITA to have the script written and refilled.

I have tried Kratom with limited success. Med marijuana would be nice but the legality is an issue and even if legal the Fed isn't too keen on its use if you have a job...

Even if clearance/job is not an issue, my Dr. isn't too keen on using it either and will cut off my prescription meds if I even try it. Its the proverbial rock and hard place.

I may give this CBD a try.
1995 993 Carrera 4 SOLD
2004 Land Rover Discovery II G4 Edition (Sold )
Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
"O"man(are we in trouble)

Not good but not surprising!

https://gizmodo.com/at-least-52-people-in-utah-were-poisoned-by-fake-cannab-1826324863
Old 05-26-2018, 02:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
if Cannabis oil is good, is Hash oil better?

Oh yeah, Trump won
Thank you Mr. Putin
Old 05-26-2018, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Reelin' In The Years

Any one have any dealings with these folks?:

https://shop.lordjones.com/collections/products/products/lord-jones-pain-and-wellness-pure-cbd-body-lotion

I thought this was funny, from USA Today:

One toke over the line...
Old 06-02-2018, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Paul --

There are stores in DC that give a 'gift' when you make another legal purchase. DC law is possession under 2 grams is ok. Can't sell but can give it away.

Buy a tshirt get a bag.

Check out Craigslist. There are even services for delivery. From what I hear the police are in a tough place when it comes to arresting now due to the allowance for possession.
1995 993 Carrera 4 SOLD
2004 Land Rover Discovery II G4 Edition (Sold )
Old 06-02-2018, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Talked to my son a couple of days ago and found out he has rheumatoid arthritis. He uses CBD oil in some kind of cream and says it helps a lot. I tried to order some from Amazon. All I could find were liquid that you take orally - $25 to try it on my arthritis, so it's on its way. BTW my son works at a job where drug use is strictly forbidden. He passes all the regular drug tests because there is no THC in the CBD oil. Some people he works with who use it have to have a special, more accurate test because they flunk the simple pee test.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Reelin' In The Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewb0051 View Post
There are stores in DC that give a 'gift' when you make another legal purchase. DC law is possession under 2 grams is ok. Can't sell but can give it away.
I will check it out - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
Talked to my son a couple of days ago and found out he has rheumatoid arthritis. He uses CBD oil in some kind of cream and says it helps a lot. I tried to order some from Amazon. All I could find were liquid that you take orally - $25 to try it on my arthritis, so it's on its way. BTW my son works at a job where drug use is strictly forbidden. He passes all the regular drug tests because there is no THC in the CBD oil. Some people he works with who use it have to have a special, more accurate test because they flunk the simple pee test.
Excellent information. Having smoked pot in the old days, the last thing I want to do is get high...a little bit of pain free is my goal.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
hplc...

I don't think it's worth it, especially if you have a clearance, or if it would effect your career negatively. Not FDA regulated... I compare it to pre-workout when it first came out and you would pop hot on ua's.

If you collect a pension, va money, or retirement. Who cares. You earned it.

IRR... What IRR!
Old 06-02-2018, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

I bought the expensive stuff (ok, none of it is cheap) called Charlotte's Web. Didn't do jack for my shoulder pain so I gave the unused half of the bottle away. Goodbye 40 bucks.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Big Pharma is doing everything it can to put the kaibosh on cannabis proliferation. Federal government puts it in the same class as opium, massively illegal with stiff penalties. And yet, use of it is exploding. Consider this as you evaluate whether it is effective or not.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Banned

Vaporizer the only way to Fly!!!!
Old 06-02-2018, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_porschekid View Post
I don't think it's worth it, especially if you have a clearance, or if it would effect your career negatively.
You wouldn't use it and then tell your employer. Tell him up front that you want to try it, have documentation of the anecdotal claims of it efficacy. Tell him it shouldn't, but might affect a drug screen, and if it does, you need the more accurate test.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

CBD clinical trial.

Click

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 06-03-2018, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post

I thought this was funny, from USA Today:

One toke over the line...
Missed it by that much...
Old 06-03-2018, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: