Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I just received two thread emails - MORE random pics and Post Pictures of the Right Stance. Looks like the tech team is on the right trail.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
Thanks for the update, Dmitry. Still no go updates for me, just to let you know,
Johan
Old 08-23-2019, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I just got an email for the new post by Johan (Uwon) so thank you for that.

I would love to be able to stay logged in now, that broke a year ago, but isn't critical. For some reason I can click my bookmark for Classifieds and that gives me a logged in screen. Then I click email links to get me to Technical and OT logged in. But just clicking on any link in email, Classifieds or otherwise, I get to the thread but I'm not logged in.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
Got my email updates this morning, hallelujah!
Cheers,
Johan
Old 08-24-2019, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Not receiving emails from members through the forum.

Edit, now going to junk mail. Did receive one today.

Last edited by timmy2; 08-25-2019 at 05:52 PM..
Old 08-25-2019, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

I have to manually mark the thread as read

I don't receive email notifications when I get a PM
Old 08-26-2019, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Counterclockwise?

Garage
I've found the notification/tracking part of this forum has been sporadic for some time.
The tabs to take you to the latest post only work for the 1st dozen or so. Then it's like you never viewed it in the past.
Sometime I get notification, sometime not.
I have over a thousand instant email notification threads. Assuming we all do, it amazes me the server power they must have here without it going "boom".
Not complaining, just saying ….
A bunch of stuff with spark plugs
Old 08-26-2019, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I too am experiencing an issue with staying logged in. Whenever I close my browser I lose my log-in.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

I'm really getting tired of having to log in every time I go to this forum. About to take a hike.

87 Targa

Come and take it
Old 09-08-2019, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Uncertifiable!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassisrot View Post
I'm really getting tired of having to log in every time I go to this forum. About to take a hike.
Keep complaining to the moderators. Only way things will improve. Just like politics.
Johan
Old 09-09-2019, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Evil Genius

Garage
well..........not complaining...........but I'm still DOA for emails...........as I'm sure others are too.

Burp.

Wag more, bark less.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
We're still having the tech team look into it - asking them for updates as well.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Update:

Tech team found the issue and are actively working on getting everything restored and working properly. Thank you guys for your patience.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Update:

Tech team found the issue and are actively working on getting everything restored and working properly. Thank you guys for your patience.
I'm still waiting for the secured mobile version of this site. Shows up as "NOT SECURE" on my phone.

Is that in the works ?
Old 09-12-2019, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
... Shows up as "NOT SECURE" on my phone...
Shows up as "NOT SECURE" on my Mac.

I'm pretty sure it was SECURE when Wayne was running it and his Bachelor's and Masters in Mechanical Engineering

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 09-13-2019, 02:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Evil Genius

Garage
bumpity bump bump goes Trump.

me still not fixed?

Jedi Masta-san Dmitry

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!"

Wag more, bark less.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Heap View Post
bumpity bump bump goes Trump.

me still not fixed?

Jedi Masta-san Dmitry

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!"

We addressed and seemed to have resolved this issue on our end. Users sent me message saying that their updates have been restored. I checked your settings and everything seems to be in order.

In regards to the http vs https (secured) inquiry, we're transferring the site to the secure version, but are not quite there. Since no credit card or bank info is being stored on the forums, there is nothing to be concerned about. Our tech gurus confirmed this.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
In regards to the http vs https (secured) inquiry, we're transferring the site to the secure version, but are not quite there. Since no credit card or bank info is being stored on the forums, there is nothing to be concerned about. Our tech gurus confirmed this.
Stored PMs contain lots of personal info.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
... there is nothing to be concerned about. Our tech gurus confirmed this.

Good one

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 10-10-2019, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Garage
Just throwing this out there....

Whenever i reply to a thread the thread disappears. If i click on the new posts button the thread i replied to is gone. Only way i can find it again is to go to my profile page , statistics, find all posts by pete3799.

What's up with that?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: