Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Center console fader plate broken need replacement

Hi, in my 84 Carrera the part that holds the fader and the 2 AC knobs has cracked and the fader now hangs loose. I tried to source the replacement part but no luck it seems to be discontinued. All I could find was a fader trim plate but I don't see how I'm gonna make it fit.

How would you guys go about it? Thanks!

This is the part that's discontinued: 91155216900

Part #5 in this diagram:

Old 11-05-2020, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

This is how I repaired mine. I actually replaced the Fader with a rocker for the power antenna, but leaving the Fader would be just as easy. Not a restoration, but a decent fix that looks clean and is not noticeable.

Yet another Conti radio install...Thanks!
Old 11-05-2020, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
This is how I repaired mine. I actually replaced the Fader with a rocker for the power antenna, but leaving the Fader would be just as easy. Not a restoration, but a decent fix that looks clean and is not noticeable.

Yet another Conti radio install...Thanks!
That looks pretty nice. Did you glue the part to the old plastic panel or did you just squeeze it between the AC knobs and the old panel?
Old 11-05-2020, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

It is sandwiched with the stem nuts by the AC controls.

Not a restoration type fix, but I was unable to find a good replacement part.

If I ever have the console apart again, I will make a new plate that incorporates the USB jack at the bottom. (And possibly the Kuehl AC status LED)

Old 11-06-2020, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Nice,

I should've ordered that head unit, I just changed mine to a cheap Sony but it was my first install and didn't wanna blow anything up that's too expensive. And it does what it's supposed to do very well so I'm happy. Speakers are next.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Kinda did the samething.........

i gutted the knobs and put the USB's inside the knobs..... looks ok.

i also added bluetooth and a microphone..... tried to hide it.

all 3 things work perfectly... USB, BT, and Microphone.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Now that is slick... ^^^^ with a Livestrong bracelet and an Alpine head unit....love it!

"Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed"

Silver 1984 M491 Sunroof Coupe
Old 11-06-2020, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Factory Delivery-Original owner-Retired engineer
Plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inrevinc View Post
Hi, in my 84 Carrera the part that holds the fader and the 2 AC knobs has cracked and the fader now hangs loose. I tried to source the replacement part but no luck it seems to be discontinued. All I could find was a fader trim plate but I don't see how I'm gonna make it fit.

How would you guys go about it? Thanks!

This is the part that's discontinued: 91155216900

Part #5 in this diagram:

The used parts forum.

Gerry
In the window of a bar in Hermosa Beach, California.
"Happy Hour prices during all car chases."
Old 11-06-2020, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
thanks 4flyboy.................. i appreciate that. i thought it came out pretty clean, but i was biased obviously.

our fellow pelican, my friend gave me that livestrong bracelet 10 years ago..... i like the idea of living strong.

a 1974 911 with some modern bits to it...... happy with it for sure!
Old 11-06-2020, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Found one through Einmalig, thanks for the help guys

Old 11-23-2020, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: