Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

If you need to hookup a video camera to a computer buy the intel camera. The camera work off of motion in the picture so no extra motion detector is required to operate the system. The camera also write a jpeg file to the hardrive. It is pretty good with available lights. You can set it up so that it take picture by the minutes, or only when motion is detected.

Old 12-31-2003, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to HawgRyder
I like the motion detector to the sprinklers....very smart....keep the bums off the lawn and driveways...wash the car....keeps the driveway nice and clean.
I should recommend it to my boss....to keep the street people from using the doorway as a nesting spot....of course in the winter they might freeze to the step....oh well....we can chip them out in the spring. LOL
Bob
Old 12-31-2003, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

How about piping outside the sound of a shotgun being pumped? A distinctive sound that 99.99% of the population will recognize.
01 996 TT -
09 Audi A4 Avant - daily driver
Old 12-31-2003, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Bell, did you ask the police to fingerprint the brick? Although it sounds kind of silly, police can get prints off many things- including bricks. I am not sure what the crime is in your town, but with clear articulation the crime could be bumped to a felony (assault with a deadly weapon if you were near the window). That would mandate the police to take further action.

Always ask to speak to the Watch Commander of the police station you call when you ask for special service. After you explain the situation to him/ her, you will probably receive better service.

Good luck, David
67 912 (sold)
58 Karmann Ghia chopped top (traded for the 912)
Old 12-31-2003, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
one of gods prototypes

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bell Send a message via Yahoo to bell
i've caught peopel here before and had them convicted.....but if i don't physically see them do the act (which i have before) then there isn't crap the cops will do here, i've fopund the BB gun come in real handy to get someones attention

i do however have a total of 6....yes 6 garages in our complex......3 unheated ones out back, a single heated garage and just got 2 more heated garages which 3 cars can tightly fit in
i'll post some pics when i get keys to the new ones.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Yup, this is the cool product I was talking about previously:

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=566

Quote:
The Linksys Wireless-B Internet Video Camera sends live video through the Internet to a web browser anywhere in the world! This compact, self-contained unit lets you keep an eye on your home, your kids, your workplace -- whatever's important to you.

Unlike standard "web cams" that require an attached PC, the Internet Video Camera contains its own web server, so it can connect directly to a network, either over Wireless-B (802.11b) networking, or over 10/100 Ethernet cable. The advanced MPEG-4 video compression produces a high-quality, high-framerate, 320x240 video stream.

The Internet Video Camera's unique form-factor and wireless connectivity allows you to mount it on a wall nearly anywhere, or slip it into its included stand for desktop use. Once it's connected to your home network, you can "see what it sees" from any PC in the house, while the video stream is secured from the outside world, hidden behind your Router. If you want the video to be visible from outside your home network, you can open an appropriate port on the Router, and then create password protected accounts to manage access to the camera, or leave it wide open for the world to see. The SoloLink DDNS Service (trial sign-up included) lets you access your camera using an easy-to-remember "name", even if your home Internet connection uses a dynamic IP address.

You can also turn on Security Mode, which tells the camera to send you an email message with a short video attached whenever it detects motion in its field of view. You can then log onto the live video stream if the situation warrants. The included Viewer & Recorder utility lets you record the video stream to your local hard drive, "live" or on a predetermined schedule.
-Wayne
Old 01-01-2004, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bell
i've been thinking of running cameras from my window (attatched outside though) and using my computer for monitoring/recording (wayne mentioned an interesting product in another thread).
i currently have an IR setup i rigged so i can send audio to the stereo in the garage.....took a while to get it running but it's pretty neat
Don't go to all that trouble. Go hunting at Cabela's and get one of these motion detector cameras. They use 35mm filmand have a flash too. Get 'em!!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results.jhtml;jsessionid=JCHO2NCNRREB0CWQNVDCCOAK0 BWUOIWE?hasJS=true&SearchTypeOrArea=0&QueryText=camera&%2Fcabelas%2Fcommerce%2FCabelasCatalogNumberFinder .giftCertificateURL=..%2F..%2Ftemplates%2Fgiftcert ificate%2Fgiftcertificate.jhtml%3Fid%3D00055869900 11a%26podId%3D0005586%26catalogCode%3DIB%26navActi on%3Djump%26indexId%3D&_D%3A%2Fcabelas%2Fcommerce%2FCabelasCatalogNumberF inder.giftCertificateURL=+&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fleft-nav.jhtml

Keith
'3 BMW X5 (wife's)

http://www.geocities.com/keithlambert7/
Old 01-01-2004, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Remote Sentry Weapons System
http://www.gurpsmaster.de/sentries.htm

Old 01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: