Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry at Pelican Parts View Post
Sounds like the motor/regulator need replacing. Take a look at the link below to our site's DIY tech article on this procedure. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Porsche 911 Window Regulator and Motor Replacement | 911 (1965-89) - 930 Turbo (1975-89) | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article
It sounds to me like a loose connection to one or both window switches. Before you buy an expensive part, pull your switches, clean and check connections. If that does not fix problem, get the circuit diagrams and trace out power and connectivity. Throwing parts at a problem is good for the parts guys, but if it's not the right part, you will still have the original problem.
Good luck,
Dave

2001 996TT
Old 04-19-2019, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I need some help. My passenger door will not close without slamming the door an few times. However it closes perfectly the first time if the drivers door is open or the passenger window is open.

I want to install a time delay relay using the door light switch as a trigger. When the door is open the trigger will lower the window for a few seconds (x) and when closing the door the window will close the window for x seconds.

Which wire/s on the switch controls the up and down function movement ?

Last edited by Reuben911; 11-24-2019 at 07:15 PM..
Old 11-24-2019, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Hi Reuben. red/black and red/white. You'll need your mulitmeter to figure out which is the up and which is the down. The black and the green go to the winder motor and brown is ground (earth). Sounds like a good idea, Bill.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Thanks, will post results when done
Old 11-25-2019, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

I had similar problem...fought it forever. Finally determined the wire going through the door to the switch had a kink in it and would randomly make/lose connection. Drove me nuts thinking I'd fixed it.
Warren Hall, gone but not forgotten
Old 11-26-2019, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
gruppe f

Garage
I have a passenger window problem that differs from the OP's. In my '87 Carrera, both driver door switches work, but the passenger door switch does not. I have tried swapping the switches, but the problem persists. Any ideas? TIA.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Passenger side?

Well, some time ago mine quit working because...

Old 11-29-2019, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
gruppe f

Garage
I'm sure that I don't have the same problem. I can lower and raise the passenger window with the switch on the driver's door, but the switch on the passenger door will not raise or lower the window. Swapping the working driver door switch to the passenger door did not fix the problem.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Fixed my pass side today. Window would not raise. Hit the door panel by the switch and it started going up and back down then quit again. Removed the door panel, window switch, checked the wiring, cleaned all contacts, sprayed contact cleaner into the window switch. Works like a charm now.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

FLOJO!

How many times was that motor drove into the hard stop up or down side to create the cracks on that motor!? Wow. When I started fussing with my motors in the doors I was expecting to see such a mess, but those motors are quite over-engineered with AlCuZn (or some zinc alloy) for the gear box: you may want to send that to the PE at Porsche to see how he reacts.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: