Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Happy to do the Session 0 Tony since I am local.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Session O..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferrante View Post
Happy to do the Session 0 Tony since I am local.
Joe,

I was about to send an email to request you to volunteer to the maiden class. But you read my mind. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-10-2018, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Color me interested as well, not that I have a motor to rebuild at the moment, but would try to work something out for your summer dates, should they materialize. To be honest, this is sort of a pipe dream, but I'm local too, and this looks like too good of an opportunity to pass up…
Old 01-10-2018, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
87 Porsche 944S track car

Garage
I would be interested in either a June or July date if you offer one.

Joel
Old 01-10-2018, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Introduction to engine rebuilding class......

Hi Tony,

Iím interested in session 1,2, or 3 for April...will be flying out from California. This class would really help me fix my 2.7 and get it back on the road. Please let me if you need anything from me i.e. deposit or waiver signed? Thanks, Saadi

08 Cayenne GTS, 02 996 turbo, 77 911s, 2014 Tundra Crewmax, 2017 Range Rover HSE

Last edited by Saadi996tt; 01-10-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Very curious about this idea, and am not that far away, so will think about attending. What kind of engine will be used as the example? Do you need an engine for the class? There was a class of transmission rebuilding over on the 914 Forum which I thought about attending, but then I sold my 914.
'99 MX-5
7 bicycles and a Metro Card...
Old 01-10-2018, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
… Just some food for thought on constructing your rebuild classes and the possible depth you may or may not want to go and yeah this may have been mentioned before but Bruce Anderson offered his rebuild classes out here in Ca back around 1999-2004 or so … it was based on somewhat of an overview type format approach highlighting the big picture with references to the details without getting into the weeds and the various applications thereof which if not completely detailed can often leave someone wanting to overhaul their engine a little on the hungry side in connecting all the dots and acquiring the necessary fine details to keep them out of trouble … believe our sponsor attended one of these multi-class forums Bruce offered then immediately set out afterwards and wrote a book on how to rebuild your 911 engine …

79 All steel wide body Targa / euro 915 oil cooled LSD / SSI's / RUF 8 & 10's / light flywheel plus other mods and upgrades

Last edited by antares; 01-10-2018 at 10:39 PM..
Old 01-10-2018, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares View Post
… Just some food for thought on constructing your rebuild classes and the possible depth you may or may not want to go and yeah this may have been mentioned before but Bruce Anderson offered his rebuild classes out here in Ca back around 1999-2004 or so … it was based on somewhat of an overview type format approach highlighting the big picture with references to the details without getting into the weeds and the various applications thereof which if not completely detailed can often leave someone wanting to overhaul their engine a little on the hungry side in connecting all the dots and acquiring the necessary fine details to keep them out of trouble … believe our sponsor attended one of these multi-class forums Bruce offered then immediately set out afterwards and wrote a book on how to rebuild your 911 engine …

Antares,

I read your post so many times and I still have no idea what you meant to say. It is 5 O’clock AM here in Philadelphia and I’m having a cup of milk. Quite early for me to be up this time because I usually get up around 8:00 AM. Maybe re-read your post again after a good night sleep. Thanks.

Tony

Last edited by boyt911sc; 01-11-2018 at 01:04 AM..
Old 01-11-2018, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Do you need more volunteers for Class 0?

Philly is only about an hour away for me. Never worked on a 911 before (water cooled 944 guy), but I find all our cars fascinating and I'm sure it would be a great learning experience.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Need local participants for Session 0.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waz951 View Post
Do you need more volunteers for Class 0?

Philly is only about an hour away for me. Never worked on a 911 before (water cooled 944 guy), but I find all our cars fascinating and I'm sure it would be a great learning experience.

Waz,

I will put your name in the list for Session 0. Please PM me your email address and full name for the Participantsí Directory. Thanks a lot.

Tony
Old 01-11-2018, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Garage
Participantís information.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Very interested in the second class local recommend hotel would be appreciated
Thanks
David

David,

PM me your email address and full name for the Directory. Sent you a PM and no response. Once I have completed the list of participants, I will forward the details including the address of the venue and nearby accommodation facilities. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Tony,

This is a great initiative on your part and I am interested in attending the late Apr dates (Session 3, 4) or during the July timeframe.

Bruce
Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

I am interested and am flexible on dates.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-11-2018, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by antares View Post
I’m quite sure Wayne’s book was done before he took the class.

Last edited by Rich76_911s; 01-11-2018 at 05:03 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Garage
… no it was not out before but no bad…. he took the class then wrote the book which neither implies nor has nothing to do with Tony's gig just stating facts … so keep your underwear on … but if you are gonna have to change them remember they go back on yellow to the front and brown to the back …. - dave btw: not intending on participating just commenting ….

79 All steel wide body Targa / euro 915 oil cooled LSD / SSI's / RUF 8 & 10's / light flywheel plus other mods and upgrades

Last edited by antares; 01-11-2018 at 10:37 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 10:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Hi Tony,

I am interested in any session as well. We have met and I am local. I do have an engine stand you can use.

I will send you an email tonight.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2018, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
All seats reserved already.........

As of this moment, all seats are reserved and taken already. Unless someone decided to cancel from Sessions 0/1/2. Then it will be offered to the next guy on the list. The names are listed chronologically as they made contact with me.

Next available class is Session 3 (April 26-27). There are already 3 names listed.

Session 4 (April 28-29)..........is cancelled. I need a break.

Tony
Old 01-12-2018, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Garage
Sent you an email Tony, please have a look. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyt911sc View Post
As of this moment, all seats are reserved and taken already. Unless someone decided to cancel from Sessions 0/1/2. Then it will be offered to the next guy on the list. The names are listed chronologically as they made contact with me.

Next available class is Session 3 (April 26-27). There are already 3 names listed.

Session 4 (April 28-29)..........is cancelled. I need a break.

Tony
Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Tony,

I'm interested in coming from Oklahoma whenever the dates work out. Also,

I have an '81 SC 3.0 that was running fine but discovered broken head studs when I went to adjust the valves. Would you want to make some arrangement to build that for a class!

Stu
Old 01-12-2018, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Tony's 9 year old grandchild's first 6-zylinder boxer engine build

https://youtu.be/fJgDr-zurHw

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbdWWADHIZ_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbdWIDpHBrM/

Just like his Lolo Tony. We are looking forward to attending your intro to rebuilding sessions while we are in Philly this summer break.

Allen
Old 01-13-2018, 01:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: