Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 1.31 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Update........Venue information.

The details for the Engine Rebuilding Classes was sent out tonight to all registered participants via emails. If anyone who registered earlier and did not receive the information please contact me @ ATD911@hotmail.com. A couple of email addresses failed to receive my email.

Few seats are still available for April 26-27 session. This would be the last session for the 2018 spring season. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-15-2018, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Emailed you since I didn't see anything in my mailbox.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
Typo.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waz951 View Post
Emailed you since I didn't see anything in my mailbox.

Dave,

I committed multiple typos when I sent out the information via email. You were not alone and corrected the spelling of the different email addresses with misspelled names. I resent one an hour ago. Please let me know if you receive it.

Anyone on the list of participants that have not received their invitation, send me a PM. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Same here, I sent you a msg a few min ago
Old 01-16-2018, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyt911sc View Post
"..................

Session 0: April 5-6
This would be the maiden seminar/class for 4 or 5 participants only.

Session I: April 12-13 (Thurs. & Fri.)..........probably 10 participants only.

Session II: April 14-15 (Sat. & Sun)...........probably 10 participants only.

Session III: April 26-27 (Thurs. & Fri.)

Session IV: April 28-29 (Sat. & Sun).

Summer classes: June and July (dates to be determined).................

Any questions, suggestions, or concern please let me know. Thanks.

Tony

Vincent,

Got no PM from you. I did not send an email to you because you did not select any date or schedule (see above schedule). Sessions I & II are fully reserved but not completely paid. There might be some seats available if I don’t receive the payment by the due date. If you are still interested, session III (April 26-27) has plenty of spots available. Or I could add you in Session O (April 5-6). Or put you name on the waiting list. PM me your email address and full name. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-17-2018, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that, I guess there was some miscommunication I responded to several of your emails with the first session chosen. Maybe my mail goes to your spam? coming from yahoo.com
Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Tony! Long time no see! I love your idea and determination for making this class a reality. A few people mentioned making some kind of video available, and I might be able to help with that. Sending you a PM to discuss further.

For reference, here's a short video I put together last Summer while I was vinyl wrapping my 911:
Old 01-17-2018, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Tony I was thinking more like a grand EACH for the class would be appropriate fo the wealth of knowledge obtained.

I think it would be well worth having it professionally recorded and released on DVD or other format. I would gladly pay for it as I am in another country and understand what the knowledge is worth.

Clive
2014 Nissan Murano (Audi Support Vehicle)
Old 01-17-2018, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
The details for the Engine Rebuilding Classes was sent out tonight to all registered participants via emails. If anyone who registered earlier and did not receive the information please contact me @ ATD911@hotmail.com. A couple of email addresses failed to receive my email.

Tony
I just sent you an email, as no correspondence received from you (April 14-15).

thanks

Jason
Old 01-17-2018, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
Undocumented User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscene View Post
Tony! Long time no see! I love your idea and determination for making this class a reality. A few people mentioned making some kind of video available, and I might be able to help with that. Sending you a PM to discuss further.

For reference, here's a short video I put together last Summer while I was vinyl wrapping my 911:
I wouldn't hire nobody wearing goofy pink shorts.

Nice video Benny, I like the impassioned delivery, nice watch. Where in PA?
Old 01-17-2018, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
Email addresses typos.........

Jason & John,

I am computer challenge and should have cut and paste the email addresses you have sent. Instead, I jot them down and gave them to my typist/wife/boss to help me send the emails. A simple typo could cause the email to fail and that what happened. I had about six (6) or more mistakes. I will send the revised emails tonight.

Ben,

There were several suggestions to video the sessions earlier and very nice of you to offer to do it. Your are the ideal person since you have done a good video of your vinyl wrap project and we are close neighbors. But I was advised not to have any video of the sessions for personal reason.

One of the motivation I am doing this project is to offer to the prospective participants to have hands on experience in engine rebuilding and meet new acquaintances. Share the techniques and methods gained over the years. I am an avid DIY’er and not a trained Porsche mechanic.

Tony
Old 01-17-2018, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Garage
Another typo.......

To All Participants,

The correct zip code for our venue is 19401. I failed to notice the wrong zip code (19402) on the emails I sent out. As of this moment, more than half of the registered participants have sent their fees. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-17-2018, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Tony,

I sent you a PM asking if I could call you by phone. I'm curious about the scope of what we'll be doing in 2 days time. For example, will the engine already be disassembled, cleaned, any machine work done, and ready with parts for assembly? Or will be be doing a tear-down and then assessing and doing what we can in the time available?

Thanks.

Stu
Old 01-18-2018, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren-TAG View Post
I wouldn't hire nobody wearing goofy pink shorts.

Nice video Benny, I like the impassioned delivery, nice watch. Where in PA?
Haha the shorts only get worse if you keep watching the series! I'm about a half hour west of Philadelphia and the next town over from Tony.

Quote:
Ben,

There were several suggestions to video the sessions earlier and very nice of you to offer to do it. Your are the ideal person since you have done a good video of your vinyl wrap project and we are close neighbors. But I was advised not to have any video of the sessions for personal reason.
No worries. Let me know if you change your mind! I may also reach out this spring as I have an idea for a video series spotlighting local DIY Porsche enthusiasts like yourself.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
Reminder...........

To All Registered Participants,

As of today, I have received more than 2 dozens payments via PayPal and a couple of checks. However, there are a few who have not responded nor sent their fees. Anyone who had registered and not received emails from me, please contact me. Otherwise, your reserved spot/s will be offered to people in the waiting list.

Several emails were sent in attempt to contact some of these registrants. One was traveling abroad and is not able to send his check until his return (noted). Others simply no response. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-20-2018, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Garage
Hi guys - let’s be sure and give Tony “Pelican courtesy” here. He’s doing much, much more than we all know to make this class happen for our community, and in my humble opinion should not have to chase $$. Then there’s also those folks who want in on the class, but couldn’t get a spot. If you need to get $$ in to Tony please do so, or let him know you are passing on the opportunity.

Thanks, Pelicans!
Quote:
To All Registered Participants,

As of today, I have received more than 2 dozens payments via PayPal and a couple of checks. However, there are a few who have not responded nor sent their fees. Anyone who had registered and not received emails from me, please contact me. Otherwise, your reserved spot/s will be offered to people in the waiting list.

Several emails were sent in attempt to contact some of these registrants. One was traveling abroad and is not able to send his check until his return (noted). Others simply no response. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Garage
Last call......

The following sessions:

April 5-6
April 12-13
April 14-15
April 26-27

Are all fully booked but some seats are still not paid by the registrants. In order to secure your seats, the fees should be received on or before the deadline (Jan. 25). These are the names of registrants that need to settle their fees:

VincentVega
74TT
ReachMe
Maclaren-TAG
Slanski62
LowFat
WebbArmory
STU 1779

I sent several emails and some never replied and some did. There are some members in the waiting list and eager to join but no available spot to offer. I do not want too many participants in a given session. The lesser the better so people will have more hands on time tinkering the engine during teardown and assembly. Right now, I am satisfied with the numbers of paid participants in each session.

Depending how this April sessions turned out, there might be a summer session either in June or July 2018. And I will be focusing on my preparation and presentations and do a couple of practice runs. See you guys in the spring..........

Tony

Last edited by boyt911sc; 01-23-2018 at 06:30 AM..
Old 01-22-2018, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

Tony,

I am in for the next available seat class.

Thanks

Don
Old 02-25-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

DMD77911S

Garage
Tony hello from Lexington Kentucky, I am very interested and could make time for any class if you have any spots available, please let me know I also sent an email . Thanks Dale
Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Garage
April 2018 Introduction Engine Rebuilding Sessions.....

All available seats are taken. I had decided to have a smaller number of participants for each session to give individuals more hands on time. You won’t be an expert after attending these sessions but you will be more prepared to do your next engine rebuild with confidence and less anxiety.

Tony
Old 02-25-2018, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: