Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 1.31 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
TH

count me in

I would attend. Currently trying to rebuild a '72 2.4L and upgrade to 2.7L
Old 01-07-2018, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
TH

Tony - I will attend. Let me know when and where.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Motor Rebuilding class

Tony,
If your looking for a place to hold the class ,The Boyertown auto museum would rent us the place for 3 days to put on an Air-cooled BMW boxer motorcycle Super tech classes for years. They could comfortably handle 40 50 participants in three different classrooms.
If this is of interest, it Might be worth a look to host your class at the museum.
Their set up would also probably allow for spinning up an engine if need be.

The Motel 6 and Comfort Inn housed out-of-town guests, and there is also a great unstuffy Contry club restaurant/ called Lamasarea for a Saturday night Banquet, or a super mexican place close by as well.
The Simone Auto museum in Philly by the airport may also be an option.

FYI
Bruce
Old 01-07-2018, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyt911sc View Post
Evan,

I am planning to have a couple of sessions in June or July. A member from Germany has expressed interest to attend. Do you have a specific date in mind? The enrollment has gone beyond my expectation. To accomodate the growing numbers of participants, I have to move the venue to a bigger and spacious facility.

Tony
Tony, I'll have to let you know. It will depend on when I can coordinate some business in the US at the same time. I will definately be over in late August though (after the 20th) so depending on your schedule maybe that could work.

In any case, I'll definitely be in the class at some point!
Old 01-07-2018, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Seeking a suitable and affordable venue....

Bruce,

I will call them tomorrow and make an inquiry. As of today, we would need four (4) consecutive days (April 12-13 & 14-15). I am also checking with the local community centers around the area. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tony
Old 01-07-2018, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
87 M491 , 59 Conv D

Garage
Myself and another are interested and plan to attend. We talked about it today at lunch and will lock in a date later this week once we check our work calendars.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Hi Tony, thanks for putting this together I'm very interested in attending. I'm in California and would fly out for this in April.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

I am in and I am local. Tony, please let me know if you need any assistance in setting this up.

kflounders at comstar-usa.com
Old 01-08-2018, 03:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
911Vintage

Garage
I'm in!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

tony,
Excellent idea. good luck with this new venture.
regards,
al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669,
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 01-08-2018, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
Invitation........

Quote:
Originally Posted by al lkosmal View Post
tony,
Excellent idea. good luck with this new venture.
regards,
al

Al,

I am still negotiating for a suitable conference room to make this venture a reality. Hoping that I could overcome this problem in a day or two. I like to extend an invitation to you but I can not afford to cover your plane fare to Philadelphia. You would be an ideal guest speaker. You were one of the guys who gave me encouragement when I in trouble getting the engine to run. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-08-2018, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyt911sc View Post

June 2018 sessions: No specific schedule yet.

Tony
This is a great initiative, well done Tony!

I will be in Portland Maine for business the week of June 11, if by any chance you have a session the week-end before or the week-end after, I would be very interested in joining!

Any specific prerequisites?

Thx,
Fabrice
Old 01-08-2018, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Hi Tony,

Great Idea! I'm in too! (From Lexington, KY). I have a buddy who is also interested, depending on the dates.

Kind Regards,

-David
Old 01-08-2018, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Update.......

Still trying to finalize the contract for the venue. I have been looking at meeting rooms with 12 seats. The meeting room rental is between $300 to $400 a day. Even inquired with the local community centers, firehouses, churches, etc. nobody could guarantee the availability of the facility for the dates we need. Except the local hotels with private meeting rooms. Right now, I have two good prospects for the venue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Session 0: April 5-6
This would be the maiden seminar/class for 4 or 5 participants only. Preferably local guys. I will need volunteers from the session I participants which I will contact once the venue is finalized.

Session I: April 12-13 (Thurs. & Fri.)..........probably 10 participants only.

Session II: April 14-15 (Sat. & Sun)...........probably 10 participants only.

Session III: April 26-27 (Thurs. & Fri.)

Session IV: April 28-29 (Sat. & Sun).

Summer classes: June and July (dates to be determined later).

Note:
All participants are required to sign a waiver which is being prepared by a professional with a doctorate degree for FREE. She charges $500 per hour of her time (donating it) to save me for any liability in case someone gets injured during the course. A copy will be sent to each participant.

Any questions, suggestions, or concern please let me know. Thanks.

Tony

Last edited by boyt911sc; 01-09-2018 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-09-2018, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

I would be in for this as well. Coming up from Louisville and pretty much any of the dates would work for me, just whenever there's a spot.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Tony,
If you decide to video this class, I can make DVD copies for anyone that is interested. I have a DVD duplication business ( Video Operations Myrtle Beach, SC ) and can turn out as many copies as you may need. I have been transferring video ( VHS, Beta, 8mm, Mini DV, etc ) since the 80's. I think what you are doing with this class is much needed and though it will probably be more work than you ever envisioned, I know everyone on the forum applauds your effort. Phil
Old 01-10-2018, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Undocumented User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayPawn View Post
Tony,
If you decide to video this class, I can make DVD copies for anyone that is interested. I have a DVD duplication business ( Video Operations Myrtle Beach, SC ) and can turn out as many copies as you may need. I have been transferring video ( VHS, Beta, 8mm, Mini DV, etc ) since the 80's. I think what you are doing with this class is much needed and though it will probably be more work than you ever envisioned, I know everyone on the forum applauds your effort. Phil
I think that's a great idea, however to run a class and also shoot quality video is adding stress to what should be a very involved process geared to those attending the classes.

A video should be independent, allowing the verbal commentary to be edited, precise and coincide with the video images. To do this real time would probably be detrimental to both the video content and the class content.

Divide and conquer!

BTW Tony, the more I think of this the more excited I get of the opportunity you're giving us. Thank you
Old 01-10-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

I am in for either Session 1 or 3 in April.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

I'm interested. Happy to come from San Francisco.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Hi Tony. I am in Malvern PA and happy to be part of your maiden class and be a local resource for you. I cant be that far away. I will PM you too. I have a 71 911 motor I am planning to go through so this timing is perfect.

Thanks Jason
Old 01-10-2018, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: