Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 912 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Wow that's almost too cheap to justify doing it myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerpaul View Post
Sent my pedal assembly out to get refurbished by fellow Pelicaner Bruce Stone (Bruce 914)... worth every penny! Came back looking like a work of art!

<< Thank you for you inquiry.

Cost is $ 215 including return shipping. I accept checks or paypal. They can be mailed in a large flat rate UPS box for $ 15. You have to remove the upper clutch pedal.
Bruce>>>

Paul

BEFORE

AFTER
Old 09-21-2017, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
912E #444

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to racerpaul
excactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans65 View Post
Wow that's almost too cheap to justify doing it myself!
That's just what I thought! You'll feel justified when it comes back all shiny and better than new! I spent more time than I'd admit just staring at it and going vroooom vrooom...lol

Paul
912E #444 Former Formula 2000 / Formula Ford piloto.
"Butzi"

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-912-technical-forum/397159-912e-newbie-how-am-i-doin.html
Old 10-02-2017, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Messed around last night a little, put on my new (used) flag mirror to replace the cracked one then cleaned off the engine number and compared it to my owners manual which, to my surprise, wasn't the original engine! Wonder what happened in its relatively short life to merit an engine replacement hmmmm....

Looks like someone was messing around in here at some point but everything seems to be present and accounted for.

My fun personalized tag and an old PCA badge I got from another car

Old 10-18-2017, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Pulled the pedal assembly this evening, expected a fight but the kroil made easy work of it. The nut for the footboard didn't even resemble a nut at this point but it came right off amazingly!

Vacuumed a ton of little mouse collections out of this area, just need to prep it for some black POR and wait until I have time to rebuild the pedal assembly.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Back from powdercoating, assembling today.

If anyone needs this done PM or email me I can extract your clutch roll pin, blast and powdercoat everything and reassemble with brass bushings for $260 including return shipping. I enjoy this kind of stuff!

Ryanhoover2003@yahoo.com
Old 11-09-2017, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Old 11-10-2017, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Need to get in here with some spray 9 and clean it out, lots of mouse droppings but otherwise pretty clean.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Not sure why all my pictures are sideways and I'm not very computer savvy so for anyone watching this I'm sorry!
Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

My spare rear calipers cleaned up ok, Pistons look great despite being pretty seized in their bores. I went to install my swap meet found caliper rebuild kits and realized all I got was some random dust seals and two very dry looking piston seals. Lol. Oh well. Time to place a big order with Sierra Madre.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Pulled the front calipers off to rebuild

Pulled the crusty master cylinder

I need to put new rotors on the front so I pulled the Hubs off, will repack these bearings and install new wheel seals when it's time to reassemble.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Pulled my tank, boy was it nasty!

Got the front calipers rebuilt and installed, new master cylinder bolted on, hubs cleaned and bearings repacked, new rubber brake lines, pedal box rebuilt and installed. Now just have to do the rear and bleed! Was able to bolt the front wheels back on finally... the single cab in the background has taken up most of my work time.

Frunk sans tank

Old 04-09-2018, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Andy Bullen

Garage
Send a message via AIM to andybullen Send a message via Skype™ to andybullen
Nice work!
Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

First time out of the garage at Hershey yesterday, scored some seatbelts to replace my mouse chewed ones and some early rear Bumperettes.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Started on the rear brake refresh, everything coming apart nicely!

Old 04-22-2018, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Porsche Driver

Garage
What a find!

You are a lucky man to find such a beauty from a barn!

I own a similar chocolate brown 912e. Also a very original car except for the headlights that I swapped to the EU version (needed in EU) and the side striping, but still have the same brown original headlights with it. Nice to see there is another one being around in original condition.

FYI, If you ever consider to reupholster your seats then I would love to buy one seat (and likely the rest of the fromt seat material) as my seats have one incorrect bottom and didn't find a correct replacement anywhere yet so left it for now hoping I ever bump into it... so please do throw it away if you plan to redo it.. you'd make another 912e owner very happy!

Must admit I get jealous seeing you work on the project, as End of last year I bougt a second 912e, very low mileage, ( the car that was in magazine) original car in black and I am really keen to do some bits and pieces here an there to get it perfect but first need to finish of a alloy classic boat adventure which is my first non-car resto project and taking me much longer than I ever expected..

Enjoy your build! Will keep an eye on the progress and if you continue like this you'll have a beauty to cruise with.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Driver View Post
You are a lucky man to find such a beauty from a barn!
Thank you! You have two beautiful Porsches yourself! I love the bitter chocolate.

My seats are so dry that they crack extremely easy but I have no plans of pulling it apart just yet. Need to get it doing what it does best and that is driving before I worry about the aesthetics.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Pedal box back in, all rubber lines replaced, e brake cables replaced and shoes adjusted, brakes bled... It now has fully functioning brakes. Fuel tank is out for cleaning, meanwhile I will drain the oil and trans fluid, refill, put a new fuel filter on then see if she fires!

Brake bleed tip here: plug your brake reservoir overflow Hose when using a pressure bleeder! I think about 1 pint went through the brakes while the other four ended up on the garage floor! Let me scratching my head for a little while until I realized what I had done.

Still have to trim my new restoration design pedal board

Old 05-29-2018, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

got my fuel tank back from the cleaners

july 4th i am off work and ready to fire this thing up!

Old 07-01-2018, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

ran all the engine bay fuel lines today, changed the oil, drained the transmission, fixed a few broken wires but came up short attempting to start it because I was sent the wrong fuel filter.... has a M12 fitting on one end and a M14 on the other end... my original filter had M14 on both ends.... oh well still a productive day!

had to order an intake boot and another fuel filter.... should be ready to fire very soon!

some boring pics but this was after cleaning the engine bay a little and tearing out all the old saggy firewall sound deadening

Old 07-04-2018, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

since i am still waiting on my filter and intake boot i spent the day replacing what seemed like 7 miles of vacuum lines... feels good to have it all done though... some lines simply tore in half when i pulled on them

there is evidence of someone messing around with this motor and it was evident when i tried to turn it over today after putting in a fresh battery.... the solenoid ignition wire was on the wrong terminal which left me scratching my head but i figures it out and it turned over nice and strong... should be running this week OR it won't and the motor will be on the floor!

these are only half the lines i pulled!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: