Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

roll pin source

i want to replace the rear shift linkage bushing on my -6 tail shifter. it looks like i need to remove the "lock pin" (roll pin) that holds the selector to the shift rod, numbers 48 & 49 in the exploded view, http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/Parts/Pedals/shift_linkage_tail_big.htm

it looks like it's the same roll pin that's in the pedal cluster rebuilt kit. PP didn't have them and said they are NLA from porsche.

any ideas?

TIA!!

doug waters
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougwatersfotos/
Old 04-12-2003, 03:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Doug,
Try a FLAPs, I've gotten them there. Unless you need a gin-u-wine P-car part.

Paul

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 04-12-2003, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I would suggest a really good hardware store in your area, if you have one. I'm talking a real hardware store that carries rows of hard to find stuff.
They will have a better quality, bigger selection of stuff. Ideally, you're lloking for a pin that appears to have been "tucked" not one where the spit edges just meet . The tucked type pins are much stronger. You aren't likely to find those at any FLAPS, or even Home Depot, or Lowes.
Don
Race a Porsche - There's more to life than left turns!
Old 04-12-2003, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

ein6er, if your search is fruitless, send me a private email w/ address and i'll pick up a couple of the triple rolled type at the place i got mine and i'll throw them in an envelope. replacing this tiny piece made an unbelievable dif in my tail shifter. if you go to a industrial type fasterner store you may have better luck.

kevin
Old 04-12-2003, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

PP, our host, should have the real McCoy.....the last one I bought was like...$1. It is metric...not english size. Get the correct one.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks for the info!!

hey paul .... i'm no CW!! (-:

bowlsby, PP said they didn't have them but i didn't ask if they were out of stock or just don't carry them.... hhmmm maybe i should call again.

i guess i could try weltmeister too.

kevin, thanks for the offer!! if all else fails i'll contact you.

thanks again!!

doug
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougwatersfotos/
Old 04-12-2003, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: