Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Monday (guest)

Hey I'm installing a rear shift trans in my 69 bug what's the way you would hook up the shifter rod can I cut where it connects to the rod and move it to the top I alreDy flipped the hub

Old 05-18-2014, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I haven't done this procedure. SO I can't be of much help I opened a post in our forums. A Pelican community member may be able to answer your question.

- Nick
Old 05-18-2014, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The easiest thing to do would be to find a nose-cone and selector from an early 911 or 912 gearbox. Those are more or less the same as the 914 box, but do not have the mounting ears (which may need to be cut off to fit in the Bug chassis anyway) and have the selector coming straight out the front, rather than out of the side like the 914 box does.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 05-18-2014, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You REALLY need to clarify what you have, what you've done and what you want to do. Having done this sort of thing, I may be able to help you. What "hub"?

The Cap'n
Old 05-18-2014, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I think the OP means he has flipped the diff from one side to the other.....kinda hope its set up right.
Wouldn't the tailshift box be better in this application,certainly would be easier to get the shift working nicely,I have seen an article on this and it used a 911 box.
The sheetmetal around the rear torsion bar tube needs a lot of cutting to get the box forward enough to get cv shaft alignment etc.
IMO a vw irs 4/speed with the right ratio's is a much cheaper/easier option or there is the 5/speed T25 box.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: