Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to jatabe Send a message via Yahoo to jatabe
Unhappy Loud sharp whistle within Vacuum system

Hello Folks.

My 944 N/A is having another temper tantrum. Aa a a a gh!!!!

There was this loud whistle which appeared to be coming from the vacuum check valve (I believe that is what its called). This valve is blue on one end and black on the other. One end has a Y piece.

I was advised to replace the vacuum check valve. I replaced both the Check valve and the Y piece. When ever I drive my car, the system starts this loud sharp whistle that I can hear even while my windows are closed.
I got home yesterday and disconnected the vacuum check valve and the whistling stopped then I reconnected it again(Note: the engine was still running while it did this). I got in the car again and after driving for a few minutes, the whistling started again.

Any ideas?

Last edited by jatabe; 10-14-2004 at 05:05 PM..
Old 10-14-2004, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Is this the check valve that is connected to the brake booster?

Check the hose that the check valve is connected to, look for cracks\hard spots\diconnection at or near a hose clamp.

Also, check the brake booster for a popped seam or a crack.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-14-2004, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to jatabe Send a message via Yahoo to jatabe
I believe the brake booster is at the far right corner as you look onto the engine from the front of the car.

This vacuum system I am refering to is almost to the center left side, with a blue and black check valve connected to a "Y" piece. One end of "Y" piece connects to a bi-disc-like object attached to the metal piece shilding the fuel rail. the other end, to another vacuum line that meets another "Y" piece.

Any ideas?

Old 10-15-2004, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: