Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
To Sell or Part or Keep : HELP

Well my other project is coming back home this weekend........and I am running out of space.

I am also realizing I can't drive all of them.

So what would you do?

The car in question. (See pics below)

Has been my daily driver. It has everything done to it..... I mean everything (even some turbo brakes thrown in for good measure). Extra NA tranny........a bunch of extra NA pieces. I can't begin to count all the new parts/pieces/seals. The engine was pulled every seal, bearing, roller.......etc replaced. The engine is basicly NEW.

The car runs great.

....... Now I am trying to decide what to do. I would love for this car to go to someone who would appreciate it for what it is. I would cringe to see someone trying to do some MAD Driftz yoh!

Options:

1. Sell: I know I would have to give it away. NA prices are OK but not outstanding. I don't mind letting it go at the right price to the right person..........but those are few and far in between.

2. Part it out: Now my brother in-law has space that we could dismantle and part this car out ....... It would be sad . The dollar value obtained would be much greater in the end......... and I could use some parts on my other one......

3. Keep it: I am not sure how viable it is. Space is an issue (major). I think parking it and not driving it would be a sadder end to this car.

So what should I do?

www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 04-01-2005, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rmills944 Send a message via Yahoo to Rmills944
Keep it or sell it - that's an awesome looking 944, and it'd be a shame to see one that beautiful parted out!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Hmm, what would you be asking for it?

Definately keep it. If you can't possibly keep it, then sell it. Please do not part a perfectly good running 944.

What is the other project, and how could you possibly drive it instead of your 944? :P

Buy my parts!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rmills : It would be a shame to part it out........ Thats my dilemna. The car has a perfect bottom end (that I would like to keep) ............and it would be a perfect candidate for a spare turbo block. .......... many pieces interchangeable with my Turbo as well. Control arms, power steering...........etc...

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero10
Hmm, what would you be asking for it?

Definately keep it. If you can't possibly keep it, then sell it. Please do not part a perfectly good running 944.

What is the other project, and how could you possibly drive it instead of your 944? :P
Zero......... are you starting a salvage yard ? hehehehehe

It is getting hard to find parking for 6 vehicles and two 944's just doesnt seem right. (Plus don't tell anyone but I am looking for a C4 or boxter S for a summer daily driver.)

A price for it is difficult to determine. I have seen NA's going from (in canadian dollars) 3000 (junkers) to 12000 (good examples). The car has 259 K kilometers on the clock but all the engine, brakes, wheels etc work has been done in the last 15 K.

The price on the vehicle is somewhere in there...... but if you know anyone looking for one of these in calgary let me know.

......... oh and here is the interior.

Old 04-01-2005, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

dont part that car, too nice. stuff it in the corner of your brothers garage for 20 years.....
87 924s....don't let the door hit ya
68 912.......see ya!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Absolutely do not part such a fine automobile. I would post it for sale and be very discriminating.

Maine 4x4 Club www.maine4x4.org
Old 04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
that is a very sweet ride. love the rims.

is that a stock cellular phone? lol

in order of preferrence:
1. keep it
2. sell it to an enthusiast
3. part it

'94 Oldsmobile 88 Royale (winter beater)

Its not what you drive, its what drives you.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

FINE FINE.............. I will try and sell it............ I will forget parting out for now.

I would love to sell it to someone who appreciates the car but I guess it will take some time.

P.S ........... yes its the original phone that works. I still use it as a second phone. Hands free.

..and if anyone knows someone looking for a great little car .......sniff......its for sale.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ilikemy944
DO NOT PART IT.
I may want it
why aren't you in the chatroom where I can ask you questions?

Current: '86 951 Sunroof Delete - '89 951 - '83 944 Spec - '08 Cayenne Turbo
Past: '88 924S Track - '86 944 16v - '87 951 - '87 951 - '88 951S - '08 Cayman S - '87 944 Track - '93 968
Old 04-01-2005, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Alex, if that was a turbo I would jump all over like flies to a dead body. Just from reading this list gives me the confidence in any car you sell.

I would have let you part mine in the deal. N/A for an N/A wouldn't work for me. Damn.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SlowToady
Ohmigod please don't part it out. That looks about 5 times nicer than my ride and I'd never even part MY car out.

Keep it. Drive it. Love it

Either that, or find the _right_ buyer for it. "For every seat, there's an ass.."

Great looking car.

Fakelife.com Nothing to do with archery anymore. Porsche/BMW/Ferrari/Honda videos
Old 04-01-2005, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

dont part it out. Other than that, do what you will. Loocks good my man, looks good.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to operationcougar
okay, i dont want you to part it out, but if you do for some freak reason let me be the first to say;

DIBBS ON THOSE WHEELS i love 'em

but seriosly keep it or sell it, there is a small enough number of these cars in my area for everyone else to be getting rid of the rest
z31 300zx vg30det+ (new money sucker)
Old 04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by zehnd
Alex, if that was a turbo I would jump all over like flies to a dead body. Just from reading this list gives me the confidence in any car you sell.

I would have let you part mine in the deal. N/A for an N/A wouldn't work for me. Damn.
You know zehnd..........

I still remember you have those beautiful BLACK SEATS I WANT.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ilikemy944
DO NOT PART IT.
I may want it
why aren't you in the chatroom where I can ask you questions?
Brad.......... you are starting a Salvage yard as well ? Heehehehehe

I haven't been in the chatroom lately (busy).........but today I brought something RED home.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
I'm not starting a salvage yard, but every time somebody says they're considering parting a car, I feel an urge to buy it, just to keep it from getting parted out. If I had my way, I'd be miles in debt, with 15 944's.
Good thing reality steps in before I buy them all.

Buy my parts!
Old 04-02-2005, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Question 2 part or not 2 part

Your 994 is beautiful and I am split on your decision.

a) for us proud 944's, we love to see them actually on the road and in great condition

b) should you decide to part it, that's one less on the road and that decision will eventually raise the value of your fellow 944's.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I would have to say keep it. If your willing to have it sit in a garage for a few years waiting to be completely parted, just keep it in the same spot, DONT PART IT, and enjoy it down the road.

I am in the process of restoring my 1983 944. Mine is not in horrible condition, but I have taken the proper procedures to make it mechanically sound over the last 2 years. Now it will undergo cosmetic surgery. You are at the point that I am trying to achieve.

Ruben
Old 04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Wow, that NA is toooo NICE to just part out, Keep it or sell it to the right person, Hey if you can find a person to buy it, you can just give it to me....
Old 04-15-2005, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
but today I brought something RED home.

And why are there NO pics posted??????????????

I still have an extra turbo block btw.....if your interested.
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 04-16-2005, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf1
And why are there NO pics posted??????????????

I still have an extra turbo block btw.....if your interested.
hehehehe

They are coming..............

Most of the interior is back in........... I have been working on it a couple hours each day.

: things that are done
- engine completed and starts
- all interior pieces installed, door panels etc....
- 968 handles and mirrors in.
- components installed front and back
- boost guage and egt installed on pillar pod
- re-wired SMT-6, wideband, AVC-R. (UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF WIRING)

: things left to do
- secure and install my oil catch can (actually it has been difficult next to do no room left in this engine bay)
- install headlight assembly (not looking forward to this)
- front bumper (and hardware) + new lip
- all the underbody panels
- troubleshoot my guage cluster looks like an 87+ has an engine light that the 86 does not and its acting funky. So gonna have to fix these. Read the schematics so they are different.
- secure testpipe
- and last but not least......... need a hood pin for the alarm.

I am sure I have missed a number of little things but it is coming along.

.......... and yes I think I want that block. Talk to you in chat.

-----------------

In regards to my daily driver.
I don't know if I want to sell it now. I have been having second thoughts. I think I will wait until this other one is finished..........
Old 04-17-2005, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: