Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

New B+B headers and overboost

My shop installed B+B headers and also a zork pipe last week. Since then, my wastegate dump pipe has remained silent. It used to bleed all boost at 1 bar exactly, and now it seems that my wastegate literally is not dumping pressure at all. I saw a boost spike a couple times and after that I kept my foot off the throttle after 1 bar was achieved. I have driven the car several miles and saw no signs that the wastegate worked even once to dump pressure.

I am wondering what could have gone wrong with the install. I thought they just bolted the crossmember pipe up to the wastegate without touching anything. When they tuned the CIS, they removed the intercooler and replaced it.

This seems like the wastegate is simply dead. Not just standard overboost because of new headers and then pressure bleeds, but overboost and no response at all, no release at the dump pipe.

I will probably go to a Tial wastegate. Just want to know if anyone has an opinion on what went wrong before I talk to the shop. Thanks!

Last edited by DDDD; 07-21-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Old 07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Is the tube from the IC to the wastegate connected? They could have not re-installed it (I've made that mistake..oops). There should be two lines coming from your wastegate, one is a vent and goes to atmosphere, the other goes to the IC.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 07-21-2007, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
My thoughts exactly, they forgot to reconnect the boost signal to the wastegate. Glad you caught it before hurting your engine!
Old 07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

I answered in your rennlist post...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-21-2007, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by sand_man
I answered in your rennlist post...
Yeah, I couldn't resist the old double post a question trick! LOL.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: