Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Authentic SOW Type F Steering Wheel Offered NOS

-
New old stock Type F steering wheel offered in the parts for sale section:

FS Genuine Special Wishes SOW Type F Steering Wheel NOS Black Leather

-
Old 06-28-2017, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1181 (permalink)

Images From Special Wishes Catalogs:

-

-
Old 06-29-2017, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1182 (permalink)

Hey fellow Porsche people, I have a fun one for you 505 owners.

I have the original manuals with window sticker, sale documents, radio docs, and much more documentation for a 1988 Porsche 930 turbo 505 car that was stolen from my step dad downtown Chicago in the late 80s. I even have dealer booklets for advertising.

The 930 was black with red lipstick interior and if my story is correct, it was used in the Frankfurt Auto Show and 1 of 1, but I cannot validate. I no longer have the dyno sheets, but the car dynoed at 612 horsepower and it was wicked fast at a 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. Sold at Lynch Porsche in Chicago.

I ran a carfax years ago (2005) and it was recovered after being stolen and was in CA at the time. I wanted to reach out to see if any one of you had this car, or have heard of this car at one point, or own it.

Original VIN off widow sticker: WP0JB0931JS050505

It has a new VIN assigned after being stolen, but if anyone has heard of such a car, shoot me a PM! It's been a dream of mine to find it. Thanks, everyone.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1183 (permalink)

I'm looking for original slats or even copies of the originals. If anybody has any.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1184 (permalink)
madturk

WTB original steering wheel for 1988 UK flatnose turbo same as the picture attached. If anyone can help please feel free to email me on andrewtilan@email.com. Thanks.

Last edited by Andrew Tilan; 07-23-2017 at 05:22 AM..
Old 07-23-2017, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1185 (permalink)

Hy everyone,

I would like to buy a set of slantnose fenders, I prefer an original set,
but can consider steel replicas but with round headlamps.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1186 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa911 View Post
I'm looking for original slats or even copies of the originals. If anybody has any.
I fabricated mine from scratch. Several plywood prototypes later, I had a pattern. Compound curves and angles with conical shapes - not easy. Took me about 2 weeks to get the patterns done. then I milled down pieces of phenolic lab tops (black) to around 10-12mm. The phenolic resin tops are heat, chemical and uv resistant. After fitting - I painted these satin black. Looks like the real deal.

Just giving you an alternate
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S
Old 07-23-2017, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1187 (permalink)

FS: Slant nose fenders
Old 07-23-2017, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1188 (permalink)

Opinion question:
I've posted pics of my 82, Hammerhead slant. So, it has the old Clifford alarm system. Maybe high tech then, not now! The remote I have (one is "lost") is just about shot. I do drive the Hammer occasionally, but the fear of it being stolen is VERY low. Plus, there seems to be a "short" somewhere as it draws WAY too much. Here is the question: Strip out the alarm system, leaving the key pad for the "original" look? Leave it on the car, but disconnect all the parts leaving it "original" but nonfunctional? As a side note, I have no problems with starting, etc, I just don't EVER set the alarm. It's garaged in (as my wife calls it) the Stalag! Bolted garage doors, alarms, the works.
Side question: the original radio (Blaupunkt Frankfort) was removed by an idiot relative in the car's history and tossed. Replaced with nasty, ugly Kenwood. Anyone know a source for the old Blaupunkt? I don't drive it for the radio (the engine sound is the best) and don't care if it is in working condition. Just want the original back in.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2thDOC View Post
Opinion question:
I've posted pics of my 82, Hammerhead slant. So, it has the old Clifford alarm system.
Here is the question: Strip out the alarm system, leaving the key pad for the "original" look?

Side question: the original radio (Blaupunkt Frankfort) was removed by an idiot relative in the car's history and tossed. Replaced with nasty, ugly Kenwood. Anyone know a source for the old Blaupunkt? Just want the original back in.

Thanks!
I would strip out the system leaving the keypad. If I remember correctly, some installers screwed them to the dash mounting point next to the ignition.

Blaupunkt Frankfort radios show-up from time to tome on Ebay.

Good luck!
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 07-29-2017, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1190 (permalink)
mystery slant in for sale section

CA 82 930 Turbo Slant Nose

This car has been all over the internet and has intrigued me. I at one point even bought a flight to go look at in Arizona when it was being sold by its previous owner. I cancelled the flight based on the seller being uncooperative in assisting to prove it was a real factory slant and the few things that he did attempt to do only further validated that it was a fake. Several of you guys on here that I would consider PROS assisted me in determining it to be a non-factory conversion and I even had someone look into the VIN at Porsche and they said not a real factory slant. However it can be seen here on Pelican with its COA stating slant nose in its factory options? My first red flag is the pop up headlamps. Were those even optional in '82 or not until '83? Every other '82 Ive seen has the rectangular quad lamps in the bumper and its been rumored that only 10 '82s exist despite the factory originally claiming 32 or 36. What do you guys think?
Old 08-17-2017, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1191 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Just going by the visuals, it doesn't look authentic. Those flush mounted fog lights were never fitted to factory slantnoses. Can't tell from the pic if the factory oil cooler is present in the valance grill opening. Factory never had open front oil cooler grill. The CoA could be a counterfeit copy. On one eBay listing some years ago, the seller posted the CoA and I could see where the word "slantnose" was pasted over a lesser option. I could see the shadow of the pasted strip when the photocopier scanned it. So, IMHO,............
[IMG][/IMG]
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-17-2017, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1192 (permalink)

This is my car. I have not been able to confirm factory authenticity but here's what I do know from the extensive research I've done on this particular car:
Original owner's family recalls the car being imported in 1982 as a slant nose - the conversion was done in Germany.
Porsche COA is legit - no copy and paste. I have the original COA.
Conflicting info from Porsche but Marc Noack did not confirm this as a factory job. Could not answer why it is classified as a factory job on the COA, but it is.
I am not claiming in my for sale ad that this is a factory car because I do not have definitive proof that it is.
The fenders are steel - factory undercoating present in rear fenders - oil cooler is in front grill - headlights are different than other factory jobs - side air slats do not appear to be wood

Whether or not this is a factory conversion, it is beautiful and near immaculate. It drives fantastically and passed rigorous inspection, needs nothing. A true dream car for me to be able to have owned - poster car from my childhood! Of course, the car gets a ton of attention at C&C.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1193 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline six View Post
This is my car. I have not been able to confirm factory authenticity but here's what I do know from the extensive research I've done on this particular car:
Original owner's family recalls the car being imported in 1982 as a slant nose - the conversion was done in Germany.
Porsche COA is legit - no copy and paste. I have the original COA.
Conflicting info from Porsche but Marc Noack did not confirm this as a factory job. Could not answer why it is classified as a factory job on the COA, but it is.
I am not claiming in my for sale ad that this is a factory car because I do not have definitive proof that it is.
The fenders are steel - factory undercoating present in rear fenders - oil cooler is in front grill - headlights are different than other factory jobs - side air slats do not appear to be wood

Whether or not this is a factory conversion, it is beautiful and near immaculate. It drives fantastically and passed rigorous inspection, needs nothing. A true dream car for me to be able to have owned - poster car from my childhood! Of course, the car gets a ton of attention at C&C.
In 1982 it shouldnt be on the COA? Should it? Maybe thats what you are questioning as well. Other '82s should are authenticated with documents from Sonderwunsche. Im thinking the only way it could end up on the COA on this early of a car is by proving to Porsche through documents that it was done at Werk 1. How about the issue of the flip up lights? Was that even an option in '82?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1194 (permalink)

These are some of the questions I posed to Porsche that have not been adequately answered. In my research, the Slant Nose verbiage on the COA didn't happen until 1986... Porsche has been very vague with me - not giving definitive answers either way. Same thing with the headlights, they just said that in the early stages, they didn't use consistent parts for all of the SW cars and that it is not uncommon to see variations between the builds. Again, not confirming or denying if this car was actually built at the factory. I do know that the conversion was done in Germany in 1982 but have not found out what other shops, if any, were performing these conversions in Germany other than Werks I. Unfortunately, the original owner is no longer around to answer where he had the car built.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1195 (permalink)

STRAIGHT FROM PORSCHE COA : VIN WP0ZZZ93ZCS000332 does not have the slant nose option at the time of production. We only list zero's on COA's, not O's. The option this COA refers to as a slant nose is actually Equipment for West Germany.

No, there is no slant nose option on this vehicle. The option number 499 refers to Equipment for West Germany. This COA reflects that option incorrectly as a slant nose.

The COA posted is a FAKE. Someone removed / photoshopped 499 (Equipment for West Germany) option and put Slant nose.

FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1196 (permalink)

Thank you, turbotoo.
My VIN does not have an O, only zeroes. I have the actual physical COA in my possession, not a digital copy that has been photoshopped or otherwise altered. I own and have owned many Porsches and this COA is exactly the same as my others. I verified with Porsche NA and Porsche that they have the slant nose option listed in this car's records - I have not verified what information they had to include that as an option as I have no supporting paperwork. The COA correctly lists Equipment for Germany as an option.
Of course the car does not have the slant nose option at the time of production as that wasn't an option to list at time of production. We all know that the only slant nose cars came through the Special Wishes program. No cars that I have found have the slant nose option in production prior to 1986. The COA is not from 1982 - it was issued at some time after and obviously Porsche had enough information, either from the then-current owner or in their own records, to add Slant Nose to the options list. This is the most perplexing thing about this car...

I in no way want to portray this car as something it's not as I am trying to sell it. I have a good reputation in my small circle of SoCal car-folk acquaintances and would like to keep that. I have, however, spent many hours researching this and trying to get the answers about this car's provenance and there is no 10-minute definitive answer.

I have found that whether or not this car was converted to slant nose in Werks I, it was done in Germany in 1982 and I have not found information about any other shops that were performing these conversions in Germany at that time. The conversion is very well-done and the car is solid and beautiful and has passed the test of time.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1197 (permalink)

OK I went through this same headache when I had my '83 popup slantnose.

Here's the thing...whether or not the old COA is fake doesn't matter at all! It isn't worth the paper it's written on when it comes to Werk 1 slantnoses up to 1986. PCNA had no access to Werk 1 records until very recently when they were found at the factory. This was soon after I sold my 1983. Marc Noack at Porsche Classic also has access to these records and if he verified it was a slantnose then I'd trust him over some old COA.

What inlinesix needs to do is call the PCNA COA department and tell them the COA he has is in error, as the 499 code does not match the "slantnose" option, but is a code for German market.
Specifically ask that they check with Porsche Classic in Germany to determine if it was done in house as this is not something they normally do. I think it is Marc who does this for them on request, he will provide the correct info, and boom they will mail you a correct COA. They should do this for free due to their code error.

Yes this is a delay and a hassle, but if you want 6 figures for a car like this, very necessary! I would also print the email from Marc as further proof. Without doing this, the collectors will always be in doubt with that incorrect slant nose code on an old COA.

As for a 1982 Werk 1 slant having popups AND fender gills? Highly unlikely...they were added as an option in 1984. I have not ever seen a 1983 or older slant with popups and gills. All 1983s with popups (they did still make hammerheads too) I've seen are flat behind the headlamps, and all 1982 and older I've seen are the hammerhead design with no popups.

I compiled all my research into a .pdf which has a ton of details about these special cars. It's now on version 1.2

My 930 Slantnose guide v. 1.0 available for download

Last edited by G60SuperCharger; 08-18-2017 at 11:20 AM..
Old 08-18-2017, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1198 (permalink)

Here's my '83 for comparison...I sure do miss her.

It's also very suspect to me that the car seems to have zero other Sonderwunsch options. That is VERY uncommon as people who spent the coin for the conversion wanted custom options. Perhaps it was theft recovered and/or was converted to the newer gilled look later in the 80s to modernize it?

More pics: https://goo.gl/photos/MEACdP3a1K9kWiS78

Compare my rear fender vents to his...the vent opening should follow the wheel opening exactly. Either it's been seriously molested or it's not a factory slant.

Last edited by G60SuperCharger; 08-18-2017 at 11:20 AM..
Old 08-18-2017, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1199 (permalink)

Thank you G60SC for the helpful posts!
Love your old car - what a beauty!
Old 08-18-2017, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1200 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: