Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Lowered correctly...finally!

Hey all,

Tried to do this as a last winter project, but life got in the way. As some of you know, I'm running a rather low stance car, so this was long over due.

Anyhooo..Just installed 40mm raised front spindles, bump steer kit {with added support bracket} and Von shocks front / rear, with new ball joints for good measure.

Shocks and strut modifications and bump steer kit through Elephant Racing {Chuck is great}, very quick turn around on parts, with perfect implementation.
Ball joints from our host.

Cursory ride to the alignment shop, was very encouraging, way better ride, better bump compliance. The cars front suspension does not seem to be fighting the rear suspension anymore either. Before the car tended to pogo front to rear a bit, and I had a lot of rear patter over pavement seams & such.

I will give you all a better update, after I pick up the car from the alignment shop this afternoon. Should be a fun drive home tonight.

Suspension particulars:
23/30mm torsion bars, 22mm Tarett frt. & rear sways, Wevo rear sway mounts, strut tower brace, Rebel racing frt. & rear bushing systems, 40mm raised spindles, bump steer kit, Von shocks, 17 x 8.5 frt., 18 x 11 rear Fikse 5s running 255's/295's B.F.G-KDW's

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 06-09-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
good info! I am starting down that road now (albeit a little higher, but not much). Starting with Von shocks in rear, as soon as the motor is back in..........well, the rest comes .
Old 06-06-2013, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Update,

Did a full 4 wheel alignment & corner balance while I was there at the alignment shop.

Between the parts upgrade and the corner balance, that was certainly money very well spent!

Car is way more composed, allowing greater confidence to drive much, much faster....just what I needed.....sheezzz.

The car simply tracks like it is on rails, no more dancing around.

Mark
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

How does the steering feel with the raised spindles?

Pictures of the new stance would be nice to compare; in your case it could not be any lower so...
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Wtf, no pics with the new hardware?
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
Wtf, no pics with the new hardware?
Um...yea...what he said...pics por favor..
Old 06-06-2013, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Well I guess I'm in the dog house now....

Did not take any pic.'s of installing the parts, I'm sorry. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever posted pictures of any modifications that I've done. Some peoples kids........you buy em books & send em to school, and what do you get...sheezzz.

I just get down to doing the work as I always do. Non-stop from start to finish, until it's done. In this case took 2 hours to tear the front apart, waited a week for parts to get turned-around, then 4 hours to put the front all back together and a 1/2 hour for the rear shocks.

The ride height is exactly the same as before, only now it has the correct geometry to the suspension, as the Doctor designed it.

I will try to wash the old girl this weekend, then snap a shot, to quell the angry mob so to speak.

*Miguel* The steering feels great, same exquisite road feel & feed back, just no longer twitchy. Far less tug & pull of the wheel when going over rising or falling road crowns & undulations.

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 06-06-2013 at 08:28 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

^^^ That's what I thought... I believe that became the top of my list.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Photo update.....
Old 06-08-2013, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
nice work

That is beautiful.

Rod
Old 06-08-2013, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

The perfect stance!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Wide body, molester.

Nice!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Oh yea...thats what I'm talking about...perfect!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Sweet! The stance looks great and I like the reflection of green tree leaves and blue sky and clouds in the hood.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Nice! Love the stance of your car, it's all just right.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
what kind of valving do your struts have ? Took my car out for the first track test at Sebring long track (OHHH .. what a ride that was ) and did I have some problems. This beast is all stock with just small adjustments and lots of miles. I just spent the last year putting it together after I bought it as a basket case . So just to drive it was fun to say the least . Lots of work still to do and reading all the posts sure helps to put a great package together . Any info on anti roll bars size and torrsion bar size would help .. Thanks guys for all the help
Old 06-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Thanks guys, and it's really cool when your money spent IS worth the money spent.

Kozmo930,

The Von shocks are valved to match the torsion bar sizes, through Elephant Racing.

If you look at the bottom of my opening statement for this thread. You will see that I noted all of the particulars & sizes of my suspension set-up.

Hope in some way it helps you out with your set up.

Mark
Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks I will give elephant a call Monday see what I can do ... Nice car by the way it does look good. Must be nice driving the back roads up Mt. Rainier . I lived in Bellevue for many years so the back roads I know are a blast to drive .
Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Stance Looks Great!!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

We need more pictures, Mark! You're such a tease!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: