Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Waste Gate Dump Pipe Routing

So I installed a dump pipe that I purchased from a fellow Pelicanite. My question is being that I am running stock exhaust I was only able to install it with outlet facing horizontal not downwards see below. Is that okay or do I need it to face down towards the ground? Thanks in advance with any info,

Old 04-08-2014, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Some hot exhaust is aiming at your quarter panel.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
For a street car that is fine as you are not on boost for long periods. I've run mine that way with no issues.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm930 View Post
So I installed a dump pipe that I purchased from a fellow Pelicanite. My question is being that I am running stock exhaust I was only able to install it with outlet facing horizontal not downwards see below. Is that okay or do I need it to face down towards the ground? Thanks in advance with any info,

I don't know... you'll be surprised of how much heat and a little blue flame (that you hardly see), that comes out of it quite a lot...
Old 04-08-2014, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
You could get a pair of pliers and bend the top just slightly so theres less chance of a bird flying there, or water? Or cut the ends a bit (like a flute) and depending on boost youll get diffeent sounding notes, i slit mine to play a B Minor because i like the star wars theme song and B Minor is the first note

Sorry if im not much help its seven in the morning here and this is the first post i read today
Old 04-08-2014, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: