Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Brew Master

Garage
The ammo shortage is getting out of hand!

I was out shopping for some 12 gauge 3" #1 Buck and couldn't find any available anywhere! The shelves were pretty much bare. Pheasant load, trap load, you name it... gone, didn't matter what gauge or chambering. I searched online and it looks like the 9mm mad scramble has now extended to shotgun ammo. Even the smaller caliber rifle stuff was empty .223, 22/250 etc. Oddly, plenty of .308 and 7mm. A friend told me .22 is getting scarce again. People need to calm down.

For now, the Coyotes are safe! But once I can find some 00 or #1, they're in deep trouble. Looks like the yote population around here is about to explode!

Old 02-21-2021, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I see you

CTD has Winchester 5.56 at nearly $2 / round! I'm not even practicing anymore.

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 02-21-2021, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
This is nuts! Last year when I was on my quest for 1000 rounds of 9mm, shotgun ammo was plentiful. Now, I'm looking for some loads for yote hunting and the shotgun ammo shelves are virtually bare everywhere I've gone. There's still some slug ammo available at a few stores but the shot loads were pretty much gone.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Hell Belcho

How much ammo do you usually keep on hand?

I just have a couple boxes of 12 gauge. have a few friends who get seriously tweaked if they dont have like a dump truck full of ammo.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Brew Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostril Cheese View Post
How much ammo do you usually keep on hand?

I just have a couple boxes of 12 gauge. have a few friends who get seriously tweaked if they dont have like a dump truck full of ammo.
I typically have 4-6 boxes of 6 shot for rabbit hunting. 2 boxes of 8 shot and buy my specialty stuff as needed.. BIG mistake
Old 02-21-2021, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

there is NOTHING on the shelves here
SCWDP
South East Region
Old 02-21-2021, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I guess no spoon food for a while.

I should probably buy one of those laser snap caps with the target that connects to your phone.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Fastrrrrrrrr!

Garage
You're a fool if you burn up all your ammo right now. Always keep a reserve.

It's like the toilet paper hysteria.
Until Biden and the democrats come clean on their intentions, it will continue.

Last edited by The Synergizer; 02-21-2021 at 10:57 AM..
Old 02-21-2021, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

having a heck of time finding20 GA 6 and 7-1/2 game loads. Have another hunt coming up and have been keeping an eye peeled.
69 Chevrolet C-20 Longhorn (family heirloom)
Old 02-21-2021, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

I would like to get my hands on some cheap .30-06 simply because I enjoy shooting my deer rifle, but c'est la vie. I have enough hunting ammo to last the rest of my life.

I actually read an article about the shortage. There were interviews with major manufacturers. They are producing as much as possible, but everyone is in full panic buying mode right now, and it creates a self fulfilling prophecy. People walk in and see empty shelves, and buy anything they can get their hands on at any price, even if they don't need it. I guess there are guys sitting out there with 500 rounds of buckshot. WTF are you going to do with it?

Last edited by HardDrive; 02-21-2021 at 09:00 AM..
Old 02-21-2021, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

The ammo aisle at a one of the Walmarts near Montgomery, Ala. just now. I thought I was going to shoot some sporting clays today. I guess not.

2009 Element
2013 Volt
Old 02-21-2021, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Why keep it locked if it is empty?
Old 02-21-2021, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

I wondered the same thing but there was no one to ask at the counter that’s just out of frame. In fact, it looked like that counter hadn’t seen any business for a while based on all junk piled on it.
2009 Element
2013 Volt
Old 02-21-2021, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Retail shelves have been bare for a while. Inventory pops up once in a while, but it's gone in minutes. You gotta buy in bulk online and sign up for the email alerts when stuff comes in.

BTW, how is CTD still in business? Their prices have always completely sucked and, during a panic buy, they are always the first to jack prices up to the stratosphere, even canceling existing orders at lower prices, so they can sell the stuff they already have in stock for even more. I wouldn't shop there unless I knew they'd lose money on me. Eff them. They should get sued just for having an Orwellian name that's always been the opposite of the truth.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Wetwork

Garage
The stuff is still getting produced but like during the last famine, its getting snapped up as soon as the pallet-jack rolls out. They don't even bother putting it on the shelves in a lot of sporting good stores around here. A whole pallet of misc. gone in a few hours.

So there's this app...I won't divulge too much but it's called Discord. Some sort of chat new gen wierdness, far too advanced for me. I use it for one reason and one reason alone. Getting powder primers and bullets. On this app, find reloading, then in-stock notification. I couldn't explain how to do it I had a kid set up my phone. I've gotten stuff ordered and delivered during this famine from the big online stores. I get notified at all hours, day or night.-WW
Old 02-21-2021, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
Why keep it locked if it is empty?
So the lock doesn't get stolen 😁
Old 02-21-2021, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabmando View Post
I was out shopping for some 12 gauge 3" #1 Buck and couldn't find any available anywhere! The shelves were pretty much bare. Pheasant load, trap load, you name it... gone, didn't matter what gauge or chambering. I searched online and it looks like the 9mm mad scramble has now extended to shotgun ammo. Even the smaller caliber rifle stuff was empty .223, 22/250 etc. Oddly, plenty of .308 and 7mm. A friend told me .22 is getting scarce again. People need to calm down.

For now, the Coyotes are safe! But once I can find some 00 or #1, they're in deep trouble. Looks like the yote population around here is about to explode!
Ahh why do ya think this is going on?

"Some Observer"
Old 02-21-2021, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I keep about 1k rounds of 9mm and .223, but have about 2.5k of 22.

I was looking at Palmetto State Armory and .223 was $8xx for 1k rounds.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I keep about 1k rounds of 9mm and .223, but have about 2.5k of 22.

I was looking at Palmetto State Armory and .223 was $8xx for 1k rounds.
9mm is going for more than that per round!
Old 02-21-2021, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Ahh why do ya think this is going on?
I'm going with "All of Tabs predictions of earth shattering doom are becoming reality" for $200 Alex.

Old 02-21-2021, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: