Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Moderator

Garage
It could be worse. A lot worse. Though it won't feel that way for awhile.

Plus you've got this place and the reprobates who inhabit it. Most don't have a support group like that. Of course maybe sane people wouldn't *want* a support group like that

We're all chumps at one or more points in our life. If not, then we're not living. Ask me how I know...

Old 09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Stop saying you are chump.

You have made the decision to cut her off. While it may not be easy, just stick to your guns and you will be fine.

I will be in HI in a couple of weeks for work (rough, I know), maybe if you aren't on duty we can get a beer and just bs.

Bill
Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSiple View Post
Stop saying you are chump.

You have made the decision to cut her off. While it may not be easy, just stick to your guns and you will be fine.

I will be in HI in a couple of weeks for work (rough, I know), maybe if you aren't on duty we can get a beer and just bs.

Bill
Sounds good to me. Let me know when you're here and we can set something up.

And you're right, nostatic. In the end I chalk it all up to a learning experience. A hard one, but a learning experience just the same.
2009 Buell Firebolt XB12R
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Dude....why ....why are you doing this??? You HAVE to know that this will not end up good. She is a succubus and will leave you again for her other lovers including drugs and soon as she can suck you dry she will move on to another sucker.
img removed - no boobies

We all feel for you believe me, but it is painful to watch you set yourself up for this woman to just screw you all over again. Please please please just walk away.

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Sorry...no boobies...

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)
B58/732

I still think you should get a liger.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

New kid in town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyJaunte View Post
I still think you should get a liger.
GOSH, Those are like my favorite animal.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)
Still Doin Time

Had a similar experience about 10 yrs ago all the same stuff except the dope. Turns out one of the guy(s) she was f***in at the time; one of which later bought her a house !!, she was f***in at least one other of her co-workers !! Kinda like a serial wh*re

Best thing that ever happend in the long run to me was that I left her.
'77 Sportster Pro-Street Drag Bike w/93ci - Sold to collector
'72 Yamaha CS5 200 Twin - Sold to fellow Pelicanite

Last edited by asphaltgambler; 09-26-2008 at 12:22 PM..
Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)
UnRegistered User

Garage
I went through a similar experience, only difference was that I was married to the woman.
I am not going to tell you that everything that happened was 100% her fault, but in the end actions speak louder than words.
She had moved out of the house to find herself, I was stupid enough to believe this line.
In the end when the story was out, I cut her off financially and once the divorce was final I never had to deal with her again.....
It is true, we have all been chumps at one time or another. It is what we do with that experience that makes us men.
Again, DON'T LOOK BACK.....
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

Well, I can't really sleep. Big surprise. I just want all this over. At least it's almost done.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)
B58/732

Download Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (it's 100% free) and go online and shoot some Nazis. That always makes me feel better.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

I think once I can finally say goodbye to her for good, I'll have my moment of crying and then I'll be okay. I'm going to make sure I go out on my days off also, find some friends and go do something, whether it's surf or go out for a drink or anything, I just have to make sure I stay social and keep good people around me.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

Custom User Title

Look at it this way- you have a good military career, and you are living in Hawaii. You are well positioned to have your way with a fine string of women for the next few years while you "find yourself"

It will get better. In times like this, I have found that excessive exercise helps keep the brain clear and the panic/anxiety to a minimum. Your not sleeping is understandable. Try getting it physically tired tomorrow. Go surfing!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)
Porsche Enthusiast

Yeah, I need to get back into exercising. I have barely eaten, drank, or slept over the past 5 days, I have to pull myself together and get back on track. And I'm going to stay away from women for a while. The past few have just caused problems. I have about 10 months left in Hawaii, when I leave here I should be going to Monterey, CA. I like California girls better anyways.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

What ever you do, you need to keep paying her cell phone bill. You never know when you might want a grudge fuch.

Nothing says closure like one more piece of that a$$.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)
Zink Racer

Best of luck man. You sound like a great guy and will be much better off long term without her in your life.

Lot's of great advice here. I've read Nostatic's posts on many topics. He is very direct but right on with his advice here. He and the others with this experience are speaking the hard truth. My experience is with parents and alcohol over a long time. That is bad but not nearly the experience you have with hardcore drug addicts. Meth addiction and what it does are way way worse.

The common thread is they can only help or save themselves and they can NEVER be the same person sober as you knew. Driving her or encouraging her to go to rehab is worse for HER let alone you than just walking away and never having contact again. Getting and staying sober once you're an addict is a full time, life time job.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post

Plus you've got this place and the reprobates who inhabit it.
Hey! I stopped reprobating after high school. Well...mostly.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)
East Coast R Gruppe

Lets take a look at this from the glass is half full:

1)Your in Hi and single in a place that has plenty to do
2)Your have a career and a stable job
3)You own a 911

WTF? Cheer up! Most of us on this board, minus the meth head girlfriend, wouldn't mind being in that situation.
If you choose the right course, your life just got way better moving forward
Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Ok here is one for you. My wifes friends daughter is also a meth head. She has bankrupted her mother and two men, and just SOLD that's right SOLD the custody of her son to her ex for $2,000.00. pretty cheap for a human life. Now ask yourself "What the hell would I be doing with her right now?"

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #179 (permalink)
Registered

wow... didn't expect to see this on this board. After reading all what you said, it seem like you are a good man and happen to be in a shietty situation. The worst thing for you is that you really love and still "love" her. The best thing you should do now is, if you can, stop loving her, stop hating her, stop feeling frustrated and hurt. I know it's not easy but try to tell yourself that she is just another girl, and you have picked the wrong girl. You have to remember that she slept with a bunch of other guys while being with you, so she "does not love you". All those history and memories are only in your mind, not hers. If she ever come back, cry, apologies, and promisses. Those are lies.
Keep comming here for a while. We'll keep you busy
Good luck.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #180 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: