Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
What?!?!

Garage
GOLD, ossiblue! Gold, I tell you! Damn well said.

I'm still waiting for our friend quoted below to stop lurking this thread speak up.

*sigh* I'm guessing he won't. Or will he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckterrier View Post
Gawd you people are clueless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckterrier View Post
When Joepa took over coaching in 1966 the Penn State football stadium held 30,000+. Beaver Stadium holds 107,000+. It's called cold hard cash. No professor has ever brought that to ANY college, EVER. Penn State was an agricultural university until Joe showed up. Joe's graduation rate for his players was 87%. Those professors should thank him for their jobs.
People should really stop posting garbage without knowledge.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #421 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossiblue View Post

The U is not being punished, the sports program of the U is being punished. .....
The sanctions imposed by the NCAA are a punishment for failure of the U to live up to its responsibilities. ....... If the NCAA did not punish the U because innocents would be harmed, what message would that send to the "audience" of other big-money sports schools? How long before the NCAA became nothing more than an Old Boys organization with level 1A schools doing what they will with no fear of consequences?
so which is it? Is the "U" being punished or just the sports program? Your logic, or should I say the absence of it, shows the flaws in these arguments.
78 928 5 spd "Blumaxx" (Minerva Blue; featured in issue #100 Hemmings Sports & Exotics)
85 928S (Garnet Red; my DD 928 fix )
06 Mustang GT (Legend Lime)
Old 07-26-2012, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #422 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linderpat View Post
so which is it? Is the "U" being punished or just the sports program? Your logic, or should I say the absence of it, shows the flaws in these arguments.
You're correct, I left out two key words. The line should read, " If the NCAA did not punish the U sports program because innocents would be harmed, what message would that send to the "audience" of other big-money sports schools?"

The logic is sound. I'm not positing an argument. I'm trying to offer a line of reasoning that explains and expands the over simplified question, "Why punish the U?"
Stabilized on a Pelican I.V. drip

Last edited by ossiblue; 07-26-2012 at 06:35 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #423 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
From Nov 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDavis View Post
Here's a question/statement...
We ( football fans ) have been told for years Joe is mentally sound.

"He's the best coach ever. A real specimen with regards to his mental state. He's brilliant, sharp as a needle, walks to work every day. Don't touch his age!"

I'm just waiting for those supporters to say "Hey, Joe's 84 yrs old. Give the guy a break. He had a senior moment and can't be held responsible for his lack of action."

The day is here. Jay Paterno's funded report was released. I read as much as I could stand. It's lines and lines of spin and deflection built to create one thing... plausible deniability.

Just a few years ago, Jay was on the circuit talking about how Dad was sharp as a tack, sly and working his magic as coach of penn state. Bragging about how Joe was using the age angle to lead the program. He called him "dumb like a fox". Now his report portrays Joe as disconnected and unaware of the possibility of child molestation. Just a victim to Sandusky's game.

It's mentioned that Sandusky and Joe were strictly business associates and essentially never socialized away from the field.

From the Jay report...

“Paterno simply could not reconcile what he knew of Jerry Sandusky with the thought
that Sandusky was a huge fraud and a child sex offender. The man Paterno thought he
knew through thousands of interactions over decades working with him as a brilliant
defensive coach, a loving husband and father, a devoutly religious man, a mentor to
disadvantaged kids, an altruist, a teetotaler who looked down on those who drank alcohol,
a selfless advocate for disenfranchised youth, a long time colleague, a compassionate
advocate for players, and a ‘goofy’ prankster, could not possibly be a ‘monster predator.’
This man could not possibly have pulled the wool over Paterno’s eyes for decades. He
could not have fooled so many coaches, athletes, administrators, contributors, social
services workers, psychologists, children, friends, and family. After all, if Sandusky had
actually been victimizing children, where were all the victims that he took advantage of?
Why hadn’t any of them come forward? In fact, in all the years that Sandusky was
molesting boys, not one of them came forward to make an allegation of sexual assault
against Sandusky until Victim 1 did at the prodding of his mother and counselor in
2008.”

It's common knowledge that Joe was a very moral man. Then why would he not be socially close to the man described above? I'm not saying they should've been tight, but c'mon. Really? Joe views Jerry as a saint won't hang out with him?

In one part it talks about how literally shaken McQueary was that he was unable to vocalize what he saw in the shower to Joe. We're now told Joe was "too naive" to understand what McQueary was saying? We're supposed to believe Joe misunderstood "Coach, Jerry was in the shower with a boy, naked, at night."

Jay needs to STFU. I really wish jo-pathetic was still alive. The only thing better than Jay's spin would be his dad's.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #424 (permalink)
Virginia Rocks!

84 years old and around college kids and their bull**** all the time. On TV. Making millions. Too naive? My ass.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #425 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
I can't imagine what it's like to be a Paterno, especially Jay - living as rockstars one day, reviled as demons the next, but I can't see how an attempt to rewrite history is going to help. Time to STFU.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #426 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
joepa

Gee why doesn't Sue Paterno just give up all those millions to the children who were hurt instead of wasting all her big bucks on such a fairy tale. They all lived the big life for free They never paid for anything just a bunch of freeloaders.I bet if it was their children the story would be different. I live near the school and am tired of hearing the same sad song for the Paternos. Cash out and move to Florida change your name and give your Big Bucks to the victims of this crime.
1964 series 2a 88 landrover sold
1988 944 white. sold
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #427 (permalink)
Information Overloader

Psychiatrically, Joe was in denial. Delusional, actually.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #428 (permalink)
závodník 'X'

Garage
Weird this thread is revisted as just last night while at the grocery store, there was another fellow at the checkout.... it was Joe Paterno cloned! Bizzare, weird, freaky and my wife was trying to hold back laughing.... this guy's face, hair and coloring, stocky and height, even the glasses. For a moment I so badly wanted to take a picture, but that would have been rude. Carry on -
“When these fine people came to me with an offer to make four movies for them, I immediately said ‘yes’ for one reason and one reason only… Netflix rhymes with ‘wet chicks,'” Sandler said in a prepared statement. “Let the streaming begin!” - Adam Sandler
Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #429 (permalink)
Free Exams All November!

Maybe Paterno faked his death to get out of the media spotlight. Didja think of that?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #430 (permalink)
Information Overloader

Looks more like Paterno faked his life.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #431 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Bill O'Brien, the outsider, arrived at the perfect time; maybe he's leaving at the right time, too | PennLive.com

Bill O’Brien blasted ‘Paterno people’ before leaving Penn State | For The Win

Looking forward to hearing more from JoPa-thetic's successor. Sounds like he may have faced a lot of old school cronies crying for the old days.

You remember, the ones when the coach intimidated everyone away from doing the right thing and enabled a child predator to run amok on campus whenever he wanted? Yeah, those days.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #432 (permalink)
What?!?!

Garage
Columnist David Jones answers reader questions on Bill O'Brien, Penn State Football | PennLive.com
Old 01-05-2014, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #433 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: