Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.37 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

>Don't forget, you will also need to shave the rain gutters.

Where these shaved on the CTR or ...

RUF offers a product called Aerodynamic Aid? A RUF design for the windshield pillars in polyurethane RIM material. I've attached a picture for reference.

The oil filler was simply for easy access. If you do this mod never let someone else take your car for a ride... mistake it for the gas filler and things get ugly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aeroaid.jpg (49.9 KB, 4800 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

Could this be the reason for the rear quarter oil filler....hummm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctr05 bbs.jpg (31.0 KB, 5064 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Wink

Souk,

Very nice... any more CTR engine pictures?
Old 01-21-2003, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

Si possible, faites faire celà par le "sorcier" Aloïs Ruf, et voila le résultat :

I got that last picture from a website in France...ran a search..I wonder if the guy knows about Pelican? I hope he doesn't mine me posting pics of his ride. (it is admiration that forces me to commit such a sin , please forgive me)

Notice the subject line on this post (I pasted from his page). My French isn't so great, but it appears he has appropriately refered to Alois Ruf.

http://911carrera.free.fr/dossiers/ctr/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ctr04 b.jpg (33.6 KB, 4884 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

This thread is quite timely, I'm looking at purchasing a set of CTR front and rear bumper caps. So from those with experience who makes a good product, I don't want to have to spend hours getting these things to fit like parts on a Porsche should just to save a few bucks, however the quote I got from Ruf for:
Light weight front kit for narrow body 1560.00 US $
Light weight rear kit with slots 1630.00 US $
seems a bit steep.

Thanks
Todd
Old 01-22-2003, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

I've been researching prices and quality (mostly through previous postings and internet or magazine adds). And yes, that quote is high, but you are getting it from Ruf.

The fiberglass parts, as reported by others who have done this, will require fitting and prep for paint. The Ruf parts may require less fitting and prep work, and they are probably the plastic material.

How about I broker a group buy from one of the manufacturers/venders? Who is interested?

You must be serious in adding your name to the list for a group buy or my offers will lack leverage. Send me e-mail or post here ( soukus@comcast.net ).
Old 01-22-2003, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Souk
I'd definately be interested in a group buy, the RUF parts are fibreglass as well, the lower valance portion that you can buy to use with the existing bumper is PU.

Todd
Old 01-22-2003, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Souk,

Thanks for the great link.... nice pics.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

I'd be game give a month tho until we get our BONUS! should have it at the end of next month! hahaha but yes that would be great!

Eric

" The reason the Irish are always fightin one another is that there are no other worthy opponents ".
Old 01-22-2003, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Limbo

Garage
Just thouhght I would throw in a pic from the newer YB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00309a.jpg (32.9 KB, 4514 views)
Old 01-22-2003, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Elfer Purist

Here's the small rubber spoiler from another angle:

http://911carrera.free.fr/dossiers/ctr/ctr03.jpg

Damn that silver car looks good..... I really shouldn't be looking at such pictures. It makes me want to spend money Whoever posted that car in the first place is to blame if my bank account goes empty
Old 01-22-2003, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

Mikkel, I'll take the blame, but I blame you for posting the pictures of the Danish Porsche gathering in which there was a picture of that white one from the Cargraphics catalog. So we're even, now whose bank account will need help sooner
Old 01-22-2003, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
From the picture link in Mikkels last post, it looks like two standard turn signal lenses/glasses are mounted next to each other. Is this what Ruf did?
1972 BMW 3.0S
Old 01-22-2003, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Got Boost?

Garage
Yes, those are the two standard lights for the US version.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
How bout seats for the CTR upgrade?

This is a picture from that french site:

And from parts catalog at the German RUF site. this is Sport Seat left side part number R64 521 003 00 RUF:

I'm shure these are big bucks from RUF. But I have found a german seat manufacturer called Koenig that produces a seat K5000 that looks exactly like the Ruf, and I'm pretty shure that Koenig makes the seats for RUF. The cost in Germany is starting at EUR 448 ($470):

Its available with our without "holes" for a 5 point harness.

Check it out at their German site

Or the US importer

I think tis is a nice sporty seat without being too racey.
1972 BMW 3.0S
Old 01-22-2003, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

So far I have four interested parties for a group buy....

Anyone who has brokered a group buy in the past and can offer tips or advise come on down. I have negotiated larger dollar deals at work, but that was usually with more leverage than I might have in this case, so any experiences you can share will be helpful.

aseem, the seats look good...thanks

An because I want to keep you guys interested, look at this pretty little red head being polished...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red bird bbs.jpg (42.0 KB, 4802 views)
Old 01-22-2003, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Sweet!!!!!! Again, does anybody know if that ruf style bumper is available for a widebody???

Current Stable
WolksVagon Jetta
Acura TL
Old 01-22-2003, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Somewhere in the Midwest

I have not seen any widebodies with the Ruf conversions in my searches. Sorry, I can't offer anything, but I will ask the various manufacturers for you when I talk to them.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Souk,
I WILL go in on the deal .. but you have to give me a Month to get the BONUS thet will pay for it ., but I REALLY like the bulk buy deal .. I think It will work.. But I can't swing it right not this month.. would you think about waiting a month .. if not I understand. just asking really.
Eric.
78SC

" The reason the Irish are always fightin one another is that there are no other worthy opponents ".
Old 01-22-2003, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Ruf does make the bumper caps for wide body cars, not sure if any of the aftermarket guys do though.
Check out
http://www.weissach.com/
or
http://www.ruf-automobile.de

Todd
Old 01-22-2003, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: