Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Nice track. Wooooo, long straight, looks fun. I love the way it has great run off areas instead of armco barriers. Good for drivers like me
Old 02-23-2018, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedsilva View Post
wow
It gets better....
They are building a drift, rally cross and go kart stadium circuit.
That’s to go with drag strip and the 0-1000m test strip which is part of the runway for the airport!

Old 02-24-2018, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
While the fuel cell was out and changing brake master cylinder etc, decided to go the whole way and remove everything.
Welded up all the firewall holes and painted to match the interior and engine bay...

Only a race car, but will make it nicer to work on!

Old 03-02-2018, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
Kept dash and gauge surrounds black

Old 03-03-2018, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Final paint test spray and selections done....
Going with number 1 which is the factory code POR009

Tried it up against a much darker code with more blue and maroon, but have stayed with my initial selection of Karminrot, which per the factory code comes out very bright!

Sourced inspiration from one of the original 74 IROC colours (bottom right in this photo)
Can wait to see it on the car!

Old 03-15-2018, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
I'd tagken the mint-green(?) left bottom !!
FB:www.facebook.com/911garage
Old 03-15-2018, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
Early 911’s seem to be able to pull off nearly any colour...

Lots of blues and oranges around particularly on the RSR replicas, and my last car was midnight blue / nearly black, so it was time for a change and looking for something less “done before”

I like the greens too, but there is a strong superstition i inherited from my father who used to race speedway, you don’t have green on race cars....
Old 03-15-2018, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Administrator

Glad to see you stuck with Karminrot
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Great choice D..... it's a FAST colour too
Old 03-15-2018, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Mothy
Hey Darien
Do you have the other half of that ITOC chart with the other cats on it?

Tim
Old 03-15-2018, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothy View Post
Hey Darien
Do you have the other half of that ITOC chart with the other cats on it?

Tim
Hi Tim,
See below....
Are you going to change your mind?

Old 03-15-2018, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Mothy
Thanks for that.
I’m still going with the modern Carmine Red - closer to car 5 rather than car 11
Old 03-15-2018, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Amazing build DHE11.

Thanks for the room on the chase. Hope to see the new rocket in the flesh next year.

Craig.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Jongbloed Racing wheels

After much research, decided to select Jongbloed to provide the new set of wheels on project 77.
Ryan @ Jongbloed in California was really helpful in guiding me to the lightest set of wide 17’s I could find (for a reasonable price) that would also hold up to track duty.
Even for relatively large wheels (for an old 911) they will still come out below 15lbs ea

Went with the the 305 style as it the lightest, the pattern is simple and strong, but also I like the stepped rim look on the older car and combined with the the smaller centre aids with weight reduction and lower rotating mass which is important as this won’t be a high horsepower car.

Weight savings will be helped by full titanium hardware!
Going with anodised black, but pics below show the style....

Old 03-21-2018, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Hi DHE11.

I'm keen to see how your new 17" wheels turn out. Sub 7 kg must be around 16" Fuchs weight. I've been tossing up buying lighter wheels for ages but the cost always makes me break out in sweats
Old 03-21-2018, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Administrator

This will be interesting to see on your 911! Personally it isn't really my style, but I LOVE those weights!!!
Too many Miata's to count.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
scumbag

Garage
the Jongbloed booth at PRI every year is a dangerous place. so many nice wheels and the staff are always super helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric at Pelican Parts View Post
This will be interesting to see on your 911! Personally it isn't really my style, but I LOVE those weights!!!
Hi Eric,
Yeah, im really happy about the weight of these rims, should really help with overall project goal of getting in the 2100lb range. The bang for buck factor with wheels is multiplied because its unsprung weight, hence why I have spent so long selecting the right ones....

Understand is not the traditional 911 wheel, but think the black on black it will be quite understated - will find out in a few weeks!
This was the other option, 557 style....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbalich View Post
the Jongbloed booth at PRI every year is a dangerous place. so many nice wheels and the staff are always super helpful.
Agree, great company to work with and I have confidence I’m getting a proven product.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
Picked up this hydraulic line lock today thanks to a link in the e-brake delete thread.
Simple, cheap and hopefully effective at isolating the rear circuit to make a lock for my hydro handbrake.

There were a few hydro options with mechanical locks but I didn’t like the design and mechanism which looked like it would get bent or give teouble over the long term.
For short bursts moving the car around the pits and general stuff if should do the job.
Competing against newer cars with all the launch control etc, it even help even up the playing field with starts.... particularly hillclimbs and motorkhana.

Last edited by DHE11; 04-04-2018 at 06:13 AM..
Old 03-27-2018, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage
Colour is on...

And it’s very 70’s and bright !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHE11 View Post
Final paint test spray and selections done....
Going with number 1 which is the factory code POR009

Tried it up against a much darker code with more blue and maroon, but have stayed with my initial selection of Karminrot, which per the factory code comes out very bright!

Sourced inspiration from one of the original 74 IROC colours (bottom right in this photo)
Can wait to see it on the car!

Old 04-10-2018, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: