Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I would rather be driving

No problem on the questions. There are many that do not understand EFI installations and converting while mix and matching various systems and components.

Jesper,

Yes, this could be an easy way to run a secondary injector setup. I am not sure if the Carrera manifold would clear the rear deck with an intercooler when mounted on top of some blocks. Maybe if you cut and rotated the throttle body. But then you are doing enough custom work you might as well weld some bungs in place.

The idea for this adapter is to make EFI integration as simple as possible with as little hardware changes as possible. Thanks for the compliment.

classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
This is a great solution. I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted this.
Are the existing brass fittings pressed out or just drilled larger to accept the bung?
Is it better to go with 11mm bung or 14mm bung. Guess it depends on type of injector to be used.
1988 Porsche 930 Targa - 3.4L Twin Plug Motor, DC 13 Cams, Supertec Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts, Port and Polished Heads, Garretson Andial Intercooler, GSX 61 BB Stage 5Turbo, Tial F46 WG .8 Bar Spring, PowerHaus Headers, Rarly8 Dual Tip Muffler, MS3 Pro EFI conversion, 57lbs. Cobra Injectors, Center Force Stage 2 Clutch , Rebuilt 4 Speed with LSD.

Last edited by jpilcher; 02-22-2013 at 02:20 AM..
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Crap, and I just sold my spare set to speedy! Oh well....
-1978 911 SC TURBO, Minerva Blue Targa 965 update.
-2008 550i M-Sport
Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc911 View Post
Crap, and I just sold my spare set to speedy! Oh well....
JCC911, now you made me feel bad! If it is any consolation, yours are staying stock. I kept all my other stock stuff in the event a stock 930 becomes stratospherically valuable some day.

By the way JCC911's blocks have cracks (which he of course told me about before the deal), so that, plus Chris' comments re-affirm my statement not to bore them out.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilcher View Post
This is a great solution. I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted this.
Are the existing brass fittings pressed out or just drilled larger to accept the bung?
The brass insert remains in the holder. It is either drilled and tapped a size larger for my adapters or drilled for direct insertion of the injector.

Either method could be used. My adapter allows for easy home installation. Not many people have the expensive step drill bit to recess the injector as Speedy Squirrel did. I do have this bit for making fuel rails. If you would like some help in that direction let me know.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

These are finally back from the platers. Ready for an engine near you.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Old 04-11-2013, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Looks good Jamie! Can't wait to hear someone use these.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Where do I sign up?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

With the flow rates of modern injectors, and a modern ECU's ability to finely control them, what is the purpose of stacked injectors?

Do you need more fuel than 6x 2,000cc injectors can provide at 5-6bar of pressure?
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
With the flow rates of modern injectors, and a modern ECU's ability to finely control them, what is the purpose of stacked injectors?

Do you need more fuel than 6x 2,000cc injectors can provide at 5-6bar of pressure?
If your comment is directed towards me suggesting this, you forgot to read my intro: "stupid comment..."

I do however realize ( as stated) things have improved greatly since some of RUFs early work. All one have to do is study some of the exquisite projects on this site...Apart from that, I dont know crap about, what I am talking about

Nice to see you got some time to spend on the forum again
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Yup, but not picking on you or anything. :-)
The old-school stacked injectors looked cool, and solved the problem when really large injectors were not available. Who was making 600+hp back then in a road car? Supercars had 450hp!

Just as a point of reference: a 3.8L Twin Turbo can idle perfectly smooth and at a clean 15:1 at 850-900rpm with modern 2,000cc injectors.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

needs new tires. Again.

This looks like a fantastic solution. I'll be watching!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Any news on these Injector Blocks? I sent Jamie an email about 2 weeks ago no response.
1988 Porsche 930 Targa - 3.4L Twin Plug Motor, DC 13 Cams, Supertec Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts, Port and Polished Heads, Garretson Andial Intercooler, GSX 61 BB Stage 5Turbo, Tial F46 WG .8 Bar Spring, PowerHaus Headers, Rarly8 Dual Tip Muffler, MS3 Pro EFI conversion, 57lbs. Cobra Injectors, Center Force Stage 2 Clutch , Rebuilt 4 Speed with LSD.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

He left for Germany IIRC on Monday. I believe he will be back next week.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: