LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
Thumbs up Relax, have a CGarr, Head Machine/Rebuild Service Review

Well Fellas,

What can I say, damn Master Craig, you are an Artist!

Craig Garrett
G2 Performance
Grand Rapids, Mi 49508
Garrett@iserv.net

Rating: 10/10.

Communication 10
Updates 10
Turn Around 10
Machine Work 10
Shipping 10
Packaging 10++
Price 10+

Now for the pics:

Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC

Last edited by DRACO A5OG; 01-08-2017 at 08:07 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Thank you Maser KTL for the most outstanding referral.
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 01-07-2017, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Yep, you cannot ask for anything more from him!

I mean, you can't...
Old 01-07-2017, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Just in case, here is the before pics:

Same Head
PCA/POC
Old 01-07-2017, 10:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Did not believe you before........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Yep, you cannot ask for anything more from him!

I mean, you can't...

Tippy,

It was in one of your posts that you said "using CG's service is no brainer". I was skeptical and thought Craig just another buddy of yours!!!! But being skeptical, I wanted to know and experience Craig's skill. So I sent a set of rockers for the engine I am rebuilding for a Pelican parts member. The set of rockers was shipped back to me after only 3 days. How did he do it? They arrived on Friday and were mailed the following Monday. So I emailed him and advised him that I have not paid for them yet. His reply was "just send the payment later" (?). My local machinist for 20 years won't let me take home my parts unless fully paid in cash or check.

I was completely caught by surprise when I opened the box and inspected the newly refurbished rockers. They look amazing and incredibly look like new parts!!!! Payment was mailed.

Last month (December 2016), I sent another set of rockers for rebushing and two (2) idler gear arms for conversion to the wider version. Since I was traveling abroad in mid-December, I requested for a late delivery after X'mas day. As expected, the package arrived with no payment made. Unfortunately, I got sick before X'mas and was not able to get on my feet after New Year's Day.

Craig,

I mailed another package containing a flywheel for resurfacing. Included inside the package is an envelope containing a check. Will send a PM. Thanks.

Tony
Old 01-08-2017, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I plan on sending my stuff to Craig. I sent him a PM awhile back asking a few questions and he took the time to send me a detailed list with pricing. Very fair prices and a nice guy. The work looks top notch as well.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Chain fence eating turbo

Tony,

I was PM'd about cgarr after a jaw dropping $1k estimate to do my 3.2 heads from a local shop.

I had the EXACT same experience where he did my heads and had them shipped before I even sent payment to him.

If another person would do this for me, I'd praise as highly as I have done with him. It's not the norm.

He lives in Michigan, I'm in Texas. No, don't know him personally. Actually, you and I have had many more conversations than Craig and I online.

Just a SUPER HAPPY customer.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Craig has refurbished rocker arms for me and a friend of mine and they came back really nice. I even cleaned out the little zip lock plastic bags the rocker arms were in and saved them for whatever.
He also modifies the inner side of the two rocker shaft oil holes so they will hold a little more oil there against the rocker shaft. Look in there and you'll see what he does. It looks like a nice improvement.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Functionista

He sent me some linear bushings for Bilstein struts several years back with a "pay me when you get them" message. Didn't know me from Adam. The bushings worked really well getting rid of some slop in housing. My heads will go north when the time comes.
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

x2 on Cgarr. He did my heads and rockers/shafts. But I didn't get a sticker!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Craig does great work. He did the heads on my 3.2 ss years ago

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Those look great, Dracholio - nice!

Another guy that shocked me with the "parts returned complete before payment made" is Brian Leask - he modifies Turbo WURs to be multi-adjustable and the cost is not inexpensive. I sent him mine several years ago, had it back in my hands in less than two weeks, and had not even been billed for the work yet - floored me!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Well, Fellas, this is only for us. I did not want to mention it, as all we need is one rotten apple to spoil for the rest of us.

Again most grateful to Master Craig and Master KTL for the referral and guidance.
PCA/POC
Old 01-08-2017, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Shipping my junk to him this week. So grateful to have his expertise and help.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori View Post
Shipping my junk to him this week.
???

!!!

Old 01-08-2017, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I was expecting that.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

^^^

I don't deny being VERY preDICKtable!!!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
RFLOL, I was like Raw see's this, LOL
PCA/POC
Old 01-08-2017, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Been working with Craig for about 10 years now. He is the go-to guy for machine work.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
I'm obviously biased because I know Craig personally. But you can tell from other people's posts that he's a great guy and does great work at a price point he feels is fair.

He and his brother Denny are fantastic guys and a load of laughs to hang out with. I've spent quite a few days with them at the track over the years and it's the same every time. Lots of laughs, always learn something new from them, always willing to help you out (and poke fun at you while doing it!) and always look forward to seeing them again. They're great guys that i'm so pleased to have as friends, regardless of the machine work services. Just plain and simple good guys.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: