Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I watched the first 30 minutes of the video. The guy is very believable. I am confident he is being completely truthful and honest. He saw (visually and via radar/FLIR/etc.) something that he could not explain. How do we then make the giant leap of faith that this object was from another world? Does the video go on to explain how we know this was alien technology from another world?

This is where evidence comes in handy...
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 10-09-2019, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
As you might imagine, after my cruise in '87 when I saw what I saw, I became a bit more curious on the subject. I know the Fermi Paradox inside and out and find it stretches the limits of what we know to be true, and I am very comfortable acknowledging that fact.

I am constantly amused, however (and not in a funny, ha-ha way, or scornful way), of those that know what they know sitting on the third rock from an unremarkable Sun in a bad neighborhood.

I kid, sort of.

What we know, our ability to measure, is limited. Remember Hubble? It completely changed our view of the Cosmos - and it was launched in 1990.

https://www.space.com/29157-hubble-space-telescope-science-legacy.html

I saw what I saw, spent almost ten minutes in situ trying to capture all the "whys and hows" that were coursing through my brain.

I have written this many times before: the reason I kept mum about the whole affair (we all did) is clear from the the arc of all discussions on UFO sightings, and why I won't go on record beyond this: sooner or later the observers motives and stability are called into question.
??????????????????????? Whacko!

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 10-09-2019, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC View Post
I used to be hard core into all this stuff. Especially the alien abduction stuff, lost-time events, etc. Probably started when my Dad took me to see "Chariots of the Gods" in the '70s...

After a while though, it become like Bigfoot sightings. Years and years of sightings and stories from "credible" witnesses, etc., but in the end...no evidence that any of it is true. None. I am also fundamentally skeptical that an organization as inept as our government could keep something like this a "secret" for decades.

So...I became "agnostic" when it comes to this stuff. I want to believe very badly but I just can't until somebody comes forward with some actual evidence. Was it Sagan who said, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"?

Still waiting on some extraordinary evidence...

Until then, I'll watch the Joe Rogan video...
I'm with you. I'd love to find something to believe. Until now, this colonel and his testimony and evidence is the closest that I've seen to extraordinary evidence so far.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 10-09-2019, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
A couple summers ago my daughter, brother in law and myself saw a satellite doing S turns in the sky.
I'm sure that you saw something doing S turns, but I don't think it was a satellite.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC View Post
I watched the first 30 minutes of the video. The guy is very believable. I am confident he is being completely truthful and honest. He saw (visually and via radar/FLIR/etc.) something that he could not explain. How do we then make the giant leap of faith that this object was from another world? Does the video go on to explain how we know this was alien technology from another world?

This is where evidence comes in handy...
All he says is that at the time that he saw it he is pretty confident that we don't have the technology to do what he saw.

I thought he was very careful about not saying what it was, just what it wasn't.

Last edited by masraum; 10-10-2019 at 05:33 AM..
Old 10-10-2019, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Itís very hard listening to this and not believing him. He sounds very credible. This is a huge platform for him. Iím sure thereís gonna be new stories unfolding considering how big joe Rogans audience is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2019, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
I'm sure that you saw something doing S turns, but I don't think it was a satellite.
I am sure it wasn't as well, but that is the best description I can think of because it looked just like one until the maneuvers.

We were testing the Heavens Above app on my phone at the time and had seen several by then. That one was not in the app and after the maneuvers we all looked at each other wondering if we all saw the same thing. It was not the Air Force space plane either since it was still up for a long time after we saw what we saw.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
https://youtu.be/_2zRabdvKnw
1991 M5 - Gone
1993 RS America - Gone
Old 10-13-2019, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
Interestingly, Joe Rogan had Edward Snowden on his podcast and Snowden said that he used his unique access into all things CIA/NSA/etc., to find out what the government knows (and is hiding) about extra-terrestrials and found nothing. A quote:

Quote:
"I know, Joe, I know you want there to be aliens," Snowden joked to Rogan, the podcast's host. "I know Neil deGrasse Tyson badly wants there to be aliens. And there probably are, right?
"But the idea that we're hiding them -- if we are hiding them -- I had ridiculous access to the networks of the NSA, the CIA, the military, all these groups. I couldn't find anything," he continued. "So if it's hidden, and it could be hidden, it's hidden really damn well, even from people who are on the inside."
22/29 torsions, 22/22 adjustable sways, Carrera brakes
Old 10-24-2019, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by romango3 View Post
Itís very hard listening to this and not believing him. He sounds very credible. This is a huge platform for him. Iím sure thereís gonna be new stories unfolding considering how big joe Rogans audience is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I said earlier, I hope we do someday have solid evidence of extraterrestrial life. I really do.

But just because someone sounds believable means nothing. Have you ever seen a movie? There are people that are great at acting a role. They can tell a story and sound 100% truthful. That is what makes them a good actor.

When I start to look at the overwhelming size of the solar system, and just our galaxy, it just makes it illogical to think there has or ever will be travelers for other star systems.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-24-2019, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Home of the Whopper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
When I start to look at the overwhelming size of the solar system, and just our galaxy, it just makes it illogical to think there has or ever will be travelers for other star systems.
Using our known technology.
Who knows what the future will reveal?
Worm holes, warp drive, parallel universe, ???
Old 10-24-2019, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Home of the Whopper

Garage
There may even be a short cut through the mirror universe!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/scientists-are-searching-mirror-universe-it-could-be-sitting-right-ncna1023206
Old 10-24-2019, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK911 View Post
Using our known technology.
Who knows what the future will reveal?
Worm holes, warp drive, parallel universe, ???
https://www.sciencealert.com/former-nasa-scientist-demonstrates-why-star-trek-s-warp-speeds-are-painfully-slow

The Star Trek warp drive is just really way to slow to travel to the stars. At Warp 9.9 it takes 5.5 hours just to get to Pluto!

Maybe wormholes are possible to control, and make one form where you are, and have it go to where you want. That is a really big maybe. A parallel universe is not our universe, only imagination can contemplate what that might be like.

I want to believe, just show me something that is real. Like bigfoot and unicorns, just stories.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Home of the Whopper

Garage
I'm just saying that we don't know what we don't know.
Pretty exciting to think about what may be just around the next corner.
In the OP video, they said the craft just disappeared.
Was it cloaked? Or entered some parallel universe?
Exciting times!
Old 10-24-2019, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Leadfoot Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK911 View Post
...they said the craft just disappeared.
So, why are so many of these things visible at all?

Imagine for a minute that intelligent life had also developed on some other 'Goldilocks' planet across the galaxy...only much earlier. Assuming the inhabitants of that world avoided catastrophe and have developed some very powerful technology to maintain their existence and to cross unimaginable distances in space, why then do they allow themselves to be seen? Wouldn't this hyper-tech also be able to grant them invisibility? I'd think that being invisible would be a huge asset in their favor, yet people continue to see these unexplained lights in the sky.

In our own past, when Europeans first sailed off to the Americas in the 15th century, it wasn't just to have a look around. They were after stuff and used some of the day's highest technology to get it. If ETs are using some of their highest tech to build craft and travel all the way to Earth, what could their motivations be? What's their ROI? Think about what happened to the Americas back in the day once technology granted people the power to travel distances only once dreamed about.

And if other beings aren't using actual physical tech to reach Earth, and these lights in the sky are just an unavoidable consequence of using some sort of cross-dimensional viewing port merely to satisfy their curiosity about us, then that's a whole new angle to consider.

Last edited by rcooled; 10-24-2019 at 07:09 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooled View Post

Imagine for a minute that intelligent life had also developed on some other 'Goldilocks' planet across the galaxy...only much earlier. Assuming the inhabitants of that world avoided catastrophe and have developed some very powerful technology to maintain their existence and to cross unimaginable distances in space, why then do they allow themselves to be seen? Wouldn't this hyper-tech also be able to grant them invisibility? I'd think that being invisible would be a huge asset in their favor, yet people continue to see these unexplained lights in the sky.

In our own past, when Europeans first sailed off to the Americas in the 15th century, it wasn't just to have a look around. They were after stuff and used some of the day's highest technology to get it. If ETs are using some of their highest tech to build craft and travel all the way to Earth, what could their motivations be? What's their ROI? Think about what happened to the Americas back in the day once technology granted people the power to travel distances only once dreamed about.

And if other beings aren't using actual physical tech to reach Earth, and these lights in the sky are just an unavoidable consequence of using some sort of cross-dimensional viewing port merely to satisfy their curiosity about us, then that's a whole new angle to consider.
Why to serve mankind of course..
Old 10-25-2019, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcooled View Post

There are truly billions and billions of planets in this galaxy alone. Uncounted galaxies in every direction. Why bother traveling clear across the galaxy when from what we are learning almost every star has a planet. Water and hydrogen are everywhere.

And so often these super advanced beings fly clear across the vast distance just to crash on Earth? Or they land in the swamps to probe the butt of Bubba and Sketer. Why not land on the White House lawn, or the Imperial Palace.

We can never guess the motives of a extraterrestrial race that only exist in our fiction. It can be any motive we want since we are just doing make believe.

If they are out there, I sure hope they are the Enterprise like crew, truly here to help.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
I still use my old iPhone 6S. It has 128Gig of RAM.
It has 2GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space.

https://www.ubergizmo.com/products/lang/en_us/devices/iphone-6s-plus/
Old 10-25-2019, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: