Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
so what, you still are impossible to reason with
20 years is a long time, i think you're up for a renewal dose...

Old 09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Quote:
None of the above is a statement of fact,

I think regardless of the outcome of the Cern experiments, the actual results will not be released to the public. Especially if it's a dud.

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 09-08-2008, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Taking LSD is not the answer, big guy.

I'll be happy to tell you about my last 'trip', however, as it was somewhat related to this topic.

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkor View Post
I think regardless of the outcome of the Cern experiments, the actual results will not be released to the public. Especially if it's a dud.
KT
1) Why? Are you aware that almost everything in science is available to you are little to no cost? Heck, you could sign onto any of a dozen or so e-journals right now and watch science happen daily, across a dozen fields of research.
2) There is no such thing as a "dud" in science. There's a null result, which is just as valuable (maybe even MORE so) than a positive result.

1980 911SC sunroof coupe, silver/black: The Wurster
2006 Mazda3 5 door, M-speed exhaust: The Ricer
Putting the sick back into sycophant!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

KT
oh yeah Trekk, as if they can keep a public funded, non military, project off this scale secret
the whole point of it , is so all these scientific big cheeses can publish the results

That's what theoretical physicists do, they publish theories and the proof if they find it...

and you can keep your messed up , unfounded fantasy fairytale answer to yourself... i don't care about it, and i definitely don't feel like going in PM mode with you to hear about frigging Jehova. allready told you i don't care about such nonsense, and i don't care about going private to discuss it in more detail... stop your pigheaded attempts to convert everyone...it's borderline offensive
Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Stijn, put down the 'brown'.

I never brought up religion in this thread or suggested going into 'PM mode' with you.
I asked you if you wanted to hear about my 'acid trip' from 22 years ago.

Paranoid, are we?

Quote:
messed up , unfounded fantasy fairytale, pigheaded attempts
Wowsers!!

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I never brought up religion in this thread
KT
but you did

Quote:

I'm not worried about the outcome of the earth. ( that's already safe )
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Unoffended by naked girls

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dhoward
Quote:
True.

All things that do not concern me.

There are, however, many 'smart people' that believe the LHC experiments are dangerous and could lead to irreversible effects.

KT
Kinda like eating from the tree of knowledge results in expulsion from the Garden of Eden?

www.labreaprecision.com
www.concealedcarrymidwest.com
Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Quote:
I'm not worried about the outcome of the earth. ( that's already safe )
That's hardly a religious statement, unless we've spoken on the topic previously.
It alonef, in the context of this thread, shows my position relating to 'black holes' appearing and swallowing the earth due to the Cern experiments going wrong, is not a concern of mine.

You are an unusual fellow. I remember quite a few of you combative posts in the past.
The one about answering your door in the nude was troubling.

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Quote:
Kinda like eating from the tree of knowledge results in expulsion from the Garden of Eden?
Gotta love PPOT.
Lurkers always ready to pounce. Whoo hoo!

Good post, though.

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
Unoffended by naked girls

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dhoward
I hoped that you would see the humor.
Not ready to pounce on you, in paticular, Trek.
Just pounce for fun!
www.labreaprecision.com
www.concealedcarrymidwest.com
Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Quote:
Just pounce for fun!
Pounce away!!

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
Old 09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)
Unregistered

Chuck Norris actually invented the theory of relativity but when Einstein claimed it was his idea, Chuck roundhouse kicked him so hard he turned into Steven Hawking. True story!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Unregistered

Chuck Norris saw that the nothingness was doing nothing and he got annoyed. He round-house kicked the nothing and said "get a job!" and that's how the big bang happened nad the universe was invented.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
Unregistered

One time Chuck Norris kicked some sub-atomic particles so hard they created a rip in the time-space continuum and his foot went back in time and killed Amelia Earhart over the pacific ocean.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)
Run smooth, run fast

The whole Hadron-Collider-Potential-for-Planet-Eating-Black-Hole situation reminded me of this demotivational poster...

Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Sammy, whassup with the Chuck Norris man-crush on a science thread?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Is this a science thread or another "it's all guesses" thread from someone who believes 100% in Noah's flood
Old 09-08-2008, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Unregistered

LOL, there are literally hundreds of saying like that about our man Chuck, I remembered a few and thought they were humerous and appropriate to this thread given the circumstances. It seems to me that they were no less relevant or realistic than some posts so far. No offense to anyone was meant, it just struck me as funny.

Regarding the original thread, I have a little bit of knowledge on the subject but am a far cry from anything like an expert.
But ....... I really don't think we are capable of doing any harm with this kind of experiment.
We just aren't that powerful and our technology is way too limited to create a significant black hole or change the physical universe or anything like that. We just aren't that big of a deal and the energy required to do any damage to the fabric of the universe is pretty much beyond our technology or capability.

Using the collider to create a test that will result in milliseconds worth of data that will be analyzed and used to scrutinize a theory doesn't worry me in the least.

Last edited by sammyg2; 09-08-2008 at 02:18 PM..
Old 09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoolenaar View Post
Is this a science thread or another "it's all guesses" thread from someone who believes 100% in Noah's flood
David, are you aware that there is a significant amount of evidence that Noah's flood did happen and happened right around the time the bible says it did?
The current scientific theories indicate it was not a global flood but covered nearly all of what is now the middle east, pretty much the known world at the time. I can probably dig up[ some links if you are interested.

They didn't even realize any of this until they started studying the region from satellites.

there are lots of folks out there who hate it when science actually agrees with the bible in some way.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: