Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Best move was getting rid of the woman!!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

A/C gone and some various other non essentials, radio, hood shocks, rennline A/C component cover ...blah blah blah

Old 12-18-2015, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Cars Ruined My Life

Nice, I am on the same game, almost finished though. Fun stuff. Definitely memorable for lifetime.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Last bits off the car today!!! getting the tint stripped tomorrow then shes off for fitting and paint of her new body parts.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Nice. I never tire of these topics. Sounds like your biz is on the up swing. Congrats.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
I like where this is going! My build had a similar course, I am probably just not moving as fast.

I have the same front bumper (Getty) as the red car, and your grey car. Barely out of the box. I wanted the traditional IROC bumper without the built in splitter, but your car and the red one may cause me to keep it...

Love it!!!

It looks very right on your car. I think because it does not appear like it is too tall top to bottom. Thus, it does not make the car look too low in the front compared to the rest. Very nice.

If you still have it, do you mind giving me a measurement of the height of that front bumper on the grey car, from the bottom of the splitter to the top of the bumper. I just want to compare with my Getty version. Thanks far any help.
2016 Ford Focus RS

Last edited by gliding_serpent; 12-20-2015 at 08:04 PM..
Old 12-20-2015, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliding_serpent View Post
I like where this is going! My build had a similar course, I am probably just not moving as fast.

I have the same front bumper (Getty) as the red car, and your grey car. Barely out of the box. I wanted the traditional IROC bumper without the built in splitter, but your car and the red one may cause me to keep it...

Love it!!!

It looks very right on your car. I think because it does not appear like it is too tall top to bottom. Thus, it does not make the car look too low in the front compared to the rest. Very nice.

If you still have it, do you mind giving me a measurement of the height of that front bumper on the grey car, from the bottom of the splitter to the top of the bumper. I just want to compare with my Getty version. Thanks far any help.

I wish I still had it, that car is long gone
Old 12-21-2015, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

What rims are those, GS? Fikse? Mach V by chance? Can you post a pic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliding_serpent View Post

Love it!!!

Old 12-21-2015, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Fikse

Old 12-21-2015, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Ah, FM10s. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

All the FG body panels are here. I have my tint guy peeling the dark tint today and then shes officially stripped! Time to paint and put her back together. Ordered new headliner and all new rubber seals from Porsche for the glass since it comes out to do the headliner.Really considering cutting out the sunroof and doing a carbon fiber skin.

Last edited by nippy; 12-21-2015 at 06:44 AM..
Old 12-21-2015, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

business must be booming, you are spending some BIG bucks
Old 12-21-2015, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_D View Post
business must be booming, you are spending some BIG bucks
Actually selling all the OEM parts has made it not to bad
Old 12-21-2015, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

I want some IROC bumpers and a set of Fikses but my paint job's hitting 5 figures so everything's gonna have to wait until I get that done and paid for.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

BBS wheels

Hello nippy

Good story and really inspiring reading,

I really like the BBS wheels on your Black SC, is it possibly that you would share the wheel size and tyre setup with me?
Is it the same wheels you have on your current car?

BR

Søren

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippy View Post
So back at it now with a beer. yes I am guilty of TUI, typing under the influence, LOL! So along my travel to work I pass a Indi Porsche mechanic who has a black SC out front for sale. I stop in and talk and take a spin. Car was recently rebuilt and CIS stuff was all pulled in favor for some 46MM PMOs. Car had incredible torque and was in great condition with new tan leather. I haggled for about a month before pulling the trigger on my 4th air cooled 911.Back in the game!!!

My first SC was EFI via a motronic 3.2 system on my 3.0. great set up. Jason at Heritage Motorcars Research did the work and the car was really a nice piece. This SC car was my first carbed car. I must say I like the PMO set up.

I ended up selling it last year and it seemed like that was probably my last P car as prices even for the entry level SC cars were climbing out of my comfort zone. I sold that one again because of finances. Business has just been so unsteady for the past few years for me. I kind of buy the cars and use as a fun piggy bank and then need to cash out every now and again to get topped off again.

So I pick up a couple more cheap Mercedes toys to keep me busy as by this time I'm starting to wrench on my own cars due to finance. I had no other choice but to learn on the fly. It helps that I have a master mechanic/fabricator/partner at my shop to double check my work. So I found a 5 speed W124 aka 300E. 5 speeds are very rare in the USA. So I bought it and went all through the suspension and the car ended up real nice. BUT its a far cry from a 911. I constantly thought to myself when pondering the Porsche cars I used to have, "Boy I have really fallen along way down the pole" Im now riding around in a 4 door baby blue grand ma car. I used to own a 930 turbo The 930 cars by this time are fetching BIG $$$ and not even on my radar. I figured the good old days were just that, old days long past. Oh well then the Mercedes cars cheap and affordable and easy to work on were what it was going to be! I actually did enjoy rowing through the gears on the old blue girl. Her straight 6 wasn't all that bad. Unless I thought about a 911 flat 6 .

Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Yes my old BBS wheels are currently on the car because I sold the factory Turbo Fuchs. So I'm temp. using the BBS which are for sale in the ads section. They are being used as rollers until the new wheels arrive. Obviously my car is not being driven anymore until we finish the build which will be at least a month and a half, to 2 months.

BBS for sale
BBS RS WHEELS 16x7 and 16x9 gold w/Bridgestone RE11s Carrera 911SC 930 fitment

My new wheels! I ordered these wheels below but in all satin black including lips.....cant wait, Fikse Fuchs AKA Zueffs. 17x9 fronts 17x11 rears. 6 week build time. I sold the factory Fuchs for a nice price to offset the cost of these Fikse Fuchs. This was my set we did for the slant nose, same specs. You can really see that fat rear lip!

Last edited by nippy; 12-21-2015 at 08:06 AM..
Old 12-21-2015, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
The CF skin for sunroof replacement sounds interesting.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_chile View Post
The CF skin for sunroof replacement sounds interesting.
drops 50lbs from where its most needed. Up high. It would be a large additional cost so most likely wont happen.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

OK it's official. I'm in the wrong line of work.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

LOL, trust me when I tell you this is a budget build. I haven't paid for anything yet. Everything is a direct result of selling the parts off the car, a few good days on ebay, and I also sold my 1/18 Porsche collection (all 32 of them) to fund these parts. I have been hustling may ARSE off for a month to get this to all come together.

Here is a better look at the all black Fikse Fuchs on a DP car. Not my car but I would cut off a body part to own this car. But really you can see the wheels I'm getting.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: