Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

"You and I remember Budapest very differently".
Old 12-21-2015, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

LOL,OK tint is gone and she is now 100% stripped! Well I should say stripped as far as I'm going to take her.

Last edited by nippy; 12-22-2015 at 05:55 PM..
Old 12-21-2015, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Take the glass out.
In the immortal words of David Lee Roth,
"Take it offf! Take it ALLL off!"
Old 12-21-2015, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
GOM (Grumpy Old Man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippy View Post
Damn! I need these wheels!!! Where did you source them? Can't wait to see everything installed. It is going to look amazing.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

My company sells them or any other retailer for Fikse
Old 12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Ah-HA!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Car is no longer in my possession and is now in the hands of a master craftsman! Jason from Heritage Motorcar Restorations was handed the baton and is going to run the rest of the way. He built my first car and knows exactly what to do with this one. from there its off to his partner the other Jason at Heritage Motorcar Research. He will lower and cross balance and then he will dyno tune every last drop out of that big motor! If it turns out anything like the first car they built for me, I'm in for a treat! Oh yeah and we are going to step it up a level in the weight savings department.........sun roof delete!!!

Also big thanks to SmokinJoe a fellow Pelican who let me borrow his Featherlite and the mighty V6 Cayenne to get the car down to my guys! I owe some cold beers for sure!

Being unloaded at Jason Hilers new home and nice property with shop on premises. Jason is a big name in the 356 world and has completed multiple concourse level award winning cars. His builds are often in the pages of excellence. Great knowledgeable guy and very humble all in one. Top notch!

Last edited by nippy; 12-23-2015 at 10:06 AM..
Old 12-22-2015, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Lightweight carpet kit came today. I went with black plush this time as opposed to the charcoal perlon I went with on my first car.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Christmas came a day early today! The Rennline stuff showed up. Doing the quick release steering wheel this time around to! Going to be schweet!

The first car again just to remind myself LOL!
Old 12-24-2015, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

I'm having a green Christmas -green with envy!
Old 12-24-2015, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

The seats got here today. So the pieces of the puzzle are almost complete. I absolutely love these seats. They are not FAA approved but I find them fantastic for street uses and the occasional DE day. Super light! Good looking and reasonably priced. These are the Corbeau FX1. I also use the 5 point cam lock system. These will look great strapped to the grand prix white Patrick motorsports welded in roll cage. Shes going to be an absolute BLAST!!!!

And again in my first lightweight SC.........

Last edited by nippy; 12-26-2015 at 07:48 AM..
Old 12-26-2015, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

The silver Porsche crest....
Old 12-26-2015, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM911 View Post
Awesome cars! And really dude, you need to dump that girlfriend as fast as you can. There is no way in hell that a human being could ever make you as happy as those cars! She sounds like a gold-digging buzzkill that needs to be cut out of your life like a cancer.

Carry on and keep the photos coming. I love that Benz 190 16V.
Wise words speaketh here....all the happy p-car guys I know either has the wife come along or wife accepts the need for a man to have man-time to build, create, tinker and share the healthy company of other guys with the same interest. So he gets left alone to be a happy guy when he comes back.

Of course you can't be a douche and spend the rent money on parts .. But if you've been working and bringing home the bacon then it's p-car time!
Old 12-26-2015, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastr View Post
Of course you can't be a douche and spend the rent money on parts .. But if you've been working and bringing home the bacon then it's p-car time!
My wife begrudgingly turns a blind eye to the constant stream of parts going into my car. I figure I married well!
2016 Ford Focus RS
Old 12-26-2015, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Roll bar got here today. This is going to be painted the matching Grand Prix white. Should be nice between the all black plush RS carpets and black non sunroof headliner. Keep me safe on DE days at Sebring.

Last edited by nippy; 01-06-2016 at 12:11 PM..
Old 12-30-2015, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

So since were deleting the sunroof and doing a new non sunroof headliner, all the glass comes out. Meaning I had allot of rubber seals to order. So went ahead and ordered all OEM from the dealership. Pricey but the fitment should be spot on. Have went the other route before and was less then perfect to say the least.

(1) rear window seal, (1) front window seal, (2) rear 1/4 window seals, (2) door seals, (1) hood seal, (2) headlamp seals and (1) emblem seal. Also picked up a radio delete panel.

Last edited by nippy; 01-12-2016 at 08:41 AM..
Old 01-06-2016, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

So now that all the windows are out we found some rust in the rear quarter window lower frame area which will need repair and a paint blend into the upper rear quarters. Also the front fenders are rusting from the inside out as some moisture got under the sealing product used when the flares were added on. Were also deleting the antenna hole. Were deleting the windshield sprayer nozzles. Then there is the lower rocker area which is full of screw holes from the rockers being screwed into the chassis. So basically what I'm saying is while were painting the new hood, duck, bumpers,roof (sunroof delete) and now lower rockers and front fenders. Were basically going to be painting the whole car. We also have the 993 aero mirrors and the weld in roll cage to paint. So the slippery slope just got slipperier. Then you have the door jams and engine jams. Allot more then what I was planning but since this is my last car, I'm going to do it right.

Got some pics with the body pcs. mocked up. You can see the oil cooler area on the front bumper needs some work. Will be cutting that open and getting it straight.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Non sunroof headliner and clips showed up today. Thanks Pelican! I had to order the 4 headliner bows as well. All my cars have had sunroofs prior so I wasn't aware of those parts until my guy Jason pointed it out that I would be needing them also. Further down the slope we go!

Last edited by nippy; 01-12-2016 at 08:47 AM..
Old 01-12-2016, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Travis

Garage
Subscribed. Great build. I like your garage setup BTW.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickes View Post
Subscribed. Great build. I like your garage setup BTW.
I wish it was ny garage. Thats jason of heritage motorcar restorations
Old 01-12-2016, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: