Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Engine Conversion Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Bell housing work

Audi V6 spacer welded to 931 Bell.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Hvac

Going over the Late model HVAC unit, needs some work. few things broken, but all repairable. I got the whole unit for free. so I am not worried.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Steering

received my A8 steering column system that I am going to either pull it apart and use what I need, or adapt the whole set up which would be really cool to have the adjuster system and all for it. will see how it all pans out when I go home to work on my swap after the 20th of Dec. If it does work out like I am thinking. I will have some fun and try molding in a Porsche crest to the steering wheel center.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
HVAC fitting

Hey all, working on fitting the late model 944 HVAC unit in. It is going pretty good, got it set about where it needs to go, required some extra cutting.... but what has not required that on this lol! But it will be a nice upgrade from the old worn out 81 924 stuff.
I will continue working on her after Christmas
The Dash will require a bit of mod work, but nothing crazy at a, was pretty surprised at how well it fit over the upper section.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Update!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPi51xZ-Kk&feature=share
Old 12-26-2019, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
HVAC Unit Update

Went through and opened up the blower system area, made my upper support shelf and bracket. very pleased with the progress.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
HVAC Unit Update

almost have the passenger side paneled up, and the rear upper section done around the HVAC unit, it is going slow, but smooth, which is great. lots of hand fabwork for sure.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Passenger side header

Fabricating the Passenger side header, it has turn out pretty good. quiet pleased with the shape, everything is tacked into to place and can be installed and removed with out taking it apart, which is huge! considering the space I am working with.
Drivers side is certainly going to be more tricky.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
Drivers side header

Fabricated the drivers side header. I am really happy with the progress this trip, tomorrow is my last day for working on her until possibly May or June.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
This was super cool to see. my 924 got her own little article on Pistonheads.
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/porsche-924-v8--readers-car-of-the-week/41577
Old 01-16-2020, 12:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Garage
Dashboard work

Hey all. I will be starting my Dashboard modifications and repairs to fit my A8 cluster and to make room for my wiring that will need to go through. I will post pictures of the dash as I make progress. should be able to start it this coming Friday or Saturday. depending on work schedule. Thankfully I have 2 spare dashboards here I pulled out of 2 old cars going to the scrap due to some awful crash damage. I plan to do the top of the Dash in Black, and the lower half in out family tartan as shown in my thread a bit earlier on my Door cards and arm rest/cassette holder

Old 01-22-2020, 12:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: