Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Andial Problem

Hello everyone,
I read alot of the posts and have learned alot from this board. Pelican has provided me with great parts and service. My last 930 was damaged at the race track and after two years now have another. It has an Andial fuel enrichment system on it which I was thrilled about. I wish to put my Ruf itercooler on that is from my last engine that I saved. When I called Andial I spoke with Jessie who told me to place the pressure switch on the intake side as I informed him the factory bypass had to be removed with the Ruf intercooler.When I asked if it was on the intake to the motor side or from the turbo to the intercooler I was told to" get my head out of my ass" by Jessie and he is tired of my type. This is the first time I have called Andial and was very surprised to be spoken to this way. Now I have a very bad impression of them and will not be dealing with them in the future. Can anyone help with where I should tap and thread the pressure switch on the Ruf intercooler. Thanks
PS has anyone else had an experience like this with them?

Old 07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That made me laugh... not very nice of them, but I am not sure how to respond if I called someone and they told me that. Take the Andial stuff off and burn it in effigy on your driveway.
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

LOL......Ya it is funny now, I was upset at first though. Maybe going to another fuel enrichment product is a better way to go. Any ideas?. I have a K27 turbo,B&B exhaust, 964 cams, 1 bar spring, and a Ruf intercooler.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

All I want is a stock SE intercooler. Same core but does not say RUF on the outside. Can't find one anywhere in the world.
The PO, PO installed something in my car that resembled an enrichment circuit... when I took it out the car got like 300 pound lighter. I wish I could find the pics of that cobbled together POS. Anyway, why do you think you need enrichment? Seems like lots of guys on here get away with 1 bar and stock CIS. Have you been able to check the AFR at different RPMs/boost levels?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

On a Mustang Dynamometer in 4th gear the AF was averaged at 11.3 making 281rwhp at 5900 rpm with the Andial at the highest setting. With the Andial off the AF was averaged at 11.6 making 275 rwhp.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I have had one on my car disengaged for the last 10 years. They aint what they were cracked up to be 20+ years ago. Numerous threads here as to why they don't work.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Me like track days

Name it Jessie. Burn it.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
On a Mustang Dynamometer in 4th gear the AF was averaged at 11.3 making 281rwhp at 5900 rpm with the Andial at the highest setting. With the Andial off the AF was averaged at 11.6 making 275 rwhp.
That kind of tells it all. Maybe ANDIAL needs the get their head out of their asses.

A bone stock Euro 930 is rated at 300BHP so why do they think a 275WHP needs fuel enrichment? I wish I had half the money these aftermarket jokers get selling folks crap they don't need, that will shorten the engine's life, so they can sell them more crap they don't need. It's a beautiful thing.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Me like track days

That's an amen, brother......
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirevtuner View Post
Maybe going to another fuel enrichment product is a better way to go. Any ideas?.
Eliminate the Andial Fuel Enrichment system.
Replace the fuel system’s present mechanical Warm Up Regulator (WUR) with a digitally controlled electro/mechanical WUR.
This scheme provides vastly improved control over fuel pressure/supply to the 930's CIS mechanical fuel injection system. If it works as it should, it will optimize fuel delivery to the engine at all engine speeds, loads and boost levels. It eliminates the need for an auxiliary fuel enhancement system (Andial) and lot of compromises built into the analog OEM WUR. Probable significant increase in both power and fuel economy v OEM WUR. And, for us turbo-power acceleration addicts that routinely push the engine to its limits, proper fuel delivery is Critical to the survival of the 930 engine.
A product that appears to fit the bill is manufactured by Unwired Tools, Flagstaff, AZ.
http://unwiredtools.com/utcis.asp For application on a 930-Turbo engine, the Unwired part number is UTCIS-PT™ .
This product is reportedly new in the OEM part replacement market.
Here’s a link to a thread discussing the device: Digital WUR
I presently run the Andial Fuel Enrichment System (which works well) on my 930 and plan to eliminate it if Chris Carroll of TurboKraft, Mesa, AZ is willing to sell me one. http://www.turbokraft.com/
Disclaimer/Acknowledgement: No affiliation with Unwired Tools. Satisfied customer of Turbokaft.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Where would one purchase one of these mystical digitally controlled WURs? Are they hard to set up? Pricey? I have everything apart right now so this sounds like another candidate for my runaway "while I am in there" addiction that I have developed.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
Where would one purchase one of these mystical digitally controlled WURs? Are they hard to set up? Pricey? I have everything apart right now so this sounds like another candidate for my runaway "while I am in there" addiction that I have developed.
Forum thread mentions several sources, one of which is Turbokraft, Mesa, AZ.
Until Chris Carroll of Turbokraft http://www.turbokraft.com/ has fully vetted/tested the device I personally wouldn't buy one. Chris is knowledgeable about 930 motors, their idiosyncrasies and needs and he's proven to be helpful, reliable and trustworthy.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I am in the process of looking for an IC. I called Andial and they were extremely helpful, maybe my questions broke the camels back.
It makes no sense why a retailer would piss off potential customers in this type of market...economic decline and last time I check these cars are getting harder to come by.
2002 996TT
1984 930 Turbo (gone and missed)
Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I know Andial makes some great products and have been around awhile. I'm sure they were helpful as they should be. I spoke to one person who may have been having a bad day but since it was my first time calling, this is the representation of the bussiness for me. NO person in customer service should ever have spoke to me like that. I said thank you and hung up not wanting to get on his level and will follow up trying to speak to someone incharge.
As a result of this after a good nights sleep have decided to BURN IT. I will take it off today and will post a pick. I normally don't like to waste things but this is therapy.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

I totally agree with you...
This has made me rethink my IC purchase from them...any suggestions on who else to look to...from what I understand B6 quality is bad and their Customer service is non existant and now I have read threads that Kokeln isnt much better on the quality side.
2002 996TT
1984 930 Turbo (gone and missed)
Old 07-11-2008, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Andial, like Porsche, is living off a hard won reputation earned by others. The guys that made Andial a legend, like their service apparently, are long gone.

ANDIAL Closed
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 07-11-2008, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
Here's the thead with all your answers
Digital WUR
T
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 07-11-2008, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

off topic, but I have an Andial story.

I thought they would be interested in marketing my knock controller, so I made an appointment to see Deiter, must have been in '92.

My test car was a Ford EXP. To demo the unit, I had a bargraph gauge to show the amount of knock retard and a disable switch, so I could turn it off and make it ping. I had the initial timing cranked up to 25°, was running it on 87 octane, and on top of that, it was a pretty hot day.

I drove Deiter around the area on surface streets. Every time I stepped on the gas, the knock retard gauge would light up and the unit would retard, preventing audible knock.

Deiter's comment was "It's retarding all the time."

Actually, it was retarding only when it needed to. I should have let him drive it, with the unit disabled, then turned it on again, but I couldn't believe he didn't understand what was happening. I guess the cat got my tongue, because I didn't respond. I dropped him off at the shop and never saw him again.

I later heard that they tuned on the dyno with the aid of knock headpones, so I dropped in to show them my Knock-Finder, but they weren't interested.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Yikes, Hirev & John...

Anyway if you wanted to keep it you should've put the switch on the intake side after the TB as you won't need additional fuel with the throttle shut.
However, as this device only lowers the control pressure it wouldn't waste much fuel if you did connect it to the turbo side of the TB as when you lift off the gas the CIS flap meter will close right down and reduce fuel to the engine anyway. Bigger flames maybe?
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
I can't believe that guy ripped you like that.. I mean it is funny a bit after the fact but uncalled for. I bet that guys wife had called 5 min before you telling him to bring home milk and eggs for the third time that week and you just caught him at a bad time.
I haven't bought anything from Andial in years but whenever I call Dieter to look up old records for one of my 935 or a 962 engines he always is happy to do so. He recently gave me the records for the motor in the Scorpio Racing 935 from 1983 .
Maybe try calling again. This time cross your fingers

Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: