Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 4.22 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
On turkey day we drove up to visit in-laws in thousand oaks.
On the way home I pointed out the bridge to my wife and started explaining the whole mull story to her, and her eyes immediately glazed over.
Didn't stop me tho ......... took almost the entire ride home to OC to finish telling her all about this thread.

I think I heard her snoring a couple times ..........
LOL, there has been A LOT of this going on at my house. She's very into cars (has two Porsches of her own) but quickly tires of me bringing this up EVERY DAY when I get home from work.

www.instagram.com/patrickossenkop
Old 12-14-2018, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6981 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Merk View Post
That is an interesting idea. Although I'm not one for infringing ANY rights but it may be wise to require an advanced driving course for operating cars with a certain power/weight ratio.
Agreed, but you do need a different license for an 18-wheeler. On a side note it would be cool if someone made a proper update of King of the Mountain with a good story line. I was thinking about how few great racing movies there are.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6982 (permalink)

Well it took me FIVE weeks to get through this thread and I have to say it may have changed my life!

Back in April we trekked to LA from Arkansas, taking the LONG way around (5200 miles round trip) so we could attend Luft5. While in LA for a week we had a run with a 991 S on Mulholland hwy from the Rock Store and ended up on PCH via Decker. Afterwards we got chased by a 1-series BMW down Tuna. What a thrill!

The day before the show we joined the Professor Run where we met Chris G (porcupine) and his wife.

Fast forward to last month, Chris G was staying just a few minutes from our house due to a flight layover. We took him out to dinner and while swapping stories he told us about this thread, the MIRRC, Banning and the infamous RSR.

The next day at work I took the plunge and started reading this epic tale. I became obsessed and it completely changed my outlook on this lifelong hobby of mine. I even started timing my commute to work in the morning.....whether I'm driving my 911 or my GMC pickup (lowered, Bilstein equipped and rear swaybar added

I just received my copy of John Hall's book yesterday and can't wait to dig in!

We are looking forward to returning to LA this spring for Luft6 and driving all the roads we missed last time, including the 'course.

www.instagram.com/patrickossenkop

Last edited by Mr. Merk; 12-20-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Old 12-20-2018, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6983 (permalink)

Aloha From Maui

Aloha from Maui,
Greetings to those of you who knew me when I raced the hill back in the 80s. Old Man Gary, Chris Banning, Phil M. miss hanging out and talking story. Just re found this page and now able to comment here. Miss LA and the hill. If any one sees Gary let him know that Chuck says hi.

If anyone is writing a book about the hill, hit me up. Got lots of stories that the book barely touched on.

Finally graduated from my 73 AMC Javlin, the green one with the black stripe, and the blue 76 camero, to an 85 vette. We dont have as many good roads like there is in LA but I was able to get it up to 140mph over here.

Aloha, Chuck
Old 12-28-2018, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6984 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: